Falconry visit in Ireland or Scotland

We are planning a cruise and would like to visit a Falconry either in Ireland or Scotland. Any suggestions as we are planning on being in Dublin for a couple of days before the cruise and I found a Falconry near Glasgow Scotland (but we will only be in port for 8 hours) don't know if that may be a realistic option. I wouldn't even know what to look for when reviewing the websites for each and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by TessieTravels
adding information

Strathblane country falconry Glasgow. Excellent reviews on trip advisor. Jean.

Jean thank you so much, we will be docking in Glasgow & I checked out Strathblane Falconry & saw it was a 45 min drive from port. I went to their website & saw 2.5 hr/half day encounter as the full day will probably be cutting it way to close. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, this is on DH’s wish list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This sounds great. Anyone know if we could get a tact there and then back to the port at Greenock? What would be the cost of transportation?

Terelsbell, when I requested a quote from a cab company, I was told 77 GBP for round trip (approx 1 1/2 round trip). I’m not sure how accurate that is, so if there is anyone out there who can share that would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi, if you are in Dublin for a few days i can recommend Trevor of dublinfalconry.com (we got our puppy from him - he's a real animal whisperer!) ...he operates out of Lutterelstown Castle, a gorgeous venue about 30 mins from Dublin city centre.

Thank you Choppersontour! We are planning to be in Dublin for a few days pre-cruise & I looked them up, I’d rather be able to spend the day vs a few hours & it looks like beautiful grounds too. Thank you for the tip

Dunrobin castle in Scotland had an excellent Falconry show

Caripoo, I looked them up & unfortunately it would be a 4 1/4 hour drive one way from The Greenock port [emoji36]. But, good to know as we have been entertaining the thought of visiting a city in Scotland pre-cruise, so that may be a good excuse to visit Golspie & the Dubrovnik castle. [emoji848]thank you for the info