Escape Room on Harmony

It was $19.99 per person. It was a fun activity. My husband and son really got into it. We reserved it ahead of time on the cruise planner.

You can book once on board as well. if you go that route, I would make the reservation early on in the cruise,

Thank you!

19.99 also. And it was lots of fun.

Here's the one and only picture you will get. We finished with a minute 30 seconds to spare.

I believe the cost is to cut down on the no shows. You need a group to solve it63a6501fdf16dbda94e41d70e1fa137d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It was free when I did it in 2016. I wouldn’t pay $20 to do it that is for sure and if I had to pay $80 or 100 for a family, geez.

We were on the 13 day transatlantic. It is ok but there is so much to do on this ship that doesn’t cost $20 per person and in a 7 day cruise I wouldn’t waste the time at that price. That money is better spent elsewhere IMO.

You can do escape rooms at home. Why pay to purposely lock yourself inside a room on a beautiful Caribbean ship with so much to do outside.

Now if it was at night and they had bar service. Well then that would be different.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, When does this appear on your cruise planner? I am on the Aug 25th sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. I just booked my entertainment yesterday but still no 'Rubicon' option. Also, we are a family of 5. Will they allow us to go in with just this group or does it have to be larger?

Thanks, Charles

Well, glad you got a better deal but on land its not unusual to pay $25 or $30. Whether, its worth $19.99 is subjective.

Actually not really.

Considering Rubicon was free entertainment...a new charge of $20 or more will likely result in a shift in interest.

Subjective? Hardly...there are numerous post reviews, comments, observations from people who already have "done" the Rubicon experience...that agree that while it is entertaining...there's no way many folks would begin to pay for it (no matter what the price).

Actually not really.

Considering Rubicon was free entertainment...a new charge of $20 or more will likely result in a shift in interest.

Subjective? Hardly...there are numerous post reviews, comments, observations from people who already have "done" the Rubicon experience...that agree that while it is entertaining...there's no way many folks would begin to pay for it (no matter what the price).

Well, someone tried to join our session but it was booked up and so was a few others. I did it and don't regret it. Everyone else in our session seemed to enjoy it. Some people enjoy specialty dining and others feel it's a waste. Anyway, the OP was simply looking for information.

Prices creeping ever upward, on this as well as specialty dining, Johnny Rockets, beverage packages, excursions, etc. I don’t like where this is going.

Don’t get me wrong. From a strictly business perspective, their marketing strategy is very effective. Introduce something free or for a minimal fee, and once you’ve established interest, increase the costs as much as the market will bear.

As I said, I don’t like it, but I understand where they are coming from.

By the way, we paid $9 a few years ago and had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums