Pearl Cruises Cancelled - 2/17/19, 2/24/19, 3/3/19

Gappleby

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding NorwegianPearl's 7-Day Western Caribbean sailings from Tampa, Florida on February 17,2019; February 24, 2019 and March 3, 2019. All guests booked on these sailingsneed to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forwardthis information to their clients.

Because the ship has been chartered the 7-day Western Caribbean sailingsdeparting on February 17, 2019; February 24, 2019 and March 3, 2019 are nolonger available.

Norwegian is offering guests currently booked and fully deposited on thissailing the following options:

- Option 1: Move toNorwegian Pearl's 7-day Western Caribbean sailings from Tampa on March 10,2019; March 17, 2019 or March 24, 2019 and your cruise fare and promotions willbe protected. If you choose this option and are booked in an Inside, Oceanview,Balcony or Mini-Suite a $25 per stateroom onboard credit will be applied toyour onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categoriesbeginning with S or H) you will receive a $50 per stateroom onboard credit.Onboard credits can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding servicecharges.

- Option 2: Move toany sailing in our fleet at the current published fare and your deposit will bemoved to the new ship and sailing date. If you choose this option and arebooked in an Inside, Oceanview, Balcony or Mini-Suite a $25 per stateroomonboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If you are currentlybooked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H) you will receive a $50 perstateroom onboard credit. Onboard credits can be used on any expenditure on theship excluding service charges.

Norwegian will also cover up to $300 maximum per person air change fees. Welook forward to hearing from you by April 18, 2018, so that we can modify yourreservation. If we don't hear from you by April 18, 2018, your reservation willbe cancelled. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at(877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm ET Monday through Friday.

For any guests booked outside of the US/Canada please visit http://www.ncl.com for ourlocal contact information in handling your reservation.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward toassisting you.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Senior Vice President, Passenger Services

I don't think I'd ever book on the Pearl in early spring. It seems Pearl cruises constantly being cancelled for charters.

to be honest I wouldn't book any cruise in March because of spring break. It is a blessing that the ship is going to chartered.

I haven't yet heard this from NCL although we are booked on one of the affected cruises. I've sent a rebook on one of the other ones offered to my TA. Will wait and see what kind of luck she has with NCL. This is the third time it has happened to us.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding NorwegianPearl's 7-Day Western Caribbean sailings from Tampa, Florida on February 17,2019; February 24, 2019 and March 3, 2019. All guests booked on these sailingsneed to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forwardthis information to their clients.

Because the ship has been chartered the 7-day Western Caribbean sailingsdeparting on February 17, 2019; February 24, 2019 and March 3, 2019 are nolonger available.

Norwegian is offering guests currently booked and fully deposited on thissailing the following options:

- Option 1: Move toNorwegian Pearl's 7-day Western Caribbean sailings from Tampa on March 10,2019; March 17, 2019 or March 24, 2019 and your cruise fare and promotions willbe protected. If you choose this option and are booked in an Inside, Oceanview,Balcony or Mini-Suite a $25 per stateroom onboard credit will be applied toyour onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categoriesbeginning with S or H) you will receive a $50 per stateroom onboard credit.Onboard credits can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding servicecharges.

- Option 2: Move toany sailing in our fleet at the current published fare and your deposit will bemoved to the new ship and sailing date. If you choose this option and arebooked in an Inside, Oceanview, Balcony or Mini-Suite a $25 per stateroomonboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If you are currentlybooked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H) you will receive a $50 perstateroom onboard credit. Onboard credits can be used on any expenditure on theship excluding service charges.

Norwegian will also cover up to $300 maximum per person air change fees. Welook forward to hearing from you by April 18, 2018, so that we can modify yourreservation. If we don't hear from you by April 18, 2018, your reservation willbe cancelled. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at(877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm ET Monday through Friday.

For any guests booked outside of the US/Canada please visit www.ncl.com for ourlocal contact information in handling your reservation.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward toassisting you.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Senior Vice President, Passenger Services

At least you were given advance notice. I was told about a month prior to sailing and final payment had already been made

I haven't yet heard this from NCL although we are booked on one of the affected cruises. I've sent a rebook on one of the other ones offered to my TA. Will wait and see what kind of luck she has with NCL. This is the third time it has happened to us.

My TA rebooked us for one of the later cruises offered. NCL accepted it all ok.

Fares and promotions were not protected, had to re book at CURRENT prices, total bull crap, Just cancelled after speaking with them and our "agent"......

Were you trying to book on one of the three alternate dates offered for the Pearl, or were you trying to book a different ship and/or different dates? I had a group of seven staterooms booked, and all were moved from 3/3/19 to 3/17/19 with no problem. I am waiting for the group benefits to be reapplied, but so far my pricing has been protected.

Same thing happenned to us on a Sept 2018 west coast cruise. I wrote the following letter/email to NCL- never did receive a reply. Guess this happens more often than I thought. Now I am more upset hearing other folks having the same issue.

"I am writing to express our disappointment with the booking of our vacation on the Pearl for Oct 1, 2018. We have been big fans of NCL and view it as having consistently offered an enjoyable vacation experience with good value for dollars spent. We have travelled NCL in Europe, on the pacific coast and to New England and the Carribean. This week, NCL cancelled the Oct 1 sailing . We received an email advising us of an alternative 9 day sailing and directing us to a “dedicated “ support line . After waiting more than an hour, we learned that the ‘dedicated” support personnel had no information on either the cancellation or on the proposed 9 day sailing that was to leave also on Oct 1. We later learned that the 9 day sailing has been cancelled as well.

We were to be traveling with relatives and friends and had 4 balcony cabins booked. This is a major disappointment to us as there is no real alternative to this short repositioning cruise (other than on the Bliss at twice the price) . We are most disappointed when social media points out that the cruise was cancelled so that the ship could be chartered out at a higher revenue stream. As an accountant I recognize that the bottom line is important but I question if in this case it is worth alienating loyal customers. It generally cost much more to attract new customers than to keep the old.

We have yet to receive and communication from your reservation dept. (other than the original cancellation notice). The fact that he did not make an effort to contact us sends a loud message and should be of great concern to you. The failure of the “dedicated” line and the confused offer of an alternative 9 day cruised was a muddled response. Will we still use NCL- yes probably but this incident may make us examine our alternatives more closely. The other cabins were to contain cruisers new to NCL- the fact that we organized this venture and that it was cancelled simply to enhance NCL’s profits is an embarrassment to us.

We are reaching retirement age and by necessity must be very careful with how we rationalize our travel dollars. We want to continue to enjoy NCL but frankly this experience leaves us a bit nervous."

At least you were given advance notice. I was told about a month prior to sailing and final payment had already been made

Are you saying the ship was chartered out a month prior to your sailing? What happened to your money then or what did you do? I have only heard of cancelling that late when there was a problem with the ship, never for a charter. :confused:We did have a cruise cancelled on us when we were going to sail another line, but we were given notice. Now, we have been on many cruises where 1/2 the ship has been chartered. this has happened on NCL a couple of times and on Princess once.

Didn`t NCL used to offer $50 per cabin and $100 per suite ? I`m pretty sure because we`ve been cancelled 4 times now !!!

What is it they say about the definition of insanity?

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

One would think after being cancelled once or maybe twice, not to book the Pearl in that timeframe.