MSC Seaside April 28th 2018

sidari

Not long to go now to our second outing by the Seaside ... :D

So far we have heard of three changes that have occurred since our Xmas cruise, in no particular order they are

1) No longer using Buffet as Dining Room.

2) Seashore and Ipanema Dining Room now doing 3 sittings each (Ipenema did before)

3) Bowling lanes closed from 6 to 11 pm due to noise in Ipanema.

Does anyone else know of any other changes to date ? and that does not include change of Captain.

We sailed in January and loved everything. Now we heard no more opera. Hopefully that is incorrect, and they just meant the 10:30 Opera shows. Not butterflies, that was great. MSC was so different than the mainstream American lines, I really hope MSC continues with their differences. We will find out next week on our 2nd Seaside sailing. Hoping it will be as great as our first on the Divina and our January seaside sailing. Will report back.

Andre-cruise director gone, and Ziggy is hotel director(he's from the Divina)

Safe sailing

PS- you were very helpful to us prior to our first seaside sailing. You posted fantastic info, so thanks again

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Spidey ... A shame you are not on our sailing, hope you have another great cruise on Seaside. Glad to be of help with the info.

This time around we will not be in the Aft Suite though it was available when we booked.

Spidey ... A shame you are not on our sailing, hope you have another great cruise on Seaside. Glad to be of help with the info.

This time around we will not be in the Aft Suite though it was available when we booked.

Are you in an SJ3 this time (whirlpool suite)? I am trying to find out what type of sofa bed is in 12067 if it is bunk or regular double.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Graminator ... Zip line was free on our Xmas cruise so not likely to go on it again, now the wifi packages have increased in price we are unlikely to purchase one this time around.

We are hoping (fingers crossed) to snag three YC staterooms for a 2020 Western Med cruise on the Seaside to help us celebrate our 50-wedding anniversary.

I’ve done a lot of reading up on MSC and it seems to be such a unique cruiseline which has it’s own European flair that many other cruiselines do not.

Yes, there seem to be some glitches that come with any introduction of a new ship (Seaside) that take awhile to resolve, but several CC members have commented that many of those glitches have gradually been corrected.

That being said, I would hope that the unique, European aspects of the MSC ships that I keep reading about, don’t disappear as they try to capture the American market!

I’m a retired high school teacher who traveled extensively to Europe with my students over the course of 20-some years. I LOVE the European way of life and customs and to experience a cruise on which I would be elbow to elbow with such a wide variety of other foreign cruisers from all over the world,....would be my dream.

*******So, please MCS!! Correct the glitches but DON’T change those things that make you so unique and appealing to those of us who love the European ways!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Not long to go now to our second outing by the Seaside ... :D

So far we have heard of three changes that have occurred since our Xmas cruise, in no particular order they are

3) Bowling lanes closed from 6 to 11 pm due to noise in Ipanema.

i didnt hear about the bowling - when is the bowling times now - its defineatly and evening event to have fun with - do they then open up after 1100pm...

i didnt hear about the bowling - when is the bowling times now - its defineatly and evening event to have fun with - do they then open up after 1100pm...

ahh...see from another post that they re-open at 1100pm until 100am ...nice...

2am start for a 7am flight to Heathrow with BA, pilots both late so took off 35 minutes late, got to the onward flight to Miami with ten minutes to spare. Decent flight and arrived on time thanks AA.

Great room in the Marriott overlooking the port area where the ships moor.

Having a drink in the holiday Inn Bayside for the free WiFi.

2am start for a 7am flight to Heathrow with BA, pilots both late so took off 35 minutes late, got to the onward flight to Miami with ten minutes to spare. Decent flight and arrived on time thanks AA.

Great room in the Marriott overlooking the port area where the ships moor.

Having a drink in the holiday Inn Bayside for the free WiFi.

Hope you have a great cruise, Dave. Will you be doing a trip report live? Ken

Great to hear you've arrived safely, Dave. We've just completed our packing for disembarking tomorrow and are currently enjoying our last lunch onboard.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Safe home, Bea, I've been following your reports and look forward to the 'warts 'n all' when you get a chance. Ken