Is the buffet at Half Moon Cay decent, or should we return to the ship to eat?

LongHill44

It's just grill items like hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken and some cold stuff like salads and sweets. We didn't partake do to being a bit seasick from the rock n roll boat that took us to our snorkeling, and the amount of flies buzzing around didn't help.

It's just grill items like hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken and some cold stuff like salads and sweets. We didn't partake do to being a bit seasick from the rock n roll boat that took us to our snorkeling, and the amount of flies buzzing around didn't help.

Flies and bugs will do us in

It’s fine! A lot easier than taking the tender back to the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And, unless you don't plan on returning to the island after taking the tender back to the ship to have lunch, why give up a good portion of your day just to avoid a few bugs? Really, the bugs aren't that bad. No worse than what you'd have at most any outdoor BBQ back at home (maybe less).

The bbq chicken is really good. Kind of reminds me of jerk chicken. Not worth the bother of going back. We came over on the first tender and stayed until well into the afternoon. The bbq lets you stay and enjoy the day without getting hungry.

Food on the ship is better, but I wouldn't head back to the boat for lunch. Especially since you have to tender.

There was plenty of things to choose from. The sides weren't too bad. And there is a lot of fruit to choose from too. I didn't notice an crazy amount of bugs.

And, unless you don't plan on returning to the island after taking the tender back to the ship to have lunch, why give up a good portion of your day just to avoid a few bugs? Really, the bugs aren't that bad. No worse than what you'd have at most any outdoor BBQ back at home (maybe less).

I agree...I haven’t actually noticed flies. Half Moon Cay is one of my favourite islands. I wouldn’t waste time going back and forth on the tender. The food is just fine!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wondering

Currently on the Glory, we were at half moon cay Sunday, and the buffet was very good, if you're a 'simple' eater, freshly made burgers, hot dogs, chicken, with a bunch of side hot/cold dishes, along with a lot of fruit choices, and deserts.

My suggestion is just go look at what is available. If it looks good "eat it." If you find it unappealing, return to the ship for lunch. Of course, tendering back to the ship and then back to the island will take out a significant chunk of time from your day, so you should keep that in mind. Personally, I enjoy the "cookout" style meal. I'm not a fan of chicken, but I do enjoy the jerk chicken they usually have.