How to have gift bags in cabins?

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises
Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:11 AM.
1 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Hello Cruise People!
Mother of the Bride here....I have a question? We are doing a destination wedding in Cozumel via sailing on the Carnival Valor. I called Carnival the other day and asked about having bags waiting in cabins prior to guest arrival and the lady acted like she had no idea what I was talking about and basically told me there was no way to make that happen. Is this correct? Have any of you had success with making this happen? If so how??
13 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
I'm doing the wedding on board and as per my wedding planner, she can arrange for someone to come pick up the bags (which will be in average sized plastic bin containers) when we arrive at the port. I'm going to label all the bags with the room numbers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wedding Cruise 2018!
Edmonton, Alberta
287 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Originally posted by sarahd2108
Hello Cruise People!
Mother of the Bride here....I have a question? We are doing a destination wedding in Cozumel via sailing on the Carnival Valor. I called Carnival the other day and asked about having bags waiting in cabins prior to guest arrival and the lady acted like she had no idea what I was talking about and basically told me there was no way to make that happen. Is this correct? Have any of you had success with making this happen? If so how??

If you are paying for the Cozumel wedding thru Carnival - contact your wedding planner on board.

If you have hired a wedding planner from the Island , my suggestion is to purchase Faster to the Fun - have all of your guests cabin #'s and speak with the room steward at each floor location. I'm sure they will help.

At least, I hope ! I too am the mother of the bride and have planned a wedding in Grand Cayman in April with a private planner there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Lirica - December 2007, Bahamas, St.Martin, Dominican R.
MSC Lirica - December 2008, San Juan, Cayman Islands, Bahamas
Carnival Destiny - January 2009, Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Cayman Islands
RCCL Mariner - January 2010,Memory of 'Fred' Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas
Celebrity Millennium - January 2011, San Juan, St.Croix, St.Kitts, Dominca, St.Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Curacao, Aruba
Carnival Freedom - February 2012, Mother/Daughter cruise! Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios
Carnival Liberty - January 2013, Cruisin with the Carters'!Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Cayman Islands
Celebrity Reflection - January 2013, San Juan, St.Maarten, St.Kitts
Norwegian Pride of America - January 2014, 25th Wedding Anniversary Cruise! Honolulu, Maui. Kona, Hilo, Kauai
Carnival Sunshine - December 2014, Nassau, San Juan, St.Thomas, Turks & Caicos
RCCL Navigator of the Seas - January 2016 - Cayman Islands, Falmouth Jamaica, Labadee Haiti
RCCl Oasis of the Seas - January 2016, Nassau, St.Thomas, St.Maarten
Carnival Splendor - December 2017, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
Carnival Vista - April 2018,WeddingCruise! Ocho Rios, Cayman Islands, Cozumel

Alabama
11 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
I wanted to do the same thing for my wedding in Freeport via the Carnival Pride but was told there would be a fee associated for the bag delivery and they couldn't guarantee they would be in the rooms before the guests arrived to their staterooms. That said, my fiancé and I decided we would just hand deliver ours and personally thank each of our guests for joining us at the same time.
Milford, CT
268 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by HeatherRenee112
I wanted to do the same thing for my wedding in Freeport via the Carnival Pride but was told there would be a fee associated for the bag delivery and they couldn't guarantee they would be in the rooms before the guests arrived to their staterooms. That said, my fiancé and I decided we would just hand deliver ours and personally thank each of our guests for joining us at the same time.
That’s a great personal touch!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Live for today as tomorrow may not be yours!

Norwegian Breakaway 2/12/2017 - Time to Relax
Norwegian Gem 5/23/2015 Florida & Bahamas - Celebrate 50th B-Day!
Carnival Splendor 6/9/2014 Eastern Caribbean - VIFP Free Cabin!
Norwegian Dawn 2/9/2014 Western Caribbean - Can't get enough of the Western Caribbean!
Carnival Splendor 5/17/2013 Bahamas|Grand Turk - One more time out of NYC - no air fare required!
Norwegian Jewel 1/28/2012 Bahamas - out of NYC - no air fare required.
Carnival Legend 1/30/2011 Western Caribbean - Twice is nice
Carnival Legend 1/31-2010 Western Caribbean -1st Cruise!
Winter Garden, FL
1,035 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
I am hosting a 1 hour cocktail party for our group on embarkation night and handing them out then.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Royal Caribbean
Sovereign of the Seas - 9/06
Enchantment of the Seas - 11/07
Monarch of the Seas - 5/09
Monarch of the Seas - 4/10
Enchantment of the Seas - 12/14

Norwegian
NCL Epic 11/12
NCL Getaway 11/22/15 - 40th Birthday Party
NCL Sky 4/15/16
NCL Getaway Take 2 - 11/20/16 First Blended Family 7 night Cruise

Carnival
Carnival Liberty 4/14
Carnival Valor - 6/12/16 Graduation Cruise
Carnival Sunshine - 4/28/17 - Southern Caribbean!

Upcoming:

Carnival Conquest - Thanksgiving 2018 - Wedding Cruise!
Crown Princess - Honeymoon - Southern Caribbean Cruise 12/7
Carnival Breeze - April 2019
NCL Epic - December 2019
NCL Encore - April 2020