Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:15 AM.
Syracuse, NY
890 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
I have been looking at what changes are taking place for the Caribbean Princess Drydock which starts today because we are sailing on her April 6th. I had to wonder though, what does the crew do while ship doesn't have passengers? I am talking about Servers, Stewards, Bartenders, Boutique staff, Cooks etc. Do they get time off? Do they stay on and work? What happens with them?
Also, We got an e-mail with an hour delay for boarding. I am wondering why? If there will be no passengers to disembark, why won't they be ready to accept new passengers.

Just interested in hearing what other CC members have to say.

Patty
Sailing April 6th Transatlantic on Caribbean Princess
Aliso Viejo, CA
42,336 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
They work.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-- Pam Email (to be my friend on Facebook, email me. ) PLEASE identify yourself with your Cruise Critic name.

Boston. Strong.

* Me ziplining across Victoria Falls: https://plus.google.com/photos/10147...83463276981969
* Safari photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1014740...eat=directlink

Upcoming:
Emerald Princess: 4/27/18 12-day Alaska LA <> LA
Regal Princess: 11/1/18 10-day NY > FLL
Royal Princess: 4/27/19 Mexican Riviera
Royal Princess: 5/4/19 CA Coastal LA > Vancouver
Toronto, ON, Fort Lauderdale, FL
4,284 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
I'd say that they work pretty hard. They have a ship full of contractors to take care of and probably more cleaning to do than normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Benny

Sunbird Mediterranean and Africa 07/99, Golden Princess Eastern Caribbean Nov/03, Sun Princess Southern Caribbean Apr/04, Star Princess Western Caribbean Nov/04, Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Jan/05, Louis Hellenic Calypso Greek Islands Jun/05 Coral Princess Panama Canal Nov 4/05, Dawn Princess Mexican Riviera Jan 29/06, Sapphire Princess US Pacific Coastal May 13/06, Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Sept 30/06, NCL Crown Bermuda Sept 23/07, Diamond Princess Hawaii Feb. 1/08, Emerald Princess Southern Caribbean Feb. 8/09, Caribbean Princess Canada New England Sept. 5/09, B2B Caribbean Princess Southern Caribbean Jan 24 and Jan 31/09, Crown Princess Canada Colonial America Oct 17/10, Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Nov. 6/11, Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Jan 28/12, Grand Princess Eastern Caribbean Feb 4/12, Crown Princess Greek Isles Oct 15/12, Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Jan 26/14, Emerald Princess Eastern Caribbean Feb 6/16

1,922 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
With 87 additional connecting staterooms, 174 new connecting doors, you can share even more of the excitement of your cruise, while keeping the whole family together.

Does any one wish to speculate where these might be placed?

I am looking forward to being a Medallion Guinea Pig in March of 2018, but I will tell you, I would not be pleased to suddenly find my 14 days disturbed by unplanned noisy, connecting neighbors.

Like most people, I avoid connecting rooms, unless I am traveling with someone and want one. I checked the deck plans post renovations, but they do not show the connecting rooms.