Small cabanas on the cay - Great Stirrup Cay

limeyalchemist

Under the NCL thread a discussion has started about the cost of the small cabanas on GSC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1931827

The question for anyone who has visited GSC very recently - where are the small cabanas in relation to the large ones, and where is the additional food buffet that some have mentioned? It's not clear where that is. Please let us know if you have seen them recently.

NCL is charging $299 for the small cabana, for those on the breakaway, but only $149 for those on other ships! Also the large cabana costs the same amount but comes with $50 credit for drinks, double what the small cabana gives you, which is $25. Seems a tad unreasonable. It could be due to the fact that all of the cabanas sold out for this date, so supply and demand, and in fact even the small cabanas sold out in under 24 hours.

Here is a video from NCL showing the large cabana.

Edited by limeyalchemist

Hi:

I just booked a small cabana on Great Stirrup Cay. I called Norweigen about them and learned that they are actually for up to 6 people, come with 4 floats, a $50 food credit and water/fruit/chips & salsa. Their website is now updated with this information.

The pricing is dynamic based on demand, ship and time of year.

I have never been to GSC, but I asked where they are located. The agent said that once you leave the tender, you have to walk across the first beach, go around a rock wall and then the cabanas are on the second beach. I think that's the same area the large cabanas are located. He said it was probably about a 900' walk. Hope this helps.

Hi:

I just booked a small cabana on Great Stirrup Cay. I called Norweigen about them and learned that they are actually for up to 6 people, come with 4 floats, a $50 food credit and water/fruit/chips & salsa. Their website is now updated with this information.

The pricing is dynamic based on demand, ship and time of year.

Lovenrwgn,

Thanks for sharing the update. That's great news! I'm curious to know how strictly the six person max is enforced...do they check to make sure you don't have too many people? NCL is usually very relaxed about most policies.

Just booked a small cabana for our family of four for our April Breakaway spring break trip. It was crazy expensive but since it will be a such a busy, crowded week, I want the extra privacy, shade and service. I cannot figure out the location. The description says it is on Fiesta Beach but I can't find it on any map. I just hope it is on a nice stretch of beach and not a long hike to the rest rooms.

• 4 months later...

Hello fellow cruisers,

I don't see a reply to the location of the large vs small cabanas. Can anybody comment on this please. Both are still available for our sailing date and I don't know which to book. We can fit in either so it's a case of location preference. Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1 month later...

We are in The Haven/Penthouse stateroom class and purchased a small cabana for our Great Stirrup Cay visit. DO they provide service like brining us drinks and food?

Does anyone know what the location of the small cabana's, restrooms, buffets and bars are?

Thank you,:confused:

Jeremie

I've had a hard time finding a clear picture of the locations of the Large Cabanas and Small Cabanas in relation to everything else. I know there's been several updates to the island in the last 2 years with the addition of the cabanas, new food area, and bar service.

We're considering a small cabana for our family of 3, but my DD is 6 years old. We'd like to snorkel, do the hippo slide, and the stingray adventure. If I have to hike a mile through the sand to get to each of these activities a clam shell may be a better choice for us.

If anyone has any pictures or insight it would be greatly appreciated!

I've had a hard time finding a clear picture of the locations of the Large Cabanas and Small Cabanas in relation to everything else. I know there's been several updates to the island in the last 2 years with the addition of the cabanas, new food area, and bar service.

We're considering a small cabana for our family of 3, but my DD is 6 years old. We'd like to snorkel, do the hippo slide, and the stingray adventure. If I have to hike a mile through the sand to get to each of these activities a clam shell may be a better choice for us.

If anyone has any pictures or insight it would be greatly appreciated![/quote

I have read multiple posts regarding the location of the small cabanas ( have not been to GSC yet) but if you plan on doing the activities you mentioned you may be better off staying on the main beach. There is a tram that takes people to both the larges and small cabanas.So I am guessing it is quite a walk from the small cabanas to the main beach.

<a href=GreatStirrupCay.jpg' alt='GreatStirrupCa

• 1 month later...

Hi

We just got back last month and had a small Cabana (not sure where the large Cabanas are in relations to the small ones up to 6 people but we had four) there is a tram that will take you to them after a short walk from the tender slip. Yes they will bring the food to you that you order from the menu the night before....you will get a $50.00 food credit and yes you can use them order drinks for the Cabana instead of food.....they also have a small storage locker on the wall but without a lock.....no need to bring valuables anyway.

