What are the best things on Jewel of the Seas?

Park Cafe....how did I miss it? Bob, I was on the TA with you and am going again in May. Don't want to miss it this time. Where is it?

Thanks

Marie

My mistake Marie, it's just a snack area in the Solarium, not a full fledged Park Cafe. Keep forgetting that they shortchanged Jewel.

Park Cafe....how did I miss it? Bob, I was on the TA with you and am going again in May. Don't want to miss it this time. Where is it?

Thanks

Marie

I'm also interested in knowing where the Park Café is located. We were on the Jewel April 2017 and don't remember seeing it.

I'm also interested in knowing where the Park Café is located. We were on the Jewel April 2017 and don't remember seeing it.

It was supposed to be installed the Solarium as part of the last dry dock, but Royal decided not to do it.

Thanks Bob. I will check it out in May.

It's the only place that's open for late night snacks. The Windjammer closes around 9pm (they still have a coffee/tea station available in the 'outside' seating area, and the coffee shop on Deck 5 or 6 closes around 10.30/11, sometimes earlier. We eventually found the Solarium was open until around 1am, serving pizza, sandwiches, hot dogs and cookies, when we were on Jewel TA in November.

Just off the JOS on Sunday. What would make you disappointed? I wasn't disappointed at all by the ship itself, just the entertainment (or rather lack of entertainment, good especially).

Getting ready to sail on Jewel in early April. What is the entertainment? I keep hearing that it isn’t very good but have yet to what type of shows

Getting ready to sail on Jewel in early April. What is the entertainment? I keep hearing that it isn’t very good but have yet to what type of shows

Typical cruise ship production shows, headliners like comedians, singers, magicians, jugglers, etc.

How is the Jewel of the Seas? I know she is an older ship

She's only 14 years old...Freedom of the Seas is 12 years old for perspective... Voyager is 19 years old this year!

has it been updated?

Yes

We like the larger ships but are interested in Italy and Greece.

Larger ships are usually the focus of the vacation when the ports are unimportant. The larger ships are mostly inward focus.... very few views looking out at the scenery.

In Europe, the focus of the vacation are the ports, noi the ship. The smaller the ship the better. The views from everywhere around the ship is exponentially better than any of the larger ships would be.

We are Diamond and usually sail in a suite. Will we be disappointed with the JOS?

No... maybe you'll wonder why you never sailed this small old ship before :D

Thank You!!

She's only 14 years old...Freedom of the Seas is 12 years old for perspective... Voyager is 19 years old this year!

Yes

Larger ships are usually the focus of the vacation when the ports are unimportant. The larger ships are mostly inward focus.... very few views looking out at the scenery.

In Europe, the focus of the vacation are the ports, noi the ship. The smaller the ship the better. The views from everywhere around the ship is exponentially better than any of the larger ships would be.

No... maybe you'll wonder why you never sailed this small old ship before :D

• 3 weeks later...

ONLY 1 - THAT'S ONE - PRODUCTION SHOW. Day 1 - Comedian - twice, Day 2 - Juggler, Day 3 - Celine Deon Singer, Day 4 - NOTHING - NOTHING ANYWHERE!, Day 5 Magician, Day 6 - Production Show - Day 7 - Different Coedian - twice. No entertainment in the Safari Room, A piano player in the bar and a band in the Centrum now and then. Worst cruise I've been on entertainment wise.

ONLY 1 - THAT'S ONE - PRODUCTION SHOW. Day 1 - Comedian - twice, Day 2 - Juggler, Day 3 - Celine Deon Singer, Day 4 - NOTHING - NOTHING ANYWHERE!, Day 5 Magician, Day 6 - Production Show - Day 7 - Different Coedian - twice. No entertainment in the Safari Room, A piano player in the bar and a band in the Centrum now and then. Worst cruise I've been on entertainment wise.

What exactly do you expect for a smaller ship? We were on B2B recently. Entertainment onboard isn't a big deal to us but overall seemed fine:

Live entertainment (bands) in Centrum a LOT

Pool band fairly often

Some great comedians

Good headliner each week

Not our thing, but friends loved the piano singer in Schooner Bar

Singers/Dancers for main show room - not great, as expected.

No big broadway style show and no promenade which can be a plus or a minus depending on preference.

I had forgotten abut the Solarium munchies.

Usually something going on with trivia or games without having a 'headline' show.

The 'smaller' ships have a great following but some people are turned off by the lack of 'new' amenities.

When my husband & I cruised Radiance Class ships, it was more to see new places and less emphasis on the shows. I can't speak for the other ships, but we have seen some wonderful entertainment on the Radiance & Serenade. The Radiance Class doesn't have all the bells & whistles like the larger ships have granted but for viewing Alaska and places it offers a lot of wonderful viewing areas. Now the daughter & I will be taking our first Oasis Class in 2020, so there it is more to see the ship and what she offers then the Caribbean Ports.

• 2 weeks later...

Things said in prior posts absolutely true. Live entertainment not that great for the most part, so if that is crucial to you, sail on something else. Ship will be awesome to you if a port intensive cruise is your focus. It's a matter of perspective. We loved the quiet pace (or lack of a pace) back behind the Schooner Lounge on our cruise. Found it a great place to unwind before dinner. Had read many negative comments on JOS prior to our cruise, but we were totally satisfied. We really didn't experience any screaming yellow zonkers. The only time I was bummed aboard JOS was when we sailed away from Grenada after spending a fabulous day with our daughter & husband, who live there. Again, having the right perspective & positive mental attitude makes all the difference in my opinion as to what your experience will be, no matter the ship.

Just booked Jewel for the 4th time. Love the layout, outside seating at the WJ, the aft lounge on 6 with the sofas, the glass, the outside seating at the CL......one of the best designed ships imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree....as well as her three identical sisters! :)