Amsterdam evening canal cruises

KMR

I would like to take an evening canal tour in Amsterdam. I looked at TripAdvisor and found one that is 90 minutes but it does not give me the name of the company or their website. I would like to find out the exact address before I book any tours. I don't want to get lost walking around looking for the departure point.

Could anyone please recommend an evening canal tour without one that also serves dinner.

Thank you.

I would like to take an evening canal tour in Amsterdam. I looked at TripAdvisor and found one that is 90 minutes but it does not give me the name of the company or their website. I would like to find out the exact address before I book any tours. I don't want to get lost walking around looking for the departure point.

Could anyone please recommend an evening canal tour without one that also serves dinner.

Thank you.

you will have no difficulty finding an evening canal tour in Amsterdam

no need to book ahead

its like gondola trips in Venice or HOHO buses in any big city-you will stumble across them in the main tourist areas and Amsterdam is made up of canals!

Yes, the evening canal cruises are nice - the bridges are lit at night. Our evening cruise did not include dinner. Our evening cruise was one hour and we used the following company: https://www.lovers.nl/en/day-evening/1-h-amsterdam-evening-canal-cruise/

The embarkation point was the area in front of Centraal Station (you can't miss it - there are other operators at this location as well).

They depart from a number of locations. Don’t bother going out of your way to get to Centraal Station if you aren’t already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for replying to my post. I am so glad that I don't have to worry about finding an evening canal tour. We will be taking a walking tour prior to the canal tour and I don't know where the walking tour will end. Thanks to you, I now know that I can get on a canal cruise close to where the walking tour ends.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much for replying to my post. I am so glad that I don't have to worry about finding an evening canal tour. We will be taking a walking tour prior to the canal tour and I don't know where the walking tour will end. Thanks to you, I now know that I can get on a canal cruise close to where the walking tour ends.

Thanks again.

Ask the guide on your walking tour for the nearest location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/18/2018 at 2:12 AM, Ine said:

How about an evening canalcruise with wine and cheese?https://www.rederijkooij.nl/en/our-canal-cruises

We'll be in Amsterdam in May 2019 and this canal cruise looks interesting.  Do you know how many persons are seated at each table on the boat?  Also, we don't arrive in Amsterdam until the 10th of May...will it be too late in the season for the Keukenhof?  I know it's still open for another week or two but wondering if it's worthwhile or whether most of the blooms will have dropped.  Unfortunately we can't change our dates..

Thanks for any input!

Cathy

Edited by Barwick Cruiser

We took a wine and cheese evening canal cruise on our recent trip to Amsterdam.  The tour was through Lindbergh Tours and met near the Centraal Station.  We enjoyed the tour, especially the wine, beer, and cheese!  I can't comment on the quality of the narration as we got to talking with the other couple at our table and didn't listen as closely as we could have.  😉    There were 4 people to a table on the cruise.  I booked the tour through Viator, the company used on Trip Advisor, but sometimes you can determine the tour company by looking at Trip Advisor's listing of tour providers and match the tour description to Viator's.  Once you know the provider, you can check their website to see where their tours meet.  Hope this helps!

9 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We'll be in Amsterdam in May 2019 and this canal cruise looks interesting.  Do you know how many persons are seated at each table on the boat?  Also, we don't arrive in Amsterdam until the 10th of May...will it be too late in the season for the Keukenhof?  I know it's still open for another week or two but wondering if it's worthwhile or whether most of the blooms will have dropped.  Unfortunately we can't change our dates..

Thanks for any input!

Cathy

Most boats have tables for 4 persons, 2 looking forward and 2 looking backwards.  Sometimes there are a few 2 seaterfs, depending on the type of boat. May 10 in general will still be o.k. in Keuklenhof since there are many trees around so blooming is later then in the fields. However it will depend on the weather in spring, how warm or cold it will be.  Also there are different varieties in tulips, some bloom early others later. So I think you will be o.k. and enjoy it.

On 11/19/2018 at 2:21 AM, Ine said:

Most boats have tables for 4 persons, 2 looking forward and 2 looking backwards.  Sometimes there are a few 2 seaterfs, depending on the type of boat. May 10 in general will still be o.k. in Keuklenhof since there are many trees around so blooming is later then in the fields. However it will depend on the weather in spring, how warm or cold it will be.  Also there are different varieties in tulips, some bloom early others later. So I think you will be o.k. and enjoy it.

Thanks, Ine, for your advice, very helpful.  Are there specific companies that run better cruises or are they all more similar than different?  

Also, bit off topic, what kind of transit passes would work best for our weeklong visit where we would like to make use of both trains and buses?  We won't have a car and will be staying in Ouderkirk aan de Amstel?  Hoping to visit Kinderdijk, Keukenhof, Utrecht, Groningen as well as Amsterdam itself.  

11 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Thanks, Ine, for your advice, very helpful.  Are there specific companies that run better cruises or are they all more similar than different?  

Also, bit off topic, what kind of transit passes would work best for our weeklong visit where we would like to make use of both trains and buses?  We won't have a car and will be staying in Ouderkirk aan de Amstel?  Hoping to visit Kinderdijk, Keukenhof, Utrecht, Groningen as well as Amsterdam itself.  

There is little difference between canal cruises, they all offer more or less the same.  Known are Lovers and Kooy to name a few. There are few companies with smaller boats,  Check those too: https://www.thosedamboatguys.com/faq-1/

https://boatamsterdam.com/en

Check this link re a pass for Amsterdam and region for bus and tramtickets: https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/plan-your-trip/getting-around/public-transport/region-day-ticket

It covers a lot, even transportation to Keukenhof. Also transportation to Zaanse Schans is included, where you will find many windmills. Kinderdijk take a lot more time to get there and is not included. Also for Utrecht and Groningen you need to buy seperate traintickets. 

Edited by Ine