Yokohama to NRT including an excursion

Ontario Cruiser

We are on the Millie Transpacific from Vancouver to Japan n Sept 18th 2018 I phoned the cruise desk to book the excursion that takes us to NRT and was told it was sold out.

Hopefully we can book it onboard If not any suggestions on how to do an excursion that will end at the airport. Our flight isn't until 5PM

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

You might try Viator, we used the company they contract with to get a shared bus from NRT to Tokyo and then from Tokyo to the cruise port terminal in Yokohama. Note that I think Viator is a travel agent, they use local companies to actually give the tours etc.

https://www.viator.com/Tokyo/d334-ttd?mcid=28353&supbk=1&supci=-1311530925&supag=53012288808&supsc=s&supai=227294953618&supap=1t1&supdv=c&supnt=g&supti=kwd-371784390409&suplp=9031150&supli=&gclid=CjwKCAjw-bLVBRBMEiwAmKSB80q3LJFIKVwLQeNI33fEudGQnhvKOIGpLwOH-ieX_TyA-K03iaVV1hoCJPgQAvD_BwE

At Osanbashi Cruise Terminal, get yourselves and your suitcases into a taxi and go to Yokohama Station. (10 minutes, 1500 yen)

Option 1

At Yokohama Station, purchase a ticket to Tokyo Station on Narita Express or any other JR Train.

Get off at Tokyo Station and put your bags into a rental locker.

Visit the Imperial Palace, Otemachi, and Ginza areas.

Go back to Tokyo Station, pick up your bags, and buy a ticket on Narita express to Narita Airport. (one hour trip)

Option 2

At Yokohama Station, buy a JR or Narita Express ticket to Shinjuku Station.

Get off at Shinjuku Station and put your begs in a rental locker.

Visit the Shinjuku and Yoyogi areas.

Go back to Shinjuku Station, pick up your bags, and buy a ticket on Narita Express to Narita Airport. (75 minute trip)

Option 3

At Yokohama Station buy a ticket on Narita Express to Narita Airport. (2 hour trip)

At Narita, check your bags with the airline, or put them in a rental locker.

Catch a local train to Narita City. (160 yen, 10 minutes)

Visit the local temples, have lunch, and do some shopping at the local mall.

Its 160 yen and 10 minutes back to Narita Airport.

At Yokohama there are elevators from the train station entrances to the train platforms.

From the platform, you can roll your bags directly onto the train.

Narita Express train cars have dedicated luggage storage at both ends of each car.

Narita Express trains now offer free WIFI.

At Narita Airport, there are elevators from the platform to the exits in the airport basement.

From the airport basement, there are elevators to the check-in floor.

The fare from Yokohama to Narita Airport is 4,300 yen per person.

When you buy your tickets, you need to tell the clerk which Narita Airport Terminal you are using; 1,2,or 3.

Local trains from Narita Airport to Narita City leave from the same place (Terminal B2 floor) where the Narita Express Trains arrive.

Thanks I like option 3. We are senior senior cruisers. How hard will it be to load our suitcases on train.

Also do you know the price from port to NRT?

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

That's why I typically recommend the airport limousine bus instead of a train, because it is almost door-to-door. Take the taxi from Osanbashi to "YCAT" (a specific area in Yokohama station, which is quite large). Then, take the limousine bus from YCAT to NRT. You can find everything you want to know about this service in English here: http://www.ycat.co.jp/en/route/narita/ycat2narita.php

If you want to explore before taking the coach to the airport, there is a luggage storage service there as well.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am trying to go the other way...Narita to Yokohama Hotel. Am I correct in saying you could catch the limo bus Narita to YCAT? Does the limo bus go further like towards the terminal or hotel near there like the Hotel New Grand?

I checked Viator, so thanks for that tip (they offer Narita to Port).

Also have seen the Narita Express, but cannot makes heads or tails of the map. At first I thought it was direct to Yokohama but maybe you take it to Tokyo then transfer to another line to Yokohama...can anyone help?

Thank you in advance for any help! We are trying to figure out the best way for us as we have a cruise starting in Yok, but are staying near the cruise terminal for a week or so.

Hi, I am trying to go the other way...Narita to Yokohama Hotel. Am I correct in saying you could catch the limo bus Narita to YCAT? Does the limo bus go further like towards the terminal or hotel near there like the Hotel New Grand?

I checked Viator, so thanks for that tip (they offer Narita to Port).

Also have seen the Narita Express, but cannot makes heads or tails of the map. At first I thought it was direct to Yokohama but maybe you take it to Tokyo then transfer to another line to Yokohama...can anyone help?

Thank you in advance for any help! We are trying to figure out the best way for us as we have a cruise starting in Yok, but are staying near the cruise terminal for a week or so.

Yes,there are many transfer buses from Narita that will take you to various locations in Yokohama.

When you exit the luggage claim/customs area at Narita, you will find yourself in the Arrivals Hall. In the that area are several desks that sell bus and train tickets to just about anywhere in Japan. The staff working there speak English.

You need only tell them where and when you want to go.

They issue the tickets, give you the boarding location, and you pay them.

Narita Express is on the B4 level of your terminal. Trains run very frequently. You need only tell them your destination. They sell you a reserved ticket for the car that arrives where you are going. The general route is NRT to Tokyo Station to Shinjuku Station to Yokohama Station. There are also intermediary stops at Shibuya and Shinagawa on some of the trains.