Disembarkation time frames at Ft Lauderdale

Not at all too early and I wouldn't think of using a Princess transfer in FLL as taxis will be lined up as far as you can see upon disembarkation. The airport and cruise terminal are almost within sight of each other and it is a very short trip.

Mike:)

We've self-disembarked at Port Everglades a number of times and have never arrived at FLL later than 8:00am.

Do self-disembark and take a taxi to FLL...you'll have no problem making your flight barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Lew

Is an 11:30 am flight cutting it way too close for comfort on disembarkation day at Ft Lauderdale? Are Princess transfers outlawed for an 11:30 am flight like Princess transfers are from the World Cruise Center in LA harbor to LAX?

We take a 9:00 or 9:30 flight regularly and do the self disembarkation.

We are at the gate by 7:45.

We take a cab, approx $15.

We take a 9:00 or 9:30 flight regularly and do the self disembarkation.

We are at the gate by 7:45.

We take a cab, approx $15.

Agree and we have never paid more than $15 for a taxi either.

Mike:)

Is an 11:30 am flight cutting it way too close for comfort on disembarkation day at Ft Lauderdale? Are Princess transfers outlawed for an 11:30 am flight like Princess transfers are from the World Cruise Center in LA harbor to LAX?

Re: your sig line as follows:

Princess Elite + Loyalty (aka Super Elite)

When was this designation initiated?

An 11:30am flight is very doable at FLL. The port is only ten minutes away. I wouldn't bother doing self disembarkation as that might save you only minutes since often, "regular" disembarkation is scheduled for the same time as the later self-disembarkation groups. It never takes me more than a minute or two to locate my bag and exit the terminal. I've made many 11:30am flights out of FLL.

Oh, interesting. I haven't heard of a new loyalty level and am surprised no one has posted about it yet. (I'm using Tapatalk so I didn't see the signature.) What is "Super Elite"? What is the cruise days' level? What new perks does it include?

Oh, interesting. I haven't heard of a new loyalty level and am surprised no one has posted about it yet. (I'm using Tapatalk so I didn't see the signature.) What is "Super Elite"? What is the cruise days' level? What new perks does it include?

I have a feeling that there is no new level or we would definitely be in it.

She said in another thread the other day that she had never sailed Princess, so it can't be Princess Cruises she's elite with. Maybe she's just letting us know that she's royalty?

The only time I wouldn't recommend a flight that early is if there are a lot of other cruise ships at Port Everglades the same day. We have taken several December cruises where the cruise lines have changed around their schedules to incorporate Christmas. On one of these, Port Everglades set a new record for the number of ships in the port. On that day, Customs was slow and taxis were scarce. I was glad we were staying overnight.

The only time I wouldn't recommend a flight that early is if there are a lot of other cruise ships at Port Everglades the same day. We have taken several December cruises where the cruise lines have changed around their schedules to incorporate Christmas. On one of these, Port Everglades set a new record for the number of ships in the port. On that day, Customs was slow and taxis were scarce. I was glad we were staying overnight.

I completely agree. We did several cruises out of Fort Lauderdale last year and on every one of them the first passengers were disembarking at 7:20am. The only times I would be worried about a flight anytime after 10am are when it's the first turnaround of the season in Fort Lauderdale and when there are 8 ships in port. This year that will be one weekend in December and January 6 (I think). On those days, unless you do walk off and get a taxi right away, an 11:30am flight might be pushing it.

Of course, DH won't book anything earlier than noon. We got delayed at Princess Cays one time and didn't arrive in Port Everglades until after 10am. That was not a pretty sight.

I agree with Putterdude.:) However, we always book a mid-afternoon flight out of Fort Lauderdale...just to play it safe. A glitch in 1)disembarkation, 2) finding a taxi if a great number of ships are in port or 3) in Fort Lauderdale airport security -- could cause unfortunate delay. It's worth it to us to relax and just take it easy. :)

Google cruise ship timetables and it will take you to a website where you can see what ships are in any port on any given day, then you'll know how much competition to expect. If you're still worried about whether or not you will be able to get a cab, you can purchase the transfer from Princess and they'll give you a disembarkation time that should get you to the airport in time (barring any unforeseen circumstances, of course). Bear in mind the transfer is about double the price of a taxi. :eek:

Princess advises not to book any flights before 10:30am out of FLL, so you should be fine (at least, I hope you are because we're doing an 11:30am flight after our TA cruise in November).

Happy cruising!

Archived