On board booking question

boblerm

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered before but I cannot find it.

I am sailing on the Voyager in June, and was planning on booking a cruise on the Splendor when on board to take advantage of on board booking benefits. But I am concerned about the suites I am interested in for the cruise in question being booked up by that time.

So if I book it now, can I see the future cruise consultant and get on board booking benefits applied to that cruise? Some cruise lines allow for this, I don't know if Regent does.

Thanks,

Bob

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered before but I cannot find it.

I am sailing on the Voyager in June, and was planning on booking a cruise on the Splendor when on board to take advantage of on board booking benefits. But I am concerned about the suites I am interested in for the cruise in question being booked up by that time.

So if I book it now, can I see the future cruise consultant and get on board booking benefits applied to that cruise? Some cruise lines allow for this, I don't know if Regent does.

Thanks,

Bob

If the suite category you booked is available and no price change, you can get the OBS. We always book immediately, when we know we want a specific cruise. The few hundred dollars is not as important if it means we can not have the suite of our choice. Then, when we are onboard our next cruise, we check with the cruise consultant. My best advice.

Sheila

Thanks Sheila, yes, I agree, sometimes you can shoot yourself in the foot by trying to save what turns out to be a relatively insignificant amount compared to the cost of a cruise.

I will book now, and hope for the best.

Yes, we booked this ship from New York Barcelona. We wanted Grand Suite on the day it opened, now all upper suites sold out. You may want to think about buying a pre-purchase cert on the ship. That's what we did on our last cruise-glad we did because we got all the benefits as booking on the ship. If we waited until we get on the ship (cruise) to tomorrow, what we wanted would have been sold. We'll be buying another one just to have so when we see something we like we can book at that time with benefits.

Future cruise certificates need to be used as soon as possible after bookings open if you want a specific suite or a specific category. I'm looking at the certificate as I write this and an important thing to pay attention to is:

"Onboard Savings is offered on all voyages initially and is subject to change closer-in due to popular demand. Guests are encouraged to select their preferred future sailing as early as possible to secure preferred pricing and suite availability. A $200 Shipboard Credit per suite will be offered in the event Onboard Savings is closed."

Two questions related to topics discussed above.

We are not familiar with future cruise certificates. How do they work, what is the cost, and what are the benefits?

We are booked on the Miami-Los Angeles trip on Splendor. All the chatter on this board seems to be about the return (next) leg from LAX to MIA. Is there something to be preferred about the one vs. the other?

Thanks.

Since I still have the Certificate on my desk, I'll give you more information.

1. The cost is $2,000 - redeemable for 2 years from date of purchase towards deposit of future voyage. Selected voyages may commence outside of 2 years.

2. Certificate cancellations are fully refundable up until expiration. After expiration date, the full value of the Certificate will be forfeited (Note: Since you receive $100 OBC on your current cruise when you purchase a certificate, this is deducted if you cash it out).

3. Once the voyage is selected and if you need to cancel, the standard booking terms and conditions will apply.

4. You do get the same onboard booking savings that you receive if you book onboard (won't bother typing that up).

5. Certificate will satisfy the new booking deposit requirement and no further payments will be required up until the applicable final payment date on most sailings with the following exceptions:

- Sailings 15 nights or longer will require additional deposit at time of voyage selection.

- PH category C ad higher or Single/Triple/quad occupancy suite may require additional deposit at time of voyage selection.

6. Certificate exclusively available for purchase by onboard guests only and is non-transferable.

7. One Certificate maximum may be applied to a reservation and is a one-time use only. Certificate is on-transferabble once applied to a voyage.

8. Program applicable to new books only and is not applicable to reservations booked prior to future Cruse Deposit certificate purchase date.

Hope that this information helps. We have purchased them numerous times. The only thing that has changed (not sure when the change went into effect) is that it is not transferable to another cruise once it is applied to a voyage. In the past it was transferable once.

The popularity of the LA-MIA cruise is interesting. We originally booked that sailing for two reasons ........ our family lives in L.A. and we wanted to visit them before the cruise and there was a Seven Seas Society discount on that cruise and not on the other. Another interesting point is that the MIA-LA is being touted as the maiden voyage (which by definition it isn't but that is besides the point. In my opinion, there is more interest in doing a pre-cruise in L.A. simply because so few cruises begin there.

Thank you for the information. I assume that if it is not transferrable to another cruise it means if you want to switch you simply get the refund of the $2000 and you must book the new voyage at usual rates not special OB rates. I can see how allowing switching could be abused so I guess it makes sense.

Two questions related to topics discussed above.

We are not familiar with future cruise certificates. How do they work, what is the cost, and what are the benefits?

We are booked on the Miami-Los Angeles trip on Splendor. All the chatter on this board seems to be about the return (next) leg from LAX to MIA. Is there something to be preferred about the one vs. the other?

Thanks.

We have a group of over 80 on the LA to Miami sailing; I think that might explain why that sailing appears more fully booked at this time. I have family in LA so it didn't matter to me if LA was pre. or post cruise.

