Dinning Question in Edinburgh

itsanita

It's me again! The area by the castle is more pubs and restaurants which won't be open that early. There's a Starbucks about 400 meters away down the Royal Mile or there's a street called George IV Bridge where there's a selection of places that would do breakfast. It's just off to the left maybe 250 metres before you get to the Castle. One of these is The Elephant House where JK allegedly wrote some of the first Harry Potter book

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/George+IV+Bridge,+Edinburgh+EH1+1EJ/@55.9483747,-3.196563,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4887c79ad366e825:0x24a8a99e1b14ae58!8m2!3d55.9479542!4d-3.1917994

On a side note many years ago we paid for an advertised 3 course meal near Edinburgh castle. First course soup, second course roast meal, third course cup of tea! Lol

Eat before you leave much easier, enjoy this beautiful place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, we are staying in a airb&b, so unable to eat first unless we go shopping!! Will make a note of Elephant House. We are staying at Royal Mile and North Bridge...so that will be right on our way.

Thanks, we are staying in a airb&b, so unable to eat first unless we go shopping!! Will make a note of Elephant House. We are staying at Royal Mile and North Bridge...so that will be right on our way.

We were in Edinburgh in October and had breakfast in the Royal Mile on 2 occasions. There is a wide selection of cafes, restaurants and pubs that serve breakfast on the Mile near the North Bridge.

We were in Edinburgh in October and had breakfast in the Royal Mile on 2 occasions. There is a wide selection of cafes, restaurants and pubs that serve breakfast on the Mile near the North Bridge.

Yes that's the area wheee Starbucks etc is but I was trying to think of some place closer. I think George IV Bridge is a better alternative - not so crowded IMO

hi there is also the lovely Cannonball just off the royal mile which does breakfast or pop down into the grassmarket- 5 min walk for some nicer cafes.

Hi katie64, I thought about Cannonball but is it open early? The OP wants breakfast before the Castle opens at 9:30. Also thought about the restaurant at Scotch Whisky Experience but it's not open early enough

sorry contini their sister restaurant is but checking this cannonball is not. This link suggests some others and always Frankie & Bennys which is American chain but would be nicer to try somewhere local. Where are you coming from and I can suggest somewhere to stop near the relevant transport stops?

https://www.yelp.co.uk/search?cflt=breakfast_brunch&find_loc=The+Royal+Mile%2C+Edinburgh

sorry contini their sister restaurant is but checking this cannonball is not. This link suggests some others and always Frankie & Bennys which is American chain but would be nicer to try somewhere local. Where are you coming from and I can suggest somewhere to stop near the relevant transport stops?

https://www.yelp.co.uk/search?cflt=breakfast_brunch&find_loc=The+Royal+Mile%2C+Edinburgh

Hello again Katie. They're staying overnight in an air bnb just off the Royal Mile (see above) and that's why I suggested George IV bridge as it's on their way and very close. There's Lucano's and Brunch as well as The Elephant House. My understanding is they want to make an early start and get into the Castle quickly

You guys are great! I can’t thank you enough for all your help. Yes we want to eat breakfast before the castle opens. Our Airbnb is at Royal Mile and North Bridge. So the areas that you are suggesting sound like a good match.

I tend to pop into the National Library for a coffee and snack now, on the rare occasion I am up there, they have soup and some sandwiches, it’s a pleasant spot for a light refreshment, though not at suitable for groups of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums