Premium excursion question

slidebite

Jackie

Then I don’t know why he continues to write on the Regent postings. I, too, have sailed for 35 years on other cruise lines. When I change my preference to Regent several years ago, I no longer participated in the other discussions. Each of us have our personal opinions and the right to express them. He made his point, now he should get on with his life.

Sheila

Sheila,

Agree with you. Unfortunately there are a few posters on the Regent board that have not sailed Regent in years but continue to post and the posts are generally negative. Really not much we can do about it other than to try to question the poster which you did.

Jackie

The OBC on your account is usually “non-refundable”.

The refund on your original excursion payment that is now credited to your account is “refundable” and therefore may be drawn in cash.

Hi Flossie

Just checking as a fellow Brit, in case the protocol is different from US bookings.:confused:

We've got a substantial amount of OBC for our next cruise and was going to wait until we got on board to book some "premium" tours but I am concerned that they could be sold out and we wouldn't be able to get on them.

But, if I understand this thread correctly, I can book them now, pay on my credit card, then when we're onboard cancel, get a (cash) refund and rebook with OBC?

Thanks

Hi Flossie

Just checking as a fellow Brit, in case the protocol is different from US bookings.:confused:

We've got a substantial amount of OBC for our next cruise and was going to wait until we got on board to book some "premium" tours but I am concerned that they could be sold out and we wouldn't be able to get on them.

But, if I understand this thread correctly, I can book them now, pay on my credit card, then when we're onboard cancel, get a (cash) refund and rebook with OBC?

Thanks

Hi lprp,

Yes, same protocol for us Brits as with US.

However, when you pay for your excursion in advance by CC, it will be in GBP (£). When you seek a refund & rebook on board the transactions will be in $US, priced at the prevailing cost of the excursion for US customers.

Depending on when the UK price for the excursion was set you may find you make a slight loss (or gain) due to exchange rate fluctuations.

Hope this makes sense.

PS: If you are on Explorer, you can use the same procedure for Culinary Arts Kitchen bookings (which are also dealt with by Destination Services) i.e. book the class you want in advance by CC, then swap for OBC when on board. This is how we used our OBC when on Explorer recently.

Hi lprp,

Yes, same protocol for us Brits as with US.

However, when you pay for your excursion in advance by CC, it will be in GBP (£). When you seek a refund & rebook on board the transactions will be in $US, priced at the prevailing cost of the excursion for US customers.

Depending on when the UK price for the excursion was set you may find you make a slight loss (or gain) due to exchange rate fluctuations.

Hope this makes sense.

PS: If you are on Explorer, you can use the same procedure for Culinary Arts Kitchen bookings (which are also dealt with by Destination Services) i.e. book the class you want in advance by CC, then swap for OBC when on board. This is how we used our OBC when on Explorer recently.

Thanks Flossie,, really appreciate your help - we will be on Explorer, so the extra info on the Culinary Arts Kitchen is useful too.

Lorna