Platinum Boarding - Long Beach

rhinomike

What are the rules with Platinum boarding in Long Beach? I have three cabins reserved that I paid for for me my wife and our adult kids. Can they board in Platinum with us? Also my sons cousin and his wife are in our group. They paid for their own cabin. That is cabin number four. Can they board with us? Me and my wife are Platinum. Thank you.

What are the rules with Platinum boarding in Long Beach? I have three cabins reserved that I paid for for me my wife and our adult kids. Can they board in Platinum with us? Also my sons cousin and his wife are in our group. They paid for their own cabin. That is cabin number four. Can they board with us? Me and my wife are Platinum. Thank you.

No, only those that are in your room and any minor children. You can't bring every distant relative into the Platinum line with you. The benefit is for you, not for you to bestow upon others of your choosing.

and either

all of you can wait while they go fetch the keys for the non-VIPs and slow everyone down, or if one of the ships with the keys cabin mailbox, their cabins won't be ready anyway.

Don't believe false rumors unless you hear them from me!

There is nothing in the terms and conditions, including bringing others on tenders.

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions.aspx

and either

all of you can wait while they go fetch the keys for the non-VIPs and slow everyone down, or if one of the ships with the keys cabin mailbox, their cabins won't be ready anyway.

There is nothing in the terms and conditions, including bringing others on tenders.

True, it’s not listed as an official perk, yet it is. I don’t make things up nor spread misinformation.

0550df601ae46d5bf80ce4eb3993add0.jpg

True, it’s not listed as an official perk, yet it is. I don’t make things up nor spread misinformation.

The terms and conditions are what govern the program (and are subject to change at any time, anyway). Individual ships can do as they please, but isn't binding on others, and likewise subject to change at any time.

The terms and conditions are what govern the program (and are subject to change at any time, anyway). Individual ships can do as they please, but isn't binding on others, and likewise subject to change at any time.

It's been that way for a long time. Early cabin access isn't included online either yet it is still a perk (for now). Is that at the discretion of the individual ship as well? I think not.

It's been that way for a long time. Early cabin access isn't included online either yet it is still a perk (for now). Is that at the discretion of the individual ship as well? I think not.

I suggest you read the T&C.

I will add no program is sustainable without change and leave it at that.

I suggest you read the T&C.

I will add no program is sustainable without change and leave it at that.

I did. And it still doesn't say anything about first access to the cabin for Platinums or even Diamonds for that matter yet it is still a perk.

Bottom line is the tender part is in writing whether or not it's in the T&C online. Nowhere does it say anything about bringing people with at embarkation as OP claims they thought they saw. They wouldn't let my mom come with me and were strict about checking people's boarding passes. So if there's no "Priority" on the boarding pass, they will not be allowed to board early.

I did. And it still doesn't say anything about first access to the cabin for Platinums or even Diamonds for that matter yet it is still a perk.

Bottom line is the tender part is in writing whether or not it's in the T&C online. Nowhere does it say anything about bringing people with at embarkation as OP claims they thought they saw. They wouldn't let my mom come with me and were strict about checking people's boarding passes. So if there's no "Priority" on the boarding pass, they will not be allowed to board early.

It really depends on who's in charge at the embarkation ports. You could flip a coin it could go either way.

Bottom line is what you posted is something someone received on a ship once upon a time. The T&C is a living document and it does change. But you will believe whatever you want to, so go ahead.

Bottom line is what you posted is something someone received on a ship once upon a time. The T&C is a living document and it does change. But you will believe whatever you want to, so go ahead.

It was ME that got it in April. So are you saying that early cabin access is no longer a perk for Diamonds and Platinums because it's not listed in the T&C?

and either

In Long Beach the keys aren’t put into the mailboxes until the last possible moment.

I'm saying I'm done and putting you on ignore.

Awesome! I'll take that as the T&C aren't completely accurate since we all know that as of right now early cabin access IS still in fact a perk for D/P even though it's not listed and we have been reassured by Carnival as such. Have a nice life!

No only the platinum cabin will board early.

My wife and I.

Sorry, the adult kids and the cousins will not be able to board with you.

When we sailed from Long Beach last year, port employees, who do not work for the cruise lines but for the port authority, were very strict about who waited where and when they could embark. There was a small VIP building, where we checked in. We chose to wait outside in the VIP roped area because the weather was so beautiful. There was a different roped section for FTTF and there were signs for Zone card numbers so people knew where to stand.