4.29.2018 NCL Pearl to Alaska live writeup- and I don’t even sail for 75 days!

Weetahbugdotcom

Search Amazon for No Hangover Patch, it works great. 1 patch lasts 3 days and is waterproof. We are not big drinkers unless on a cruise, love the UDP!!. Never had any issues.

We are now past the great shoppcalypse of this spring, I think. I tend to get shoppy in April and before vacations and since this time they were combined, well, these are the new things I bought to take on the cruise ranging from useful to ridic:

Binoculars

A sleeping mask that is also headphones

A travel essential oil sprayer

A gimbal

More ebooks than I have read in 5 years

A new coat that isn’t my fancy pretty coat but isn’t covered in questionable funk from abandoned houses

6 extra camera batteries

A 300mm lens

A bigger better battery backup

Lots of travel sized toiletries

4 new pairs of shoes

2 new skirts

A new dress

6 new pairs of underwear

7 new pairs of socks

An electronic candle

A new thing to carry my toiletries in

Tweezers

A fold up rain coat

Some things that fizz in the shower and make you feel better when hungover

Some other hangover crap

A straw shaped like my name

I am always a last minute packer but I couldn’t help but start today.... filled the packing cubes with underwear, dresses, belts, hats, gloves, and pajamas. I can start packing toiletries tomorrow when my toiletry holder arrives.

I leave in 2 weeks and 6 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this! Your exhuberance is contagious. I generally sail on the Gem but will be on the Escape in June in the Haven. Since there are a good amount of days at Sea, I figured that there would be time to enjoy the large ship. We are planning for Alaska for next year. I think that the Pearl would be better for me since I plan to spend a lot of time on land. You Birthday Girl will help me decide. I hope that you don’t mind if I check out your roll call so that I get some ideas for our Meet & Greet. Thanks for taking us along!

Bonni

Thank you so much for this! Your exhuberance is contagious. I generally sail on the Gem but will be on the Escape in June in the Haven. Since there are a good amount of days at Sea, I figured that there would be time to enjoy the large ship. We are planning for Alaska for next year. I think that the Pearl would be better for me since I plan to spend a lot of time on land. You Birthday Girl will help me decide. I hope that you don’t mind if I check out your roll call so that I get some ideas for our Meet & Greet. Thanks for taking us along!

Bonni

Hooray!!!!

I have been following your thread and am very excited for your trip report.

We are sailing on the Pearl on June 17 and taking the whole family. We have booked some dinners already, but I would love to see the main dining room menus for each night to try to avoid reservations on the nights some of our favorites would be availabe in the main dining rooms.

I know there are menus available from last year, but I always like to look at the current season to see if there have been any changes. So, without taking too much time away from your fabulous vacation, I hope you will post nightly menus and dailies when you return. We are less than 2 months from sailing and we can't wait!! Enjoy!:D

We are sailing on the Pearl on June 17 and taking the whole family. We have booked some dinners already, but I would love to see the main dining room menus for each night to try to avoid reservations on the nights some of our favorites would be availabe in the main dining rooms.

I know there are menus available from last year, but I always like to look at the current season to see if there have been any changes. So, without taking too much time away from your fabulous vacation, I hope you will post nightly menus and dailies when you return. We are less than 2 months from sailing and we can't wait!! Enjoy!:D

I can totally take care of that for you!

I think I am totally done shopping for the trip, although I’ve said that for about 3 weeks now.

Last night I bought my gift exchange gift, and printed out my edocs, amenity invoice, and some stuff for the meet and greet. I have a few more things to print.

I thought that a miracle happened and I was somehow able to fit everything in my big rollybag and a backpack, but the rollybag is almost full and I can’t imagine everything else fitting in my backpack, but we will see.

I think I am totally done shopping for the trip, although I’ve said that for about 3 weeks now.

Last night I bought my gift exchange gift, and printed out my edocs, amenity invoice, and some stuff for the meet and greet. I have a few more things to print.

I thought that a miracle happened and I was somehow able to fit everything in my big rollybag and a backpack, but the rollybag is almost full and I can’t imagine everything else fitting in my backpack, but we will see.

Hi, I sent you a friend request. I am on the May 20 cruise and I am organizing the Meet & Greet. Wanted to ask some questions about it.

TIA - Ronda

Have you joined the June 17 Roll Call? We would love to have you Looking forward to cruising with you soon

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2543411

It looks like I may get away with one rolly bag, a backpack, and a camera bag. Not a small feat when you are me, even less so with all this camera gear and my lucky mermaid blanket.

