Epic large balcony questions

GlenG

Hi Guys,

Am looking at the Epic in September this year and am liking the look of the B6 category (large balcony) - two cabins available would be 11169 or 11172, but there are others.

My concerns?

The bed being too close to the sink seems to be causing some adverse comments. Does anyone know which specific cabins in this category have this layout?

With the slant of the balconies in this grade cabin, I have read comments that you are looking into your neighbour's balcony and there is little privacy. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

As this will be my first NCL cruise, I want to make sure I choose a good cabin and become a convert!:D

Glen G

Hi Guys,

Am looking at the Epic in September this year and am liking the look of the B6 category (large balcony) - two cabins available would be 11169 or 11172, but there are others.

My concerns?

The bed being too close to the sink seems to be causing some adverse comments. Does anyone know which specific cabins in this category have this layout?

With the slant of the balconies in this grade cabin, I have read comments that you are looking into your neighbour's balcony and there is little privacy. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

As this will be my first NCL cruise, I want to make sure I choose a good cabin and become a convert!:D

Glen G

Glen, I had 11246 on my Epic cruise, I had one of the largest balcony in the b6 category, unfortunately the bed is closer to the door, and it was a problem for me. It you decide to do it, I think you should find one with the bed closer to balcony, you can tell from the ship's map. The curve outward is where the bed is, and the curve inward is the sofa. Just make sure the curve outward is closer to the balcony. 11246 has an angle, but the privacy won't be compromise, we can see others when we lean on the balcony, but unless someone was specifically trying, no one can really see anything.

The room rattles, so i wouldn't pick that again. The layout is more important than the large balc IMO.

11169 has the bed by the balcony door. I had a room in this catagory and loved the larger balcony. Ask your steward for a lounge chair, you will love lounging on your balcony.

11172 has the bed by the sink ( cabin door).

Edited by SASA13

Hi Glen

We are booked 11169 for Feb 25 sailing. Had researched on CC the bed configurations ahead and it appears having the bed close to balcony door is the best. Also it appears being on the port side is better when docking. Better views. Did not read anything about a problem with privacy on the balcony. That all I can share right now .

Arlene

Thanks Arlene - will you let me know how you found it after you get back? Hope you have a fantastic trip!

I will try to do a review when I get back. I have always cruised with Princess in the past ( and loved it) but cannot compare unless we experience it so that is the reason we are going on the Epic.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the bed is by the door when it sleeps 4 in the cabin. The upper berth drops from the ceiling and when it is down there is very little to room to access the balcony door. So if it was reversed, you would have a hard time getting in/out of the cabin. Those of us who need 2 extra beds for kids are stuck with the inconvenient arrangement. When I booked our upcoming Easter trip, I didn't have an option to book the other setup. But at least we will be on vacation!

We just got back from having 10253. LOVED the room! Both times we have sailed the Epic we've had the bed nearer the balcony - which we prefer. But the huge balcony was fabulous. We had room for two loungers, two chairs and the small table. We'd book a B6 (over a B1) again.

We just got back from having 10253. LOVED the room! Both times we have sailed the Epic we've had the bed nearer the balcony - which we prefer. But the huge balcony was fabulous. We had room for two loungers, two chairs and the small table. We'd book a B6 (over a B1) again.

we will be in the same cabin in just over a month and i can't wait. did you have to ask for the loungers or are they already there? would love to hear more about your trip, must see and do things.

we will be in the same cabin in just over a month and i can't wait. did you have to ask for the loungers or are they already there? would love to hear more about your trip, must see and do things.

Room 10253

IMG_1182.jpg

Balcony (B6) 10253

IMG_1183.jpg

Ooh you'll love Sopie, the steward. He was so attentive. When we arrived there was one lounger, two chairs and a table. I asked for a 2nd, the fridge to be emptied and for one robe. When we got back 20m later that was all done plus an extra robe. He's great!!

For "must do" I'd go to Teppanyaki and asked for Salvatore. Le Bistro is great, as is Cagney's. Food is hard for me to vote on since I don't eat red meat at all and I know a lot of people rave about the steaks aboard. I loved the fresh pasta stations in the buffet at lunch and the omelets in the a.m. I found they had a lot of extra add in's if asked nicely. :)

The martini, margarita & beer tastings are a deal and a half @ $15 for 5. Raechelle in Maltings is fabulous. Cirque and the Ice Bar are things you should see once. BMG, Legends, the comedian and Howl were all done by us and enjoyed throughly.

If you're looking for port ideas we HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Rumbaba Charters in St. Thomas. By far the best excursion we've ever done. The food/drinks alone are worth the $125pp.

Enjoy your trip!!

• 10 months later...
I will try to do a review when I get back. I have always cruised with Princess in the past ( and loved it) but cannot compare unless we experience it so that is the reason we are going on the Epic.

Hi Arlene :) I am looking forward to any kind of review from you-- I just booked that cabin for our November cruise. It definitely looked like it had a great layout. I went by SDMike's recommendations of which cabins to avoid, as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Going on the Epic next week! :D I am booked in room #11169 as well (I do not claim anything left behind!,) after upgrading from a lower balcony (wanted higher up!) I know it won't do any good for you Glen (sorry :rolleyes: ) but I plan on posting pics after. First NCL cruise for me, wish my husband liked the princess. :p Oh well. To cruises! Yay! :D

I was looking at that room to for my upcoming cruise but decided to do room 11075, I believe that is in the same category, that room hold three people and 11076 holds 4 people but the bed is by sink which is not the preferred layout. But 11075 the bed is near the balcony and the balcony is over 96 square feet. It is one of the largest balconies in that category.

I was looking at that room to for my upcoming cruise but decided to do room 11075, I believe that is in the same category, that room hold three people and 11076 holds 4 people but the bed is by sink which is not the preferred layout. But 11075 the bed is near the balcony and the balcony is over 96 square feet. It is one of the largest balconies in that category.

Curiously, we have 10079 booked for our cruise. This is directly below yours and same size. Really looking forward to large balcony. Ken

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Just in case someone else searches for information, we booked 14049 B4 category Family Balcony. Even though it was just the two of us the location was amazing. Close to stairs and elevators and one floor below pool/garden cafe. The balcony was huge!!! After speaking with our room steward he brought a lounger the morning after embarkation when he made up the room, I loved having that available!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums