ANOTHER itinerary change for April 8th 21 Day Panama Canal Cruise on the Pearl

kdzkatz

Several people on our NCL Pearl April 8th 21 day cruise have received emails that our itinerary has been changed again.

The first change was going to Costa Maya instead of Roatan.

Now we get to miss Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala in exchange for a sea day :(

They have also changed our port days in Acapulco and Cabo to be one day earlier than originally scheduled. It's only 3 weeks before embarkation so I hope those with private excursions aren't left without something to do if those excursions are booked up for our new day in port.

It almost amazes me they don't change the itinerary on their website at the same time they send out the email or even before they send out emails. It is still showing what is now the old itinerary. Is it me or does it comes across they don't really care about accurately informing their customers and potential customers?

We will not let these changes diminish our cruise experience at all. :D:D

Personally, if a port were to be changed or cancelled, I thought Acapulco would have been the port as the US State Department has issued a level 4 warning, the highest level, “Do Not travel” for the state of Guerrero which includes Acapulco.

Do changes like this happen very often this close to embarkation? I know while at sea sometimes ports are missed due to weather or other unforeseen reasons.

I am on this 21 day cruise as well.

It is always disappointing to miss a port day .

But on the bright side :

1) We do get 2 hours longer in Cabo at a much better time of 9 am to 6pm (rather than 7am to 2pm)

2) Will get at a minimum , 7 hours longer in LA . And most likely even longer, as I think we will get there before the now posted time of Midnight .

Several people on our NCL Pearl April 8th 21 day cruise have received emails that our itinerary has been changed again.

They have also changed our port days in Acapulco and Cabo to be one day earlier than originally scheduled. It's only 3 weeks before embarkation so I hope those with private excursions aren't left without something to do if those excursions are booked up for our new day in port.

It almost amazes me they don't change the itinerary on their website at the same time they send out the email or even before they send out emails. It is still showing what is now the old itinerary. Is it me or does it comes across they don't really care about accurately informing their customers and potential customers?

Personally, if a port were to be changed or cancelled, I thought Acapulco would have been the port as the US State Department has issued a level 4 warning, the highest level, “Do Not travel” for the state of Guerrero which includes Acapulco.

Do changes like this happen very often this close to embarkation? I know while at sea sometimes ports are missed due to weather or other unforeseen reasons.

Interesting, we haven't received any advice via email. Disappointing also, in their lack of regard for their customers in not advising us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting, we haven't received any advice via email. Disappointing also, in their lack of regard for their customers in not advising us.

I take that back, the email just arrived.

Acapulco is a great port-of-call.

We have stopped there numerous times, even during the current not-so-pleasant situation.

It is an easy uphill walk to go see the cliff divers, it makes for a beautiful coastal walk

down the other side of the viewing area, back to the ship.

And you can walk on the beach all the way to the far end of Acapulco Bay, I should actually

say just short of the far end, because that part there is a military installation.

Beautiful setting! Pity that fabulous city has gone to the dogs.

In my younger days, the celebrity "jet-setters" used to go there!

Thanks,

Fred

Changes do happen. Have a great cruise!

We are going to have an amazing time! We are so excited! We booked this in January 2017 so it almost doesn't feel real that we are only 3 weeks away! So much to do before we leave! :eek:

Cruise lines do not cancel ports just to tick passengers off. They have good reasons that maybe they can share or maybe not. Just enjoy your cruise and don't worry about missing a couple of ports. Just to add, we have been to 3 different ports in Guatemala and you are not really missing anything by not visiting there. At least that is my opinion. Others might feel differently.

Since I booked through a 3rd party I have not received notification yet but others in our roll call have posted the reason for the canceling of Guatemala they received in their email from NCL. Here is the explanation being given:

"In order to accommodate bunkering operation and maintenance on the Marine Evacuation system we've had to adjust Norwegian Pearls' planned itinerary."

"In order to accommodate bunkering operation and maintenance on the Marine Evacuation system we've had to adjust Norwegian Pearls' planned itinerary."

Good grief. I know that's in English, but I still need a translation. :D

Good grief. I know that's in English, but I still need a translation. :D

:D:)lol....lol...lol.....Just wait for Chengp75 or whatever his screen-name is and he'll translate.......lol lol lol :D:)

I checked the NCL website and they are still showing, what is now, the old itinerary. I called customer service to point this out. I really feel like it is becoming false advertising at this point since they know what the current itinerary is and have not changed it.

If I wan't on CC I still would not know about this itinerary change as my TA has not notified me. I feel bad for those that have private excursions booked in Puerto Quetzal, Acapulco and Cabo (Acapulco and Cabo are now a day earlier) that booked through a 3rd party and are not notified. I know that is a shame on their TA but I also feel a big shame on NCL.

This is not a difficult thing to change on their website. The email went out on Thursday (4 days ago) and who knows how long NCL has known about this conflict of scheduling.

I would think that since it is a maintenance issue it would have been known far in advance just like our itinerary. For them to wait until just over 3 weeks away to notify current passengers doesn't seem right.

Had their confusing explanation deemed it an unforeseen maintenance job that cannot be delayed then maybe I could understand. In how it was worded it seems like it was something probably on their calendar for quite some time.

Thoughts?

P.S. The whole itinerary change will not affect my DW or me. We are still going to have more fun than we should be allowed to have on this cruise! :D:cool::D:cool:

Sorry about those changes - we really liked Guatemala.

In Costa Maya we really liked https://www.thenativechoice.com/tours/mayan-experience-tour , which lets you visit Mayan ruins (you can climb some) and then cook with Mayan grandmothers.

How do I get a hold of NCL? Permanent hold when I call. I am upset about this cancellation, and it looks like they may cancel Cabo and Acapulco as well? Anyone know about this?

How do I get a hold of NCL? Permanent hold when I call. I am upset about this cancellation, and it looks like they may cancel Cabo and Acapulco as well? Anyone know about this? This is our first and probably last NCL cruise. I have spent hours trying to reach NCL. Spent over 40 minutes on hold this morning. At 16 minutes a Debby came on, I told her I couldn't book anything for Cabo, Acapulco or Guatamala, and she disappeared, said give me a minute. I hung up at 38 minutes never being anwered . I am really angry right now, as I would have booked a river cruise or something with those 3 weeks travel time.

How do I get a hold of NCL? Permanent hold when I call. I am upset about this cancellation, and it looks like they may cancel Cabo and Acapulco as well? Anyone know about this? This is our first and probably last NCL cruise. I have spent hours trying to reach NCL. Spent over 40 minutes on hold this morning. At 16 minutes a Debby came on, I told her I couldn't book anything for Cabo, Acapulco or Guatamala, and she disappeared, said give me a minute. I hung up at 38 minutes never being anwered . I am really angry right now, as I would have booked a river cruise or something with those 3 weeks travel time.

I went to My NCL on their website where you can view your cruise details. Acapulco and Cabo are still there along with excursion options for each port. When they cancelled Guatemala they also changed the day we will be in both Acapulco and Cabo to one day earlier than originally scheduled. On a positive note we do have more time in port in Cabo. :)

I tried calling guest relations, but they only deal with post cruise complaints. I asked to speak to a live person in reservations, she transferred me, got terminal hold again.

I think it is just a cruise thing and not exclusive to any one cruise line. I doubt anyone could offer you credible information one way or the other in reservations or any department. When I called earlier this week to ask why the website was still showing Guatemala they weren't aware there was an itinerary change until they dug deeper.

I think Cruise Critic is a better source of accurate info than the cruise lines which should not be.

NCL still has not notified my TA of the itinerary change so they can't notify me. If I wasn't on CC and didn't go on to My NCL I would have no idea what is going on.

Thank goodness I'm a research hound and there are so many helpful people on here! :D