"LIVE" from Harmony of the Seas - April 28, 2018

Radio

You are on Oasis next weekend? I leave on Freedom this Saturday. Our sailing dates are getting closer together.

Yes I am, and yes they are........lol .....one of these days!......:cool:

Have a fantastic cruise!

Hello everyone . . . Good morning. For those of you who know me, I really hate to fly. I would much rather drive or take the AutoTrain down to Florida. I know, I know . . . Flying is very safe, and it is much faster than driving or taking the train.

I have flown many times, but I don’t like it at all. I’m not sure why, but it really makes me miserable. I was a student pilot 20 years ago so I used to love being in the air, but flying a Cessna 172 vs. being a passenger in a commercial aircraft are a little different.

I will be heading down to BWI in a few hours to take my noon flight to Miami. I was able to get a good price for First Class, so at least I will be able to get off of the plane with ease once we arrive at MIA. The forecast here in Baltimore is sunny skies and 52F. It should be much warmer in Miami around 3PM at 82F. I am hoping I will be able to watch a little news during the flight.

I will catch up with everyone in a few hours from sunny Florida. I hope there is a Starbucks in MIA, as I’m sure I could use a cup after my flight.

Thanks for the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

;);)

American Airlines 738-800

AA2.jpg

My flight route . . .

AA4.jpg

I was able to get my boarding Pass

BP.jpg

BWI is only about 30 minutes from my house

AA6A.jpg

Edited by Radio

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Fort Lauderdale. I hate to fly but my flight was very smooth, and I am happy to be back on the ground. I picked up a rental car at Miami International Airport and will return it tomorrow. The drive to Fort Lauderdale only took about an hour, due to some unusual traffic in Southern Florida (on I-95).

I checked into the beautiful Renaissance Hotel near the causeway. I will be meeting with some Cruise Critic members tomorrow when we will have some lunch (and maybe some Starbucks).

My plans for tomorrow will include rest and relaxation . . . I may be hanging out by the pool and I may watch the news for a bit. The forecast for tomorrow will be sunny and 85F. I can live with that for a few days. The coffee here at the Renaissance Hotel is delightful. The bellman suggested that coffee should be served early in the lobby tomorrow morning, but there is a full-service Starbucks next door in the shopping plaza so I should be set until boarding time on Saturday morning.

I will wake up tomorrow morning to see Pacific Princess pull into Port Everglades. I am able to see the port from my hotel.

The Radio Pressroom has been set up and here are a few pics from my arrival. . .

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

The American Airlines counter at BWI wasn’t that busy this morning

H51.jpg

It looks like a full flight today.

H53.jpg

OK, my plane has arrived.

H52.jpg

I was a student pilot, but I wouldn’t want to fly one of these aircraft.

H56.jpg

I can live with being in the front row. . .

H54.jpg

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

Well I didn’t eat the salad, but the chicken was good

H57.jpg

We fly over Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale

H58.jpg

I think it’s time to land this big 737-800

H59.jpg

Welcome to Fort Lauderdale

H60.jpg

I may have to move my pressroom here tomorrow. . .

H61.jpg

Nice, same hotel we stayed at before our harmony trip.

Took a nice 2 mile walk over the bridge to st barts on the water for breakfast. Killer bloody marys even tho a little pricey.

We found the water taxis fun ,and very reasonable on drink prices

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk