Noro outbreak on glory

ChefSusan

THIS INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM CARNIVAL

If you are sailing on Carnival Glory today to Halifax and St John, please be aware that there was a Noro outbreak on the cruise that is debarking at this moment.

If you are sailing today, you will be not be able to embark until 1:30pm the earliest, and cabins will not be available until 3:30pm the earliest.

If you get to the Port of NYC around 1:30pm, and receive a copy of the official letter from Carnival with the full explanation, you will receive a $15.00 credit towards lunch.

For further information, contact Carnival at 1-800-CARNIVAL.

THIS INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM CARNIVAL

If you are sailing on Carnival Glory today to Halifax and St John, please be aware that there was a Noro outbreak on the cruise that is debarking at this moment.

If you are sailing today, you will be not be able to embark until 1:30pm the earliest, and cabins will not be available until 3:30pm the earliest.

If you get to the Port of NYC around 1:30pm, and receive a copy of the official letter from Carnival with the full explanation, you will receive a $15.00 credit towards lunch.

For further information, contact Carnival at 1-800-CARNIVAL.

I didn't realize you are ON this cruise, today. Use LOTS of sanitizer and you will be fine:D Have a GREAT cruise!!!!!!

I didn't realize you are ON this cruise, today. Use LOTS of sanitizer and you will be fine:D Have a GREAT cruise!!!!!!
We're good to go - armed with oodles amounts of hand sanitizer, clorox wipes, and our own supply of Cipro... Stinks that we're going thru this, but so grateful that we got the email notification yesterday afternoon that something was amiss on Glory :-(

We're good to go - armed with oodles amounts of hand sanitizer, clorox wipes, and our own supply of Cipro... Stinks that we're going thru this, but so grateful that we got the email notification yesterday afternoon that something was amiss on Glory :-(

Have a GREAT time Susan. :o:o:o:o:o

it happens

ash your hands every chance you get as soon as you walk in your cabin stop in the bathroom do not touch the rails and let some one el

se push the bottons in the elevator

Is that better than washing.. LOL :D

tom_ashes.jpg

sorry..couldn't resist:o

Excellent choices for something, but not noro - none of them are effective at all in combating that virus, but they do kill good stuff which means that noro has less competition and is able to grow faster and stronger. The only thing that works is hand washing with soap and water. Leave the rest of the junk at home.

That has little to do with Noro which is usually brought onboard by a passenger. Although it can be a crew member who did't wash their hands, however they are under constant scrutiny about those things.

A perfectly clean ship can't stop Noro from spreading if one passenger who did't wash their hands after using the bathroom comes onboard infected and starts spreading it around.

As others have said..... Hand Sanitizer DOES NOT prevent Norovirus.

I think these outbreaks happen more than we think - the cruise lines are well versed and prepared for completely santizing.. just have some compassion for the staff when you finally get to board. They have probably been working their butts off to clean the ship and make it ready for you.

Noro is a virus; Cipro is an antibiotic. It won't help. :confused:

We just disembarked Glory this morning. DH and I were fine, but the boys got the bug. It seemed the kids were especially hard hit on this one. It was unbelievable how fast it spread. And yes, the crew has been working like mad to clean everything.

We just disembarked Glory this morning. DH and I were fine, but the boys got the bug. It seemed the kids were especially hard hit on this one. It was unbelievable how fast it spread. And yes, the crew has been working like mad to clean everything.

Did your kids do a lot of activities with camp carnival?

A kid might have brought it inboard. Kids do get sick the most though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

As others have said, wash your hands, and wash often. Hand sanitizer is ineffective against Noro. The best defense against all illness is plain ole soap, water, and scrubbing the hands for longer than you would think. Also, use the tissues to open the doors.

I can't even imagine how exhausted the crew must be. I'm sure many of them who planned to run on shore and pick up personal items, call home to talk to family or such now can't because they have to stay and help with the sanitizing of everything. For those embarking today.... I would just be nice and tip extra for the efforts they put in to make sure you are safe and virus free!

They recently got a score of 100% for cleanliness..wow

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with cleanliness....

as soon as that one passenger boards that has it.....

and if other passengers are not cautious...

that 100% score means nothing...

I also think some people are just generally more likely to get it for some reason.

We have been on 3 Noro cruises and never got it. This really surprised me because our youngest son has to hold the rail when he goes down steps (and he hates elevators so it is steps most of the time for him) plus he played the arcade constantly.

I do keep hand sanitizer in the cabin and they know to sanitize when they come in and just before they leave.....and I have taught them to wash their hands and use the tissues to open the door afterward.....

but with kids, you never know how much of that is really happening.

Did your kids do a lot of activities with camp carnival?

A kid might have brought it inboard. Kids do get sick the most though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Amazingly, they didn't spend a lot of time with Circle C/Club O2, but they were around other kids on the sports deck and the arcade. And while it seemed to hit the kids hard, there were sick adults as well. We were talking with a family this morning while waiting to disembark; husband is a self-professed germophobe, he brought along all sorts of disinfecting gear, and he was the only one in his family who got the bug.

I can't even imagine how exhausted the crew must be. I'm sure many of them who planned to run on shore and pick up personal items, call home to talk to family or such now can't because they have to stay and help with the sanitizing of everything. For those embarking today.... I would just be nice and tip extra for the efforts they put in to make sure you are safe and virus free!
I can't say enough about the crew. Our cabin stewards were wonderful (and since they had to deal with cleaning up after two sick kids, believe me we tipped extra!)

Archived