Port of Galveston question

We will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston early next year. I am thinking about using Galveston Express for transfer from the port of Galveston to Houson Hobby airport. Would it be possible to make a 9am pickup at the port? (options are 9am & 11am).

Tom

We have sailed out of Port of Galveston many times. Twice we have been held up at sea for hours due to fog, we usually sail Jan, Feb or Mar. If you do a search you will find that Galveston can be a real pain to embark and disembark. You would think by this time they would have it down pat, but it is still a mess. I personally would not do the 9AM, stay on the ship and don't be in a panic should there be a delay. I also fly out of Hobby [we now live in Dallas] and after getting caught twice on disembarkation, I only book flights for after 3P. I don't want a relaxing week capped off with a potential problem getting off the ship. I'll be sailing Liberty 2/28-3/6/16.

Edited by sugcarol

We used Galveston Express in August, but had a 1:00 pick up, so waited. The terminal lines were ridiculous. If you get a porter, you get out much faster, but I wouldn't chance the 9:00 time. They are very prompt, and if you aren't where you are supposed to be waiting when they come, you might not get on the shuttle. They go back and forth all cruise day. They picked us up at a Houston airport area hotel precruise. I would definitely use them again, IF we ever cruise from Galveston again.

We will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston early next year. I am thinking about using Galveston Express for transfer from the port of Galveston to Houson Hobby airport. Would it be possible to make a 9am pickup at the port? (options are 9am & 11am).

Tom

We just got off Liberty last week. We were off the ship and cleared through customs at 8:15! We have never gotten off an RCI ship that smoothly ever! We did self- disembark so that helped, but this was the best organized we have ever seen.

Having said that, Liberty and Carnival Magic docked more or less on time, but the Caribbean Princess going into Houston was held up by the fog. I was surprised we got in; the fog was pretty think. So it really is hard to predict what time you'll get in.

We aren't sailing out of Galveston until next September. (first time) But after reading multiple reviews, we would probably go with 11 AM, given your two options. We plan to try Galveston Express as well. :)

We aren't sailing out of Galveston until next September. (first time) But after reading multiple reviews, we would probably go with 11 AM, given your two options. We plan to try Galveston Express as well. :)

The new terminal should be finished by then so things should be running smoother.

We have sailed out of Port of Galveston many times. Twice we have been held up at sea for hours due to fog, we usually sail Jan, Feb or Mar. If you do a search you will find that Galveston can be a real pain to embark and disembark. You would think by this time they would have it down pat, but it is still a mess. I personally would not do the 9AM, stay on the ship and don't be in a panic should there be a delay. I also fly out of Hobby [we now live in Dallas] and after getting caught twice on disembarkation, I only book flights for after 3P. I don't want a relaxing week capped off with a potential problem getting off the ship. I'll be sailing Liberty 2/28-3/6/16.

My wife and I will be on that same cruise in February. We are looking forward to our first cruise out of Galveston. Hope to see you on board.