Flights from the USA to Stockholm

mrstanley

We flew SAS from Newark to Stockholm - excellent flight! - This was four years ago so their airline contracts have probably changed but if this flight is offered, I would have no hesitation recommending it.

gnomie :)

We recently returned from Stockholm on an SAS flight direct into Newark Airport. Terrific flight - nice, comfortable business class seats and excellent service. We also took an SAS direct flight earlier from Newark to Copenhagen and it was the same excellent service. Highly recommend.

Looks like gnomie and I responded at exactly the same time! One note, we did deviate our air 270 days ahead of time in order to get these flights. It may be something for you to consider if direct flights are important, as the business class section of the SAS flight is not terribly large.

Another vote for SAS out of Newark. Our flight was a couple of years ago, but we loved it. At that time, the business class seats didn't quite go flat (almost), but the lovely duvet made a cozy nest...nice service....nice food. Very pleasant.

We will also be headed to Stockholm on Explorer. Unfortunately, SAS discontinued all service from SEATAC (Seattle-Tacoma) several years-ago. Two-previous experiences going back to the mid-1990s and early 2000s were great. These go back so-far that smoking was still-allowed on that 1990s flight, as I recall.

So--as we plan our current itinerary from SEATAC, it will be Delta. Have done this twice within the last five years. Top service. This is offered just-in-case you have to consider an alternative airline.

GOARMY!

NOPE! :loudcry:

Everyone would appreciate my quirky dinner outfits—-

Sorry to hear you have never had your luggage yet. You are such a positive and upbeat lady I admire how you are just so enjoying your cruise by the sound of your posts.

Continue to have a wonderful time on Navigator. Jean

When I travel overseas I use two pieces of luggage. Bag number one has 5 days of clothes. Plus my hair dryer and flatiron.

This bag fits perfectly overhead in Business Class. I check bag number 2. I have a large Longchamp tote bag that I use for my

toiletries. So....if I arrive and bag number 2 got lost or delayed I'm good to go! I NEVER leave the USA without bag number 1.

GOARMY...we are on the August 30th cruise 2019. Are you?

NOPE! :loudcry:

Everyone would appreciate my quirky dinner outfits—-

It is probably sitting at EWR and they’ll deliver it to your home. This is a lesson to all of us that we don’t need a lot of clothes to enjoy our cruise. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

mrstanley:

Yes, wife and I will be at Stockholm a few days early; then transfer to the Regent hotel (Sheraton Stockholm, at this point) before that August 30th boarding. We are doing a btb, so will remain onboard at London for the next segment to Scotland and Ireland, before debarking at Southampton.

GOARMY!

We’re on that one out of Stockholm August 30/19 too! Let’s get a roll call started. There wasn’t one yet last time I looked. We are out of Calgary, AB Canada to Stockholm and I’m just waiting for airlines to post their Aug/19 schedules so we can choose our preferred deviation. We are also going into Stockholm early, by 2-3 days.

We’re on that one out of Stockholm August 30/19 too! Let’s get a roll call started. There wasn’t one yet last time I looked. We are out of Calgary, AB Canada to Stockholm and I’m just waiting for airlines to post their Aug/19 schedules so we can choose our preferred deviation. We are also going into Stockholm early, by 2-3 days.

We had good flights booked to Stockholm out of YVR last year. Unfortunately we had to cancel the cruise due to DH's health. For the return flight the best option for us was through YYC and they let us have that flight without any extra fee for getting off at YYC. We live in the BC interior so it doesn't matter to us if we fly into YYC or YVR as either way we have another flight home.

Good luck with getting the flights you want. We are hoping to re-book this itinerary for 2020 as we already have a cruised booked for 2019.

I’ve been looking at the ITA Matrix site, and it’s so much easier to search flights there than the usual (whoever posted that tip, thanks!). Right now looks like best option is KLM via AMS, but other possibles are AC/SAS via FRA. BA has a longer layover in LHR, but also a possibility. Only up to July 2019is available so far, but that’s close enough to get an idea of next summer’s schedules for August. Return from London (LHR) is easy, a straight run on AC or BA to Calgary.

Oh wow, how awful it took so long! I wouldn’t have been nearly as nice about it, I can’t just find new clothes anywhere, I’m hard to fit, so I’d be devastated! I’ll definitely be splitting our clothes into separate bags and putting some into a carry-on.

Reference an earlier entry as to getting from SEATAC to Stockholm. Upon further reflection, and checking-in with our TA, we will be taking a United flight to Chicago; relatively-short layover to ensure baggage transfer; then late evening SAS N/S to Stockholm. Arrival will be around 1230H (next day, of course). Will be First Class to Chicago; Business Class to Stockholm. (United and SAS are Star Alliance "Partners"). Access to Lounges at SEATAC and ORD to ease the relocation process.

Can confirm the above 270 days before embarkation. Past experience(s) with our TA has shown ability to work with Regent to get the flights we have requested.

GOARMY!