Shareholder Credit

Once you have applied for the credit, do they make sure you are still owning the shares at sailing date? It's a symbol I've been tracking to add to my portfolio anyways. I assume buying options won't cut it though?

No, they do not check.

Once you have applied for the credit, do they make sure you are still owning the shares at sailing date? It's a symbol I've been tracking to add to my portfolio anyways. I assume buying options won't cut it though?

Once Carnival applies the shareholder credit to your booking, there is no further action or follow-up on their part.

Yes you have to submit a copy of your broker statement (w/acct # blacked out) along with the shareholder credit request. The statement has to be within six months of sailing.

I have submitted for multiple cruises on 1 request, some more than 6 months out, and received the OBC.

I have submitted for multiple cruises on 1 request, some more than 6 months out, and received the OBC.

I have done same, but on last request they asked that I send a statement less than six months old. Guess it depends on who receives the request.

Correct. You have to own the stock itself, not just an option.

Thanks folks, really been tracking this symbol lately. Not sure that I necessarily plan on keeping it in my portfolio long-term if I buy it but would definitely buy enough to qualify for the OBC for a few of us....assuming it hits the right price when I think it will.

Thanks folks, really been tracking this symbol lately. Not sure that I necessarily plan on keeping it in my portfolio long-term if I buy it but would definitely buy enough to qualify for the OBC for a few of us....assuming it hits the right price when I think it will.

You only get 1 credit per shareholder per cabin per cruise, even if 2 people in the cabin each own 100 shares.

Yeah I did see that, but if I put the shares in my sons' names they should get them still right? We have three cabins.

If they have their own stock accounts (if they are in your account it doesn't count), and you are each in different cabins, then yes you would get three credits.

If they have their own stock accounts (if they are in your account it doesn't count), and you are each in different cabins, then yes you would get three credits.

Yeah that's not a problem. They have accounts already (which I manage) so no big deal.

Is there any place in the Cruise Manager to see if shareholder OBC has been applied? I don't sail on Carnival often and am not as familiar with their system (on Princess, it's easy to find :) )

You should find your OBC in the cruise documents. There is a page with the booking #, cost, etc. Your OBC should be there.

What's the amount of the credit and does it increase based on number of shares owned?

You must own 100 shares before booking. For a 7 day cruise, you receive $100. For less than 6 days, $50. There is a table for cruises greater than 7 days.

No extra credit for over 100 shares.

You must own 100 shares before booking. For a 7 day cruise, you receive $100. For less than 6 days, $50. There is a table for cruises greater than 7 days.

No extra credit for over 100 shares.

Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to our shareholders:NORTH AMERICABRANDSCONTINENTALEUROPEBRANDSUNITED KINGDOMBRANDSAUSTRALIABRANDSOnboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $250 €200 £150 A$250Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days US $100 € 75 £ 60 A$100Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $ 50 € 40 £ 30 A$ 50The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2019 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receivethese benefits should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date.This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agent