Princess new unlimited internet

antsp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
As pointed out earlier, unlimited Internet was a full suite perk at one time. Princess suddenly eliminated it, replacing it with a free specialty restaurant dinner good only on embarkation day.

After enough complaints, all those who booked full suites before the elimination of the perk did get their unlimited Internet, but they had to ask for it once on the cruise.

Gosh...do i remember the screams when that happen...one guy I remember specifically...."How am I suppose to work"?

I'm like...well who wants to work from the ship. At that time social media was non-existent and most cruisers really didn't care about being connected..except.maybe to print a boarding pass....or a quick hello to family. Times have sure changed on a recent cruise both my Brother and BIL were working from the ship.....for me I still remain unconnected....My DH..checks his email....

• 2 months later...
This article is from 2014... I wonder if there is a website that would give status of the upgrade for the various ships...?

After spending much frustrated time perched in the doorway of the Internet cafe on the Crown last month, attempting to stay connected to answer work emails, my new motto is:

I can afford to cruise. But I can’t afford not to have internet.

I think princess is sadly missing out on the younger demographic that can travel but still have to work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you. We just got off the Caribbean Princess. Our first time on Princess and possibly our last. We NEED internet to work while we vacation. Who can afford $1000 in internet fees for a week? On Royal Caribbean we paid $19 daily for soda and unlimited internet. Great

I totally agree with you. We just got off the Caribbean Princess. Our first time on Princess and possibly our last. We NEED internet to work while we vacation. Who can afford $1000 in internet fees for a week? On Royal Caribbean we paid $19 daily for soda and unlimited internet. Great

(it posted before I was ready...) continued below:

Great connection on RC ships. We couldn't even get princess@sea to view the patter. It's disappointing because I really liked their cruise line.

On Royal Caribbean we paid $19 daily for soda and unlimited internet. Great

Disney prices by mb used. I paid $99 for a 1 gig package of good, fast speed on a 14 night cruise and my teen ended up with extra use left at the end of the cruise. But what has that to do with Princess?

On Princess, it cost me $199 for slow, crappy service on my most recent cruise, and that was 680 minutes, not unlimited.

Disney prices by mb used. I paid $99 for a 1 gig package of good' date=' fast speed on a 14 night cruise and my teen ended up with extra use left at the end of the cruise. But what has that to do with Princess?

On Princess, it cost me $199 for slow, crappy service on my most recent cruise, and that was 680 minutes, not unlimited.[/quote']

I was comparing cruise lines. It doesn't make sense that they can't provide great internet when other lines can. For the internet reason alone, we may never cruise Princess again.

• 3 months later...

BeachBum777 August 10, 2018 12:04 pm

For any who were waiting for Princess to offer unlimited internet -it's on Diamond on this cruise and has been available since May of 2018 also on Emerald and a select few others. PrincessCONNECT if you are Elite or Plat you can choose your standard free min or you can do as i plan - Buy the Premium Surf for the cost of the social. UNLIMITED. Internet Access - Purchase Pre-Cruise And Save Quantity Internet Access - Purchase Pre-Cruise and Save! PrincessCONNECT — Premium Package $139.99PrincessCONNECT — Premium Package $139.99 0 1234 From e-mail to streaming, enjoy truly premium, unlimited access! Original price: $179.99 USD All Internet usage subject to Princess Cruises' standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change. Add to Cart Internet Access - Purchase Pre-Cruise and Save! PrincessCONNECT — Surf Package $99.99PrincessCONNECT — Surf Package $99.99 0 1234 Surf your favorite sites from e-mail, news, sports and more, enjoying unlimited access.* Original price: $129.99 USD *May not allow for audio/video calling and streaming. Add to Cart Internet Access - Purchase Pre-Cruise and Save! PrincessCONNECT — Social Package $69.99 PrincessCONNECT — Social Package $69.99 0 1234 Unlimited access to the most popular social websites and applications.* Original price: $84.99 USD *May not allow for audio/video calling and streaming. Add to Cart

We had unlimited internet on the Regal in March, but not on the Caribbean in July. What I don't know is are they moving to this across the fleet or are they only doing it during the rollout of the medallion program. If they are moving to it, great, if only because of the poor rollout of the medallion then it will ultimately make me mad.

We had unlimited internet on the Regal in March, but not on the Caribbean in July. What I don't know is are they moving to this across the fleet or are they only doing it during the rollout of the medallion program. If they are moving to it, great, if only because of the poor rollout of the medallion then it will ultimately make me mad.

As of now, Caribbean has it for month of August. It's all about the medallion thing.