Navigator: Singapore to Cape Town

Gilly

wishIweretravelling, I understand that an upper cabinet will be fitted in each suite - though when, I have no idea (though probably not before June). There is a "dead" space in the corner, above the fridge and coffee machine which would accommodate a single cabinet and this would make quite a difference. Every little helps! It's not that we take a lot of stuff with us, but I am always aware that working around bits and pieces makes the housekeeping task more of a challenge and I'd always prefer to put everything away to enable a clean sweep through.

We left feeling very positive indeed about Navigator. She is a fine ship, in great shape - in terms of décor and function - and in our opinion offers all the Regent service in a quieter, more gentle way. The Compass Rose lunchtime offering is excellent - we enjoyed our favourite specialities from Chartreuse, Pacific Rim and P7 on the menu there even though two of those restaurants don't feature on board. The evening menu is amazingly extensive - we couldn't wish for more. Bearing in mind we sailed on a full ship, there were only a couple of places which we felt became overcrowded - one being the "piano bar" area of the coffee shop midships, when Clive was playing pre- and post-dinner, the other being the Stars Lounge during Trivia. I'm envious of your upcoming cruise and hope you will share some of the fun here or elsewhere?

Rallydave, yes only the "named" suites are larger in size and the Penthouse/Verandah suites are all pretty similar to one another. Our safari was outstanding and way exceeded our expectations. Definitely a must-do post cruise extension!

I'm just going through my photographs and trying to pull my travel journal together and in doing so, I realise that I didn't quite finish posting one or two bits and pieces from Navigator to my blog. I've posted a few pics from around the ship today and will post a couple more posts to my blog in the next few days, as time allows. Our cruise might have finished :loudcry: but the memories linger on :cool: