Dream cabin # 11203

jakesnana

Has anyone recently been on this ship that can speak to a few questions? Although Carnival is saying it is only a modified cabin, it is showing on Youtube videos as a fully accessible cabin.

1. Is there a step up into the bathroom?

2. Is there a step up into the shower?

I will also post this on the Disability forum, but thought I might get some help here. TIA for your help.

I saw the same youtube videos that you've probably seen and it certainly appears there is no step up either into the bathroom or into the shower. I also saw still photos of 11204 on Magic (mirror image of 11203) and it shows a drain grate in the door and shower entrances.

Edit: one last thing - Carnival does list that cabin as "ambulatory accessible", not "fully accessible" if you look at this site: https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/615

Edited by joepeka

I saw the same youtube videos that you've probably seen and it certainly appears there is no step up either into the bathroom or into the shower. I also saw still photos of 11204 on Magic (mirror image of 11203) and it shows a drain grate in the door and shower entrances.

Edit: one last thing - Carnival does list that cabin as "ambulatory accessible", not "fully accessible" if you look at this site: https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/615

My only concern is that the video is from 2015 and things may have changed. One of the pictures I saw showed a scooter IN the cabin, so obviously the door is (or was) wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair. When I mentioned the video the the woman in the Access Dept., she said they were "required" to state it was an AAC cabin because it may be changed. HUH !!! If you have a FAC, WHY would you change it to an AAC :( Carnival is one of the worst lines (IMHO) for the amount of FAC cabins on a ship.