Victory or paradise and your reason

chloebell1

Trying to decide between the Victory sailing to Key West and Cozumel and the Paradise sailing to Grand Turk and Cozumel. The victory is a four night while the paradise is a five night, this will be our first cruise . Flying out of illinois, Tampa is more expensive than flying into Miami, after checking prices. Which would you choose and why?

Our first cruise was out of Tampa on the inspiration and also 5 days. It was a nice cruise and at the time didn’t realize it was considered a small ship until we docked in Cozumel next to a larger carnival ship. Tampa is an easy port to fly into. I sailed the victory last summer and really enjoyed the new room colors soft blues but it didn’t have the food upgrades at that time. Now both ships have the new guys burgers, blue iguana, and some other 2.0 upgrades. I would sail both but 5 days is a great trip not to long not to short. With that being said I do like the conquest class ships and sailing on the liberty in July. I would choose victory.

I love Grand Turk, but it is a difficult port to dock in if winds are high. Last cruise our ship was unable to dock and we missed the port altogether. What a disappointment! Jut be aware that if you are booking primarily for this particular port, you may be disappointed.

We have docked at Key West several times. Last time we were there only during the morning hours: very few places (except tourist trap shops) were open/ Check the hours you are scheduled to be in port before making a decision.

It looks like the victory is docket at Key West from 7:30 in the morning until 1:30. Is that late enough to take the trolley tour and get lunch?

Yes, but if it's your first time in Key West, take the Conch Tour Train, not the trolley. Much better narration and much more fun.

• Like 1

We did this cruise back in August on the Victory and I highly recommend it. I will find my review and link it here. We flew into FLL. Even with the extra fare to ride to Miami we saved a lot of money flying into FLL instead of Miami. We've been on the Victory twice. I love it.

• 3 months later...

And I just switched our cruise from the Sensation to the Victory to Cuba for 2019. The more I read about the Sensation the more I worried. I sailed on the Fascination as my first Carnvial cruise and stayed sick the majority of the time. I've been on Victory twice and have been find and I think it's because it's a larger ship.

The Victory is going to be a shorter cruise but now we can stay an extra night or two in Miami or drive to Key West like we've wanted to do!

All things being equal, which they never are, I would pick Victory because it is a bigger ship and it has the Alchemy Bar and Skybox Sports Bar. However, I don't think you can go wrong with either ship. I have sailed on both ships before and have cruises booked on both ships next year.

Our first cruise was out of Tampa on the inspiration and also 5 days. It was a nice cruise and at the time didn’t realize it was considered a small ship until we docked in Cozumel next to a larger carnival ship. Tampa is an easy port to fly into. I sailed the victory last summer and really enjoyed the new room colors soft blues but it didn’t have the food upgrades at that time. Now both ships have the new guys burgers, blue iguana, and some other 2.0 upgrades. I would sail both but 5 days is a great trip not to long not to short. With that being said I do like the conquest class ships and sailing on the liberty in July. I would choose victory.

I may be reading your comment wrong, but Victory is not a Conquest class ship. Originally Victory was considered a Destiny class ship. Then it became a Triumph class ship. Next I guess it will be a Victory class ship until it becomes a Sunshine class ship.

Trying to decide between the Victory sailing to Key West and Cozumel and the Paradise sailing to Grand Turk and Cozumel. The victory is a four night while the paradise is a five night

I love Grand Turk, but it is a difficult port to dock in if winds are high. Last cruise our ship was unable to dock and we missed the port altogether. What a disappointment! Jut be aware that if you are booking primarily for this particular port, you may be disappointed.

The Paradise from Tampa will be Grand Cayman, not Grand Turk. GT and COZ don't pair up.

That being said and this being your 1st cruise, the port times in Cozumel are odd on the Victory from 12 Noon - 10PM making for just an afternoon on the island.

Paradise's time in COZ is morning to late,late afternoon or very early evening. This will give you a better 1st time Cozumel experience to enjoy places like Mr Sanchos or Nachi Cocum.

Although Key West is a cool stop for a few hours, Grand Cayman is a more interesting port with excursions like Stingray City, 7 Mile Beach and Rum Point, Hell and the Turtle Farm.

I would choose the Paradise. Especially for your 1st cruise.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Trying to decide between the Victory sailing to Key West and Cozumel and the Paradise sailing to Grand Turk and Cozumel. The victory is a four night while the paradise is a five night, this will be our first cruise . Flying out of illinois, Tampa is more expensive than flying into Miami, after checking prices. Which would you choose and why?

Neither they are 2 old clunkers.

The Paradise from Tampa will be Grand Cayman, not Grand Turk. GT and COZ don't pair up.

That being said and this being your 1st cruise, the port times in Cozumel are odd on the Victory from 12 Noon - 10PM making for just an afternoon on the island.

Paradise's time in COZ is morning to late,late afternoon or very early evening. This will give you a better 1st time Cozumel experience to enjoy places like Mr Sanchos or Nachi Cocum.

Although Key West is a cool stop for a few hours, Grand Cayman is a more interesting port with excursions like Stingray City, 7 Mile Beach and Rum Point, Hell and the Turtle Farm.

I would choose the Paradise. Especially for your 1st cruise.

I agree. I also prefer the 5 day to the 4 day - less likely to run into a huge party ship which might not be what you are looking for.

I love Key West, but it is not a beach day. It is a fun place to explore, shop and have some drinks and local food specialties. It is better for a weekend type of get away cruise than a full vacation.

Coming from so far, I would fly in the day before, and perhaps stay the day after and make a week of it. But I really like a full week off from work to fully relax.