Bringing onboard

sfnew2sail

Apple Cidar Vinegar- I've heard many discussions that say, yes, you'll be able to bring onboard. I'd just check it with my toiletries. not in my carry-on... others may have more experience than me and can weigh in here.

As for honey & lemon, I don't know. I believe they have the small packets of both on the Lido deck, so maybe you could just get some of that to go with your vinegar. Hopefully someone here can confirm that I wasn't hallucinating when I saw packets of both honey & lemon near the coffee/tea dispensers on Lido?

Unless you can find them in boxes instead of bottles, no you are not allowed to bring them on. All drinks are supposed to be hand carried so please don't listen to the smugglers unless you want to get called to the naughty room and watch them throw the stuff in the trash can.

I drink a daily concoction of apple cider vinegar, honey, and lemon juice. I assume I will not be allowed to bring my ingredients on board, but thought I’d just check with you all. Whatcha think?

Apple Cidar Vinegar- I've heard many discussions that say, yes, you'll be able to bring onboard. I'd just check it with my toiletries. not in my carry-on... others may have more experience than me and can weigh in here.

As for honey & lemon, I don't know. I believe they have the small packets of both on the Lido deck, so maybe you could just get some of that to go with your vinegar. Hopefully someone here can confirm that I wasn't hallucinating when I saw packets of both honey & lemon near the coffee/tea dispensers on Lido?

Fresh lemons and bottled honey are readily available on board. I've seen lemon wedges at every bar and on Lido, where the sweeteners and creamers are set up for coffee/tea. On some ships, honey has been there also while on others we've had to ask a crew member.

The bottled vinegar might be your issue as bottles are not allowed. Is it available in other containers, like cans, boxes, or pouches?

I hear ya, I've been doing Apple Cider Vinegar daily as well. I thought I'd taken some notes on this topic while getting ready for my cruise. I can't find them now. I know someone indicated that you could use ACV pills. You can find them on Amazon.

I drink a daily concoction of apple cider vinegar, honey, and lemon juice. I assume I will not be allowed to bring my ingredients on board, but thought I’d just check with you all. Whatcha think?

Just curious...what is the health benefit of drinking this daily?

My friend takes a tablespoon each morning. She brought a very small plastic container of it onboard. Not smuggling, but similar to bringing liquid vitamins, travel sized mouthwash or contact lens solutions, etc. we carried it on but even if packed, one sniff of it will let them know what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Honey might be ok. I'd bubble wrap it and have it in a ziploc bag in case of breakage. I've read of many bring food on and to me honey is more of a food than a liquid. Similarly lemons might be ok, but you might not be able to take them off the ship when you get back. I'd try one of the plastic "lemons" from the produce section. Not too expensive if it gets confiscated and more convenient if it is allowed.

The vinegar is probably the trickier one, but if you feel you need it for your health I would try (but be prepared for it to be confiscated). We have never had mouthwash, shampoo, body wash, or contact solution confiscated and they are all liquids in bottles.

Unless you can find them in boxes instead of bottles, no you are not allowed to bring them on. All drinks are supposed to be hand carried so please don't listen to the smugglers unless you want to get called to the naughty room and watch them throw the stuff in the trash can.

Apple cider vinegar (especially organic with the "Mother") is used medicinally or as a seasoning, not as a drink. Bottled drinks are prohibited by Carnival, but I am unaware of bottled medicines or toiletries being forbidden. I think even the Mio type containers are allowed (concentrated water flavoring).

Honey might be ok. I'd bubble wrap it and have it in a ziploc bag in case of breakage. I've read of many bring food on and to me honey is more of a food than a liquid. Similarly lemons might be ok, but you might not be able to take them off the ship when you get back. I'd try one of the plastic "lemons" from the produce section. Not too expensive if it gets confiscated and more convenient if it is allowed.

The vinegar is probably the trickier one, but if you feel you need it for your health I would try (but be prepared for it to be confiscated). We have never had mouthwash, shampoo, body wash, or contact solution confiscated and they are all liquids in bottles.

Apple cider vinegar (especially organic with the "Mother") is used medicinally or as a seasoning, not as a drink. Bottled drinks are prohibited by Carnival, but I am unaware of bottled medicines or toiletries being forbidden. I think even the Mio type containers are allowed (concentrated water flavoring).

You might, and I use might strongly, get away with taking vinegar on board if it is unopened.

Just curious...what is the health benefit of drinking this daily?

You can google what the experts say. I think several benefits are pointed out. I started drinking it during our raging flu season. After two major sinus infections this winter, as soon as I felt another coming on, I started it and it seems to have taken the swelling down in my glands. I like the flavor (I add a little spiced tea mix to it) so why not if it helps. I’ve not been sick again so far.

• 3 months later...
Anyone have any luck in port of New Orleans? My research shows a lot of people having their alcohol confiscated.
Since you live in Boston, save your airfare, take the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda and get their drinks package as a perk. You'll be able to drink all you want for 7 days for only 125.00 pp in gratuities.

Honey is available at the breakfast buffet next to the pancake syrup. Later in the day, you will need to ask a waiter to get you some. Lemons slices are available at the drink stations or ask a waiter for some slices.

Put the vinegar in a plastic bottle and keep it with your toiletries. There shouldn't be a problem bringing it on.