Charleston Port Opening Time?

Boston Mom

Just wondering if anyone knows what time the Charleston cruise port opens up.

We were just able to purchase FTTF for our August 2017 cruise and were told that we could ignore our original 12:00 boarding time and come "earlier", with FTTF passengers being called to board after the Diamond and Platinum passengers. But I wasn't sure how early that "earlier" meant - we don't want to sit around waiting forever but on the other hand we want to get our money's worth on the FTTF and get on the ship as early as we can. We are NOT parking at the port, we did a stay and park package at a local hotel so the parking issues aren't relevant to us. Any advice on arrival time for Charleston FTTF would be much appreciated!

I was coming to this board to ask the same question, sort of.

I have an 11:30 boarding time in September, but wondered if 11:00 might be and earlier time I could arrive, I can tell you 11:30 is an option for you.

I've left from Charleston, the terminal is very small. They can't start the embarkation process (security, etc.) until debarkation is finished because they use the same floor space. This means once you do start embarkation, there is no waiting to board the ship.

• 7 months later...

I wanted to ask this question. I've got FTTF for my cruise next week. The Carnival phone rep said I would be able to board at 10AM! But everything I've read so far makes it seem no one gets on before 11:30 at the Charleston port. Can anyone clear this up for me? I'd really like to get on the boat as soon as I can.

Thanks.

I wanted to ask this question. I've got FTTF for my cruise next week. The Carnival phone rep said I would be able to board at 10AM! But everything I've read so far makes it seem no one gets on before 11:30 at the Charleston port. Can anyone clear this up for me? I'd really like to get on the boat as soon as I can.

Thanks.

The last time we went out of Charleston we got an Uber from Mt. P. The Uber driver picked us up around 10:30 I want to say it was, dropped us off at the terminal, we went through security and checked in and was on lido with a drink in our hand by 11:15.