Golf Cart Rental in Victoria BC

Does anyone know if golf carts can be rented to get around Victoria from the cruise ship pier? I have very bad knees and would like to see downtown with a little freedom. I know their are electric bikes and scooters for rent, but would really like a golf cart type thing. Thanks!

Unfortunately for your request Victoria, in common with the rest of Canada, has very strict 'rules of the road' so things like Segways and Golf carts are not allowed on public sidewalks or roadways anywhere, only private land or off-road for such things.

Only powered vehicles specifically for disabled use (mobility scooter/motorized wheelchair) are allowed to share sidewalks with pedestrians in every province I'm familiar with; and even electric scooters are required to retain pedals which functionally power them (i.e. legally they are still bicycles which means bike lanes and roadways only, no sidewalk use for them either).

We actually had a test case in the courts here in BC when a local Vancouverite removed the pedals from his electric bike - he lost at every level he appealed to and had to pay the fines.

NB: you will of course see people illegally riding bikes & scooters on sidewalks, not wearing helmets etc. but there's not much that can be done on that front as it's the individual users being fined if witnessed by police rather than rental companies - but inversely preventing rental of unlawful vehicles is relatively easy, so unless you head to a local golf course, hire a cart, then drive it off the course it's dang near impossible to violate those rules;-)