Explorer Culinary Classes

Dallasgal

I noticed that the Culinary Classes were not uploaded to book, for our Explorer Oct 7 sailing like they had been the last couple of sailings. I called Regent reservations and a nice young man said he would check into it and get back to me(I'm booked through an agent).

I got a call back within a few hours and he told me that the Explorer classes will not be uploaded online until 4-5 months prior to sailing. To me this is an issue since we get to book our other excursions Feb 9th. Maybe Chef Kelly is changing the classes and that is why its delayed.

Dallasgal,

This happened to us for our November 12, 2017 Explorer cruise. When I called, the Regent rep said the chef hadn't decided on the classes. They finally came available to book about 2 months out. Others who post here will tell you they were able to book 4-5 months out. That didn't happen with us. I would recommend to continue to call monthly until you get your classes scheduled. The classes are a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks for your post. This is our 3rd sailing on the Explorer. We enjoyed the Gone Fishin & French classes. We we're lucky to have worked with both Chef Kelly and Chef Brenda. The onshore market tours and cooking demo's with the Chefs were also a treat.

Cheryl

We're booked on the Feb. 1, 2019 BA to Santiago cruise. After attending and enjoying 2 classes on a previous cruise, I searched the website for a clue as to when I might book classes on the future voyage. Didn't find anything, so called Regent. The rep said the culinary bookings would open on the same date as shore excursions. In our case this would be 240 days prior to sailing.

I noticed that the Culinary Classes were not uploaded to book, for our Explorer Oct 7 sailing like they had been the last couple of sailings. I called Regent reservations and a nice young man said he would check into it and get back to me(I'm booked through an agent).

I got a call back within a few hours and he told me that the Explorer classes will not be uploaded online until 4-5 months prior to sailing. To me this is an issue since we get to book our other excursions Feb 9th. Maybe Chef Kelly is changing the classes and that is why its delayed.

Hi Dallasgal,

Noticed you are sailing on the Explorer on October 7. It must be the Rome to Venice itinerary.

My DH and I are also on that cruise. This will be our first time sailing on Regent. I need to book our

excursions on Feb. 9 and I am a bit worried because it sounds like a difficult thing to do and that you need to start this process at midnight, is this correct?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Dallasgal,

Noticed you are sailing on the Explorer on October 7. It must be the Rome to Venice itinerary.

My DH and I are also on that cruise. This will be our first time sailing on Regent. I need to book our

excursions on Feb. 9 and I am a bit worried because it sounds like a difficult thing to do and that you need to start this process at midnight, is this correct?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

We are on Oct 7. My advise is to look at the excursions prior to Feb 9th and write down the one's you want to book, I usually have 1 or 2 choices. The ship is pretty open still so I know we will be fine getting our choices unless there are alot of people staying on for the previous cruise. We live in Texas so I usually stay up and book them when it opens at 11pm central time, but I'm sure the morning will be fine. My suggestion is to look at the times each tour is and the length of time the tour is. We aren't fond of a long bus ride so we avoid those trip.

Cheryl

• 3 weeks later...
We're booked on the Feb. 1, 2019 BA to Santiago cruise. After attending and enjoying 2 classes on a previous cruise, I searched the website for a clue as to when I might book classes on the future voyage. Didn't find anything, so called Regent. The rep said the culinary bookings would open on the same date as shore excursions. In our case this would be 240 days prior to sailing.

Update: we booked our Oct 7 excursions last night, but the culinary classes were not loaded. I called Regent this morning and the rep said the classes haven't been decided yet and to keep checking weekly! I wish I had Chef Kelly's email.

Dallasgal,

Thank you for your interest in our culinary classes aboard Seven Seas Explorer.

Culinary Arts Kitchen classes have been developed for voyages through mid-September 2017 only at this time or basically through the end of the 2018 Baltic season right now.

Chef Kelly is currently working on developing the curriculum for the Fall Mediterranean season as well as for the Winter 2019/20 season. I suspect there will be some new options to enjoy, so please stay tuned. Look for more details to be released later in May.

Dallasgal,

Thank you for your interest in our culinary classes aboard Seven Seas Explorer.

Culinary Arts Kitchen classes have been developed for voyages through mid-September 2017 only at this time or basically through the end of the 2018 Baltic season right now.

Chef Kelly is currently working on developing the curriculum for the Fall Mediterranean season as well as for the Winter 2019/20 season. I suspect there will be some new options to enjoy, so please stay tuned. Look for more details to be released later in May.

Thank you Jason!

• 2 months later...