Pullmantur Horizon Greek Island April 23rd

fabmag

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed our Pullmantur cruise, our cabin was very comfortable and the steward worked hard. We had no idea there were so many young adults on board until the second evening sail away and boy was the pool deck crazy(which our cabin was on) however didnt bother us, we just took our drink back to our cabin and sat on the verandah-the noisy MC and music didnt bother us. Though I was a bit concerned at how many drinks they were consuming.

We went on 3 of Pullmantur excursions and every one was well organised and good value, great guides and transport. particularly liked the ports we visited-this was a much better itinerary than Royal Carribean.

The food was good and plentiful and we had interesting people on our table. Saw one show which was good , used the pool and a couple of bars.

We are now looking at another Pullmantur maybe next year in the Fjords

Definately recommend Pullmantur

• 1 month later...
Really enjoyed our Pullmantur cruise

I'm glad that you enjoyed your cruise! We are looking to book back-to-back cruises on the Horizon in April of 2019. I was looking at balcony cabins on the pool deck because my mum-in-law wouldn't have so far to walk to the pool/bar/grill but I'm rethinking that after reading your comments. Was it just that one night, a pre-planned party of some sort, or was it noisy every evening?

As to the ship's shore excursions, what were the prices like and were the excursions offered in English as well as Spanish? We want to go just to Pisa, not Pisa/Florence and I haven't found an outside company that does that so I'm thinking we may have to use the ship's tour for that one or maybe get a few more folks to share a taxi...

We were in cabin 1111 and yes most nights seemed to be festive but it didnt disturb us in the cabin, you could also book a cabin further down the corridor , I think we were the third cabin down so you could head closer to the back of the ship by a few cabins. We enjoyed being so close to the bar and the buffet for early morning tea and coffee. The excursions were very good and all in English sometimes with Spanish as well, the buss/ were comfortable and tours interesting, we did some days on our own and took 4 of the Pullmantur tours and I dont think they could have been improved on in any way. We are now saving up for the Norwegian Fjords, but as the flights are so expensive it will probably have to be 2020. Have a lovely time

• 2 weeks later...
We were in cabin 1111 and yes most nights seemed to be festive but it didnt disturb us in the cabin, you could also book a cabin further down the corridor

Thanks again for the information! We've booked cabin 1007, which is still close to the pool/grill area but might be a bit quieter.

One more question for you (for now, anyway!) - I've read that Pullmantur doesn't use the regular cruise port in Piraeus, but one that is quite a distance away. I think my cruise on the Orient Queen sailed from the same place a few years ago but they provided a shuttle and I remember it was quite a drive. Did you by any chance take a taxi into Athens from there? We're wondering about the cost...

We seemed to be in the main port area but not sure as this was the first time visit. Yes we took a taxi from Athens and also same company from cruise to Airport, it was a company I found on trip adviser and I gave them a good review as we used them 3 times but I cannot remember the name. We also did online checkin so didnt have to join the huge queue just gave them our details and showed them our printed at home bagtags , handed the cases over and walked onto the ship-so easy.

We had a slight delay for luggage to be delivered to cabin so had lunch and organised wifi etc.

Have a brilliant time

• 1 month later...
We seemed to be in the main port area but not sure as this was the first time visit. Yes we took a taxi from Athens and also same company from cruise to Airport, it was a company I found on trip adviser and I gave them a good review as we used them 3 times but I cannot remember the name. We also did online checkin so didnt have to join the huge queue just gave them our details and showed them our printed at home bagtags , handed the cases over and walked onto the ship-so easy.

We had a slight delay for luggage to be delivered to cabin so had lunch and organised wifi etc.

Have a brilliant time

We sailed ***** the Zenith recently, which is the sister ship to the Horizon, and are booked on the Horizon for a cruise this fall. Could you please tell us if the Horizon provided tissues/Kleenex in the bathrooms and if you were able to flush toilet paper in the toilets?

We are asking because we did not get tissues on the Zenith (but a bottle of bubbly a day and sometimes two), and we were advised not to flush toilet paper down the toilet even though we had a so called "Royal" suite.