Bacardi Tour

tw67

Will be in San Juan in December. Wanted to do a Bacardi Tour/Tasting. Really not into the ship tour, really thinking of doing this on our own, or with a tour in San Juan. We will have one child under the age of 18 with us, so we wanted to know what our options were and what others have done.

According to the Bacardi website they do three different tours. The first is the Historical, and I think that is more the video and rum. They also do a Mixology and a rum tasting tour.

I have not taken the tour, but my DW has been three times. Don't waste your time with a tour from the ship. There is a ferry from OSJ that crosses the bay, it's like $1 round trip. you can grab a cab from the ferry terminal - Bacardi may even be offering a shuttle from there now. It's a neat place just to hang out.

Will be in San Juan in December. Wanted to do a Bacardi Tour/Tasting. Really not into the ship tour, really thinking of doing this on our own, or with a tour in San Juan. We will have one child under the age of 18 with us, so we wanted to know what our options were and what others have done.

We took a ship tour there a couple years ago, it was great! It was a full on tour of the factory, lots of historical things, then a small train tour around all over, then a tasting, and then a bus ride back. I enjoyed it (I do not drink alcohol, but still liked it).

We took a ship tour there a couple years ago, it was great! It was a full on tour of the factory, lots of historical things, then a small train tour around all over, then a tasting, and then a bus ride back. I enjoyed it (I do not drink alcohol, but still liked it).

We did the same a few years ago too, but from the descriptions recently, I think it has changed. We thought this would be something the two 24 year olds would enjoy and told them they should do this, but recent descriptions are beginning to make me wonder just how much the tour has changed in the last year or two. Since we've already been, we aren't planning to join them. Anyone been recently that can shed some light on the current tour?

This has changed CONSIDERABLY recently. Tours are not free anymore and cover charges vary depending on the "experience" (no sense calling it a "tour" anymore). Check the website for more info. Even as a local I have no interest in the Bacardi factory anymore. I also remember the old tour were you even got to see the production floor and all. Nowadays you can learn more of Bacardi from a documentary on YouTube. Unless you're just wanting to take the ferry across the bay or are REALLY into rums (they have a single-barrel personalized rum bottling activity of you have the $$) I'd say there are better things to do in SJ.

Like SpaceCowboy9 said, don't use the cruise tour. Take a cheap ferry across the bay. It's located near the cruise pier and get a taxi to the factory. They're all there yelling out "Back Our Dee, Back Our Dee" when you get off the ferry. Very easy and safe to do.

Like SpaceCowboy9 said, don't use the cruise tour. Take a cheap ferry across the bay. It's located near the cruise pier and get a taxi to the factory. They're all there yelling out "Back Our Dee, Back Our Dee" when you get off the ferry. Very easy and safe to do.

You know, I'm quite sure taxi drivers and tour operators in San Juan know how to properly say "Bacardi" to incoming tourists, English speaking or otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I am shocked to see the tours cost so much. The cheapest is $15 for 45 minute tour and one welcome cocktail. Not too unreasonable, but the other two tours with tastings and cocktail instruction cost $50 & $60. I'll have to think about that.

• 4 months later...
I am shocked to see the tours cost so much. The cheapest is $15 for 45 minute tour and one welcome cocktail. Not too unreasonable, but the other two tours with tastings and cocktail instruction cost $50 & $60. I'll have to think about that.
We did just look it up again, and think that we will take the ferry, and do the $15 tour. My 20 year old will enjoy it. All new to him. Afterwards we will head back on the ferry, and then maybe take a quick tour of downtown or a fort. Island Marketing will do this for about $62 a person. Isn't a horrible price, but those who don't want to go on a tour can just head back to the ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app