NCL Getaway Thermal Spa ... Alcohol?

shmooo

I was considering getting thermal spa passes for my upcoming cruise and from what I've read, there is no bar in the spa but you can bring in your own drinks as long as it's in a plastic cup.

I have never been on this ship or any cruise for that matter and was wondering if anyone could answer the following:

Is it a pain to come and go frequently for drinks?

Is there a bar located fairly close to the thermal spa?

There isn’t a bar inside the spa for good reason. It’s supposed to be a quiet place to relax and detox. If they put in a bar it would become just like the pool deck loud and rowdy. We had folks laughing loud and carrying on in the spa pool last time we got a pass. It’s not a party room. Ruined the whole atmosphere. They have water and hot tea set up for you to drink.

As to your questions.

1) Yes it is a pain to come and go. You turn ur key card into someone at the desk while you are in the spa.

2)Depends on the ship.

The heat from the hot tub, sauna or salt room (again depends on the ship) doesn’t mix well with alcohol. I suggest you refrain from drinking in the spa for your safety.

Good morning Shmooo,

I have seen folks in the spa with their drinks in plastic cups. It is a bit of a pain to leave and come back in given the process shared in the previous post. The nearest bar is probably on the same deck around the pool. You will enjoy the spa. It is peaceful and so relaxing. :cool:

I was considering getting thermal spa passes for my upcoming cruise and from what I've read, there is no bar in the spa but you can bring in your own drinks as long as it's in a plastic cup.

I have never been on this ship or any cruise for that matter and was wondering if anyone could answer the following:

Is it a pain to come and go frequently for drinks?

Is there a bar located fairly close to the thermal spa?

There is no bar close to the Spa on Getaway and it is a pain to go in and out.

Tervis tumbler or some other brand works for those wishing to take alcohol into the Thermal Spa. As others have said it is not really an area to drink in but I have known people who take a big cup of wine in to the spa. It depends on what you mean by frequently, but generally no, it is not convenient to come and go often for a drink.

Bring one drink, possibly after a few elsewhere, and a book when ready to rest a little and it will turn into a nice nap. There will be a place to refill cup with needed water. With the drinking and the sun, it's hard to get enough water to stay hydrated.

There isn’t a bar inside the spa for good reason. It’s supposed to be a quiet place to relax and detox. If they put in a bar it would become just like the pool deck loud and rowdy. We had folks laughing loud and carrying on in the spa pool last time we got a pass. It’s not a party room. Ruined the whole atmosphere. They have water and hot tea set up for you to drink.

As to your questions.

1) Yes it is a pain to come and go. You turn ur key card into someone at the desk while you are in the spa.

2)Depends on the ship.

The heat from the hot tub, sauna or salt room (again depends on the ship) doesn’t mix well with alcohol. I suggest you refrain from drinking in the spa for your safety.

The ship is the Getaway, per the title.

We have been lucky on the two cruises we used the spa. Personally, I like to relax when using the spa. Only once we had a loud group (they talked really loud, screaming and splashing each other and me). I asked them not to jump around and splash in the thermal pool and that was that. I asked nicely that they stop and they left I am guessing to find a more party receptive area of the ship. It is supposed to offer serenity but sometimes there may be visitors who think it is an indoor pool party area.