I expect to see my flight check in available when I wake up tomorrow.

Hooray!

I hope you have a great trip. Just reading your thread for the first time today, haven't read the whole thing. I saw one post that outlined some of the ports you'll be hitting and it looks similar to my upcoming trip! Heading out on my first cruise on June 9 to Alaska out of Seattle on Norwegian Bliss. Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria, BC. I gather that your trip is hitting at least some of these same places. Assuming reading the rest of the thread will help me figure out which excursions might be worth a look, I have a nuts-and-bolts question that I haven't seen answered in other threads:

Do these Alaska port towns have standard AT&T/T-Mobile/Whatever cellphone access? I don't want to pay for internet! Can I do some basic email-checking while at port for a reasonable rate?

Have a great trip!

I hope you have a great trip. Just reading your thread for the first time today, haven't read the whole thing. I saw one post that outlined some of the ports you'll be hitting and it looks similar to my upcoming trip! Heading out on my first cruise on June 9 to Alaska out of Seattle on Norwegian Bliss. Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria, BC. I gather that your trip is hitting at least some of these same places. Assuming reading the rest of the thread will help me figure out which excursions might be worth a look, I have a nuts-and-bolts question that I haven't seen answered in other threads:

Do these Alaska port towns have standard AT&T/T-Mobile/Whatever cellphone access? I don't want to pay for internet! Can I do some basic email-checking while at port for a reasonable rate?

Have a great trip!

Thank you! Yes, I have the same ports.

I would imagine that the American ports do, but I can certainly let you know-at least from the perspective of an AT&T customer.

Well, it must be here since I got my sailing lashes:

1a1c9aa721324254e9834a8077877a0f.jpg

Somehow by minor miracle, I managed to get all of my stuff in here:

a96dcee9eae6bde8d6cce33a23a00760.jpg

After this trip I have to retire that rolly bag. It’s got straps for a reason.

And now I sleep. Gotta get up in less than 4 hours to go to the airport. Catch you in Seattle.

Well, it must be here since I got my sailing lashes:

Somehow by minor miracle, I managed to get all of my stuff in here:

After this trip I have to retire that rolly bag. It’s got straps for a reason.

And now I sleep. Gotta get up in less than 4 hours to go to the airport. Catch you in Seattle.

Love the lashes, how did you do it?

The packing is amazing, no way we will be able to do that!!! Can't wait for your posts, we are on May 20th :ship: :tropical-drink:

Love the lashes, how did you do it?

The packing is amazing, no way we will be able to do that!!! Can't wait for your posts, we are on May 20th :ship: :tropical-drink:

They’re extensions. I get them every time I go on a cruise, (and other times of year too.) they last about 2 weeks.

Day 1 pre cruise:

d70fc52f6b1319497966db50126313c5.jpg

Hard to wake up and get out of bed at 4 am. Kitten cuddled between my knees, and one that isn’t usually cuddly. I did, eventually.

My partner hates long flights. I don’t love them but I appreciate that they are available to me. It was only about 2 hours into my flight that I realized that his complaining helps the flight time pass.

2d9196adf4e092f64b4ff3443ccc5233.jpg

Upon landing, skies were grey but not raining. Then i took my phone out of airplane mode and all hell broke loose. 17 texts 5 Facebook messages all about the same thing:

c8e3fbd006dfd0699db723a1a60b7824.jpg

In the wee hours of the morning, someone set my favorite standing building on fire. A building I have photographed inside and out, a building that the national preservation group I am on on the board of have been working to save. I dropped a couple tears on that plane. I still can’t believe it. Here’s to you, Hudson, and how I remember you:

d04be13d798456c312aae66fab936904.jpg

Anyway, I took a Lyft from the airport to my air bnb. SEATAC has a spot for uber and Lyft on the 3rd floor of the parking garage.

After resolving some issues with the lockbox for my apartment, I got in, and it was very nice, with a nice view from the balcony.

b854967e30f08144a2a700e1541d4c6a.jpg

21ddace3aedc2262219fe613281a0f01.jpg

8be93193ca0d408e6b5f79d6f72f6802.jpg

21acb9933f8fef1c242173fa73976994.jpg

I spread out on the bed for about 10 minutes until my stomach told me to get moving...

How sad to see that fire [emoji22]

Seriously. I keep catching myself thinking about it and it’s like remembering an old friend that died, and I get all emotional. If I weren’t on vacation I probably would have called out sick yesterday over it. It’s a major loss.