Spinnaker Lounge on the Pearl

brunolvr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Spinnaker had new carpeting, upholstery and furniture. IMO, it looked great and appears much more classy/grown up than before. I noticed some of the white donut chairs were in the photo room and also card rooms between the main pool and the spa. Some of the other public areas seemed to have a mix of new carpeting, furniture, upholstery or all three.

Pic of Spinnaker included. Hope this works.

Spinnaker.jpg.d7580a60413a9f499eedee60c6627150.jpg

Looks nice. I'm hoping they took those annoying video game/gambling machines out. (or am I confusing Pearl with Jewel?) Either way, go in there, trying to have a quiet space to watch the scenery go by and that game machine thing starts talking. UGH! Thanks for sharing pics.

The Spinnaker had new carpeting, upholstery and furniture. IMO, it looked great and appears much more classy/grown up than before. I noticed some of the white donut chairs were in the photo room and also card rooms between the main pool and the spa. Some of the other public areas seemed to have a mix of new carpeting, furniture, upholstery or all three.

Pic of Spinnaker included. Hope this works.

Thanks for the picture of Spinnaker Lounge on the Pearl. So there are no more of the couches in there that people used to nap on?

Thanks for the picture of Spinnaker Lounge on the Pearl. So there are no more of the couches in there that people used to nap on?

The only couches are the small ones that are seen in the far left side of the picture. I didn't see any couches that would be conducive for a nap. :) Also, there are no bar stools at the bar. I didn't see any furniture in there that was previously there pre-refurb. Interesting to note as well that Bliss was used only for Karaoke at night and the DJ now plays at night in Spinnaker.

The only couches are the small ones that are seen in the far left side of the picture. I didn't see any couches that would be conducive for a nap. :) Also, there are no bar stools at the bar. I didn't see any furniture in there that was previously there pre-refurb. Interesting to note as well that Bliss was used only for Karaoke at night and the DJ now plays at night in Spinnaker.

Great! Thanks for all the info. We'll be on the Pearl in a little over 6 weeks! Can't wait! Do you remember who the Captain was?

Great! Thanks for all the info. We'll be on the Pearl in a little over 6 weeks! Can't wait! Do you remember who the Captain was?

It was Captain Paul (don't know a last name). He made daily announcements on the PA system and not just the typical ship's midday location announcements. This was appreciated, as some cruises you never hear from the Captain or feel he's interested in you, or the voyage for that matter. :)