Oasis class (Harmony/Symphony) - where can we see the water?

First time RCI cruiser on the Symphony of the Seas in June 2019. I've read some comments that say there aren't many community places to see the water. Can you all give a newbie a quick idea of where I might be able to get a water view?

I'm pretty sure we will be booking an inside cabin.

Thanks so much.

First time RCI cruiser on the Symphony of the Seas in June 2019. I've read some comments that say there aren't many community places to see the water. Can you all give a newbie a quick idea of where I might be able to get a water view?

Thanks so much.

Solarium, and the outside of decks 5, 6 (Boardwalk), 15, and 16.

I'll just add the better and quieter area is decks 5 and 6 that Bob mentioned. Solarium is nice but you're glassed in.

This is my only gripe with the Oasis class. Because of the design of the ship there are many areas without an ocean view including all the bars/restaurants in Central Park and the Royal Promenade. Solarium or Boardwalk are your best bets for a water view (aside from all the pool area on the top deck).

So in looking at the deck plan would decks 5 and 6 be by the aquatheater? Can you sit there during the day when there are no shows?

Deck 5 is all around the ship, but is not very side on the sides and mostly used for the running track. However, there is some space on for chairs on deck 5 behind the Aquatheater. Deck 6 has the aquatheater seating which can be used when there are no shows.

Thanks everyone for the help. This will actually be my 10th cruise but first on RCI. This not seeing the water easily is a new thing for me but I really just want to experience the Oasis class ships at least once.

Depends where you like to hang out. I see the water more on Oasis than "traditional" ships because I love the solarium, pool, and sports deck and the views are magnificent. For example, between the flow riders is a bar, and stools overlooking the aft of the ship have a stunning view.

If you really enjoy an interior lounge or bar with an ocean view then you won't get that on Oasis.

Depends where you like to hang out. I see the water more on Oasis than "traditional" ships because I love the solarium, pool, and sports deck and the views are magnificent. For example, between the flow riders is a bar, and stools overlooking the aft of the ship have a stunning view.

If you really enjoy an interior lounge or bar with an ocean view then you won't get that on Oasis.

No we just like to spend our sea day time in lounger reading. I'm used to balcony cabins but the sticker shock for a cruise in June on a new ship is pushing me to an inside cabin. My husband's a teacher so summer is really the only time we can cruise. Thanks for the help!

No we just like to spend our sea day time in lounger reading. I'm used to balcony cabins but the sticker shock for a cruise in June on a new ship is pushing me to an inside cabin. My husband's a teacher so summer is really the only time we can cruise. Thanks for the help!

If you enjoy a lounger and reading a book, similar to a balcony, then you will be in heaven on Oasis. The forward solarium has an incredible panoramic ocean view with floor to ceiling glass, bar, restaurant, pool (not Harmony), hot tubs, drink service, etc. I spend a ton of time there. Easy to get a chair, too, especially on Harmony as they made the area bigger.

My wife found her way to the lower solarium deck in the corner and spent hours there reading with an amazing view. Quiet and peaceful.

If you want to be out in the sun, the Oasis class has so many deck chairs in the pool zone and upper decks, that you should have no issue finding one as well almost anytime you want.

If you enjoy a lounger and reading a book, similar to a balcony, then you will be in heaven on Oasis. The forward solarium has an incredible panoramic ocean view with floor to ceiling glass, bar, restaurant, pool (not Harmony), hot tubs, drink service, etc. I spend a ton of time there. Easy to get a chair, too, especially on Harmony as they made the area bigger.

My wife found her way to the lower solarium deck in the corner and spent hours there reading with an amazing view. Quiet and peaceful.

If you want to be out in the sun, the Oasis class has so many deck chairs in the pool zone and upper decks, that you should have no issue finding one as well almost anytime you want.

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

We actually considered just booking an inside since I'd rather spend time in the solarium than our private balcony. We don't have very good drink service, a pool, buffet, or hot tub on our balcony :)

But you do get the sea breezes! :)

If you can upgrade just a little to a Boardwalk balcony, you can book one of the cabins farthest aft (rear) and you'll be able to sit on your balcony and look down at the Boardwalk or at the ocean wake at the back of the ship! We love our aft balcony on Oasis class!!:hearteyes:

If you can upgrade just a little to a Boardwalk balcony, you can book one of the cabins farthest aft (rear) and you'll be able to sit on your balcony and look down at the Boardwalk or at the ocean wake at the back of the ship! We love our aft balcony on Oasis class!!:hearteyes:

Thanks so much! We ended up booking a balcony after all. :)

Thanks so much.

There are chairs on deck 5 at the back of the ship which is a great relaxing spot. Also they have added two seating areas toward the front of the ship that are enclosed but with full windows and open vents for ventilation on deck 5 (this is the deck with the walking/running track)

There are chairs on deck 5 at the back of the ship which is a great relaxing spot. Also they have added two seating areas toward the front of the ship that are enclosed but with full windows and open vents for ventilation on deck 5 (this is the deck with the walking/running track)

Thanks for the info!