Marc

jan-n-john, don't let Marc's post put you off of that cruise as it is not a "group" like so many of us try to avoid. This is just a group that has the same TA. I've sailed with over 100 from this group (which I am also a part of) and they do not take over dining venues, etc. Like other TA groups, they do have a cocktail party one night and other than that, one would not know that there is a group onboard.

Just wanted to post because the word "group" can make some (me included) run for the hills.

Thanks.

The only difference that I see is that the LA to Miami has a stop in Catalina Island that the reverse cruise does not. Otherwise, I think it is just a matter of timing, and preference as to where to fly into and out of.

The popularity of the LA-MIA cruise is interesting. We originally booked that sailing for two reasons ........ our family lives in L.A. and we wanted to visit them before the cruise and there was a Seven Seas Society discount on that cruise and not on the other. Another interesting point is that the MIA-LA is being touted as the maiden voyage (which by definition it isn't but that is besides the point. In my opinion, there is more interest in doing a pre-cruise in L.A. simply because so few cruises begin there.

Jackie, I do not see a Seven Seas Society discount for this cruise, am I missing it?

Bob

jan-n-john, don't let Marc's post put you off of that cruise as it is not a "group" like so many of us try to avoid. This is just a group that has the same TA. I've sailed with over 100 from this group (which I am also a part of) and they do not take over dining venues, etc. Like other TA groups, they do have a cocktail party one night and other than that, one would not know that there is a group onboard.

Just wanted to post because the word "group" can make some (me included) run for the hills.

Not to worry. We've been on this merry-go-round a few times and have a pretty good feel for how it goes. Only once before on Regent tho, a few years back, but we're doing a Baltic on Explorer this summer. Thanks again for all the advice.

The only difference that I see is that the LA to Miami has a stop in Catalina Island that the reverse cruise does not. Otherwise, I think it is just a matter of timing, and preference as to where to fly into and out of.

Jackie, I do not see a Seven Seas Society discount for this cruise, am I missing it?

Bob

You're right - it was on the Explorer cruise that became a Splendor cruise (so confusing!). Anyway, those of us that were booked on either Explorer Panama Canal sailing in 2020 were transferred to the Splendor cruise at no additional cost. In our case, we had received a Seven Seas Society discount. It was just a stroke of luck!

So, did you book?

So, did you book?

Yes!

I booked it today, glad that I did. I am pretty sure that if I waited until my cruise in June I would have been shut out. I was able to get the exact suite that I wanted.

Yes!

I booked it today, glad that I did. I am pretty sure that if I waited until my cruise in June I would have been shut out. I was able to get the exact suite that I wanted.

They is GREAT news! Be sure to join our Roll Call!

Perhaps a bit off-Thread, but we will also be on that March14th Splendor segment. We booked this (originally on Explorer) last September, well-before the "freeze" while Regent was figuring out how to segue from one ship to the other.

We also have that same TA as Travel Cat and others on this Thread. It appears the number of clients our TA has secured for this trip has gone up.

As to detecting who is in, or out of a "group": Sometimes a TA will provide a trinket in the form of a special lapel pin for a particular cruise. This obtained on a March-April 2017 Explorer BTB from Miami, via Barcelona, to Venice. This was in conjunction with Regent's 25th anniversary celebration.

Numerous folks asked me about that pin which I wore from time to time.

Perhaps, the 2020 cruise on a new ship will offer another opportunity for another lapel pin.

I plan to wear that 2017 pin on occasion during our upcoming June 3rd Navigator cruise from LA to NYC. Will only do this because we will be on another Regent ship.

GOARMY!

Perhaps a bit off-Thread, but we will also be on that March14th Splendor segment. We booked this (originally on Explorer) last September, well-before the "freeze" while Regent was figuring out how to segue from one ship to the other.

We also have that same TA as Travel Cat and others on this Thread. It appears the number of clients our TA has secured for this trip has gone up.

As to detecting who is in, or out of a "group": Sometimes a TA will provide a trinket in the form of a special lapel pin for a particular cruise. This obtained on a March-April 2017 Explorer BTB from Miami, via Barcelona, to Venice. This was in conjunction with Regent's 25th anniversary celebration. BTW, the latest number that I heard is that 88 of "us" will be on the 2020 cruise. Should be fun!

Numerous folks asked me about that pin which I wore from time to time.

Perhaps, the 2020 cruise on a new ship will offer another opportunity for another lapel pin.

I plan to wear that 2017 pin on occasion during our upcoming June 3rd Navigator cruise from LA to NYC. Will only do this because we will be on another Regent ship.

GOARMY!

I have a pin from our last cruise from our TA and there will definitely be one on the March 14, 2020 cruise. We also have Regent 20th and 25th Anniversary cruises, an Explorer christening cruise pin and the "harp" pin from years ago. My DH doesn't wear them but I wear one at the Gold and above party (that needs to be a Platinum and above party as there are simply too many of us).

Yes!

Hi Bob

So glad you got the suite you wanted. You made the right decision. Look forward to meeting you onboard!

Sheila