Steakhouse favorites

briehon

I've probably had 20+ Carnival Steakhouse meals, which gave me the opportunities to try most of the offerings. I've never had a bad meal or menu selection , and only once had poor service. My fav is a medium rare 9 oz Filet Mignon with a peppercorn sauce. On the new menus, one can choose a salt flavoring to help sear the meat on the outside.

Whatever you decide will probably be excellent. JMO.

We did the Steakhouse last week on the Vista.

Nice Breads....

My wife had the French Onion, Filet, Broccoli & Mashed.

I had Caesar Salad ( one of the best I ever had)

Tiger Shrimp Cocktail ( Much larger then the Dining Room "shrimps")

Surf and Turf ,

Lobster was considerably larger then Elegant Night Lobster and much more tender, the Turf was a smaller version of my wife's Filet.

Had Mashed and Broccoli.

(If I had to do over again knowing now, I would ask for a regular size Filet with my Lobster.)

Desert we did not go for the Art of the table, we saw the presentation on a few tables around us, although nice presentation was not appealing to us, we both opted for Ice Cream :-) Server asked twice, you just want ice cream .. yes please, OH what the heck make it a scoop of Vanilla and Chocolate.

Great service and food was good.

We had YTD and we ordered the Steakhouse Filet one night in the dining room and it was excellent ( $20.00 per), well worth it.

Took a few extra Minutes but worth the wait.

Don't recall Cheesecake or I am sure my wife would have ordered it...

Dinner was just about 2 hours from beginning to end, 5:30 to 7:30

Edited by thesmiths

Nice Breads....

Surf and Turf ,

Lobster was considerably larger then Elegant Night Lobster and much more tender, the Turf was a smaller version of my wife's Filet.

Had Mashed and Broccoli.

(If I had to do over again knowing now, I would ask for a regular size Filet with my Lobster.)

Desert we did not go for the Art of the table, we saw the presentation on a few tables around us, although nice presentation was not appealing to us, we both opted for Ice Cream :-) Server asked twice, you just want ice cream .. yes please, OH what the heck make it a scoop of Vanilla and Chocolate.

We had YTD and we ordered the Steakhouse Filet one night in the dining room and it was excellent ( $20.00 per), well worth it.

Nice review. It sounds like you had new menu (art of table) and cheesecake was old menu.

can you tell us more about the salt menu?

After they know what you ordered, ( Steak choice) they walk around with what looks like a cigar humidor, Small wooden Box with partitions of various types of salts.

They said the Chef recommends X type and that is what we went with, all around us went with the recommendation as well.

Forget what the recommendation was and the various types.

After perusing the menu, there would be no way to choose! Help! What are your favorites? I’m normally a ribeye girl but the ones offered are so big! Tell me your favorite apps and desserts too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Onion soup, filet mignon with baked potato.....to die for!! Had the steak medium and was perfect. Best I've ever had! Just got off the sunshine today and they had the cheesecake!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

can you tell us more about the salt menu?

Can't remember them, but there were at least 6 different seasonings, maybe 8.

Some were mostly salt (white) seasoning, a couple were brownish ( some spices in it).

We also went with chef's choice. Very good!

Nice Breads....

Surf and Turf ,

Had Mashed and Broccoli.

hi, nice review so to clarify I can order the filet as regular size with my lobster? if so thanks so much for the info, I can't wait. 66 days to go til Horizon.

hi, nice review so to clarify I can order the filet as regular size with my lobster? if so thanks so much for the info, I can't wait. 66 days to go til Horizon.

Just ask for the regular size when ordering surf and turf..

Enjoy!