There is a very short walk to the rest rooms behind the cabanas not far at all

there is also a nice little shower behind your cabana so you can rinse of after you get out of the water........you also have a small fridge to keep your water in....there are 6 bottles of cold water in it when you get there.

Be sure to bring your excursing ticket for the cabana with you, they will come around to check them and give you wristband to wear. There is a small Bar close to the Cabanas so you will not get thirsty.......it is a bit of a walk to the BBQ but you can take the tram back it comes around every 15 min or so.

We loved our Cabana and booked a large one for next May we have more people going this time:)......don't forget the bug spray sandflies can get bad if you are in the sand a lot no issues with it in the cabana, if you are undecided if it is worth it to get one or not I would say get one, it is well worth it :)

Hi

We just got back last month and had a small Cabana (not sure where the large Cabanas are in relations to the small ones up to 6 people but we had four) there is a tram that will take you to them after a short walk from the tender slip. Yes they will bring the food to you that you order from the menu the night before....you will get a $50.00 food credit and yes you can use them order drinks for the Cabana instead of food.....they also have a small storage locker on the wall but without a lock.....no need to bring valuables anyway.

There is a very short walk to the rest rooms behind the cabanas not far at all

there is also a nice little shower behind your cabana so you can rinse of after you get out of the water........you also have a small fridge to keep your water in....there are 6 bottles of cold water in it when you get there.

Be sure to bring your excursing ticket for the cabana with you, they will come around to check them and give you wristband to wear. There is a small Bar close to the Cabanas so you will not get thirsty.......it is a bit of a walk to the BBQ but you can take the tram back it comes around every 15 min or so.

We loved our Cabana and booked a large one for next May we have more people going this time:)......don't forget the bug spray sandflies can get bad if you are in the sand a lot no issues with it in the cabana, if you are undecided if it is worth it to get one or not I would say get one, it is well worth it :)

Thank you for the info! We just booked for 2016 on the Getaway and I was looking for information exactly like this. I now have to wait until excursions are available to book our cabana. I am not very good at waiting:o

You are welcome,glad I could help,you will love the Cabana.I know what you mean about waiting,we want to book a big one for 2015 and still have to wait they are not available yet for us:( Enjoy your cruise :)

• 3 weeks later...

we had a small Cabana this past June and it is per Cabana not person, wow you are getting it at a great price, we paid $299.00 it is big enough for 6 people. If you have more then 6 then you will have to pay $50.00 extra per person, but it would not be enough room for more then 6. You will love it.

we had a small Cabana this past June and it is per Cabana not person, wow you are getting it at a great price, we paid $299.00 it is big enough for 6 people. If you have more then 6 then you will have to pay $50.00 extra per person, but it would not be enough room for more then 6. You will love it.

Thank you so much. Booked one at $199 with $ 50 credit that I can use on the island. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Another question, is there a specific Cabana I need to request? or will they assign one for us?

Thanks.

CruisingFamily

They will assign one for you, see if you can talk to guest services

Onboard and asked for Cabana 11 it is close

To a bar and not far from a restroom

but they are all very nice. We had 11 it was

Perfect location.

You are most welcome and enjoy your cruise and your cabana.....?there is a tram that will take you to the Cabanas....so it makes it very easy to get there.

There is also a shower behind every cabana so you can rinse of the saltwater.Please don't hesitate to ask away:)

• 2 weeks later...
You are most welcome and enjoy your cruise and your cabana.....?there is a tram that will take you to the Cabanas....so it makes it very easy to get there.

There is also a shower behind every cabana so you can rinse of the saltwater.Please don't hesitate to ask away:)

I have seen that cabanas get preference tender disembark. How does this work with 6 people when you book the cabana and it's only booked under 1 persons name. And 2 of the 6 people are from another booking #?

I'm sorry but I don't have the answer to that, we stayed in a DOS and our guest also stayed in a suite that provided them with priority boarding......I'm assuming that maybe you could all meet together and you can state that they are your guest but like are said I'm not sure about that.....maybe somebody else on this board can help......if not just ask at the Excursing desk after you get settled in on board.....you have time before you get to GSC Happy sailing you will love the Cabana !

I have seen that cabanas get preference tender disembark. How does this work with 6 people when you book the cabana and it's only booked under 1 persons name. And 2 of the 6 people are from another booking #?

You have your party travel with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app