Carnival & HAL at HMC?

skiingj

Years ago I saw a picture of a Carnival & HAL ship both at HMC at the same time. Has anyone seen this happen? Thanks!

I've been at HM Cdozens of times, have shared HAL ships with other hAL ships but never HAL with a Carnival ship nor have I ever heard of OR read a verifiable report of HAL and Carnival being together there. I do think I once heard of Seabourn using the island.

We were there once with a Carnival Ship. Probably 6 or 7 years ago. Lots of people but not too bad. We arrived much earlier than Carnival and we left earlier than usual. Lunch was really crowded. This was before the "cottages" were built. Might be more of a zoo now.

We were there once with a Carnival Ship. Probably 6 or 7 years ago. Lots of people but not too bad. We arrived much earlier than Carnival and we left earlier than usual. Lunch was really crowded. This was before the "cottages" were built. Might be more of a zoo now.

The "cottages" (actual name cabanas) have been there about 15 years, maybe a bit longer.

The reason they don't share the island is the different prices for everything. HAL charges more.

On the Carnival Pride in OCT 2015? at HMC a small Hal ship appeared . They used their own tenders and never noticed they were there. Lots of room there

When I was on the Carnival pride last year we visited HMC. There was another ship on the other side of the island too far to identify. I was told that it was an HAL ship and they were using a different beach from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was on the Carnival pride last year we visited HMC. There was another ship on the other side of the island too far to identify. I was told that it was an HAL ship and they were using a different beach from us.
I don't see how that would be possible --- there are no docks for tenders to use, or any other facilities than what HAL or Carnival ordinarily use.

25ez49z.jpg

On the Carnival Pride in OCT 2015? at HMC a small Hal ship appeared . They used their own tenders and never noticed they were there. Lots of room there

I doubt this was a HAL ship. They occasionally allow ships from other lines to use HMC. Plus, in October, HAL has almost no presence in the Caribbean.

I will be at HMC on the Eurodam 3/12/18... so I looked up the port schedule for that day and it showed 3 ships due in port, the Eurodam, the Zuiderdam and a Carnival ship. I sure hope I got the wrong info!
I've seen this kind of scheduling in the past but inevitably when the day arrives the Carnival ship goes elsewhere.

I think Carnival ships hit HMC when the HAL Fleet is in Europe, the St. Lawrence and Alaska. When HAL ships are in the Caribbean, HMC is used by HAL anyone.
In Mar and Oct there is some season overlap, with HAL there one day and Carnival the next, raising the possibility of both lines wanting to use the island on the same day. Edited by catl331

I think Carnival ships hit HMC when the HAL Fleet is in Europe, the St. Lawrence and Alaska. When HAL ships are in the Caribbean, HMC is used by HAL anyone.

In Mar and Oct there is some season overlap, with HAL there one day and Carnival the next, raising the possibility of both lines wanting to use the island on the same day.
In fact, cruisetimetables.com shows Carnival ships are interleaved with HAL ships throughout the winter.

On Feb 19, 2018, Zuiderdam and Carnival Sensation are both scheduled for HMC. (According to Cruisett)

That ought to make for an interesting crowd....folks from a 10 day HAL cruise mixed with folks from a 5 day Carnival booze cruise.

On Feb 19, 2018, Zuiderdam and Carnival Sensation are both scheduled for HMC. (According to Cruisett)

That ought to make for an interesting crowd....folks from a 10 day HAL cruise mixed with folks from a 5 day Carnival booze cruise.

... with different prices for cabanas, clamshells, excursions, lobster shack, etc, etc. It would be an accounting nightmare.... I doubt it will happen.

... with different prices for cabanas, clamshells, excursions, lobster shack, etc, etc. It would be an accounting nightmare.... I doubt it will happen.

Agree. Unless the re-routing due to damage on other islands forces this pairing, I bet it changes, with Carnival not coming by.

I will be at HMC on the Eurodam 3/12/18... so I looked up the port schedule for that day and it showed 3 ships due in port, the Eurodam, the Zuiderdam and a Carnival ship. I sure hope I got the wrong info!

As of today that has changed. The Carnival ship has had it's itinerary rearranged and so it will just be Eurodam and Zuiderdam in HMC on 3/12/2018.