Amex - American Express offer - $75 off on $350 spent July 2018

LMaxwell

I said I would prefer the credit to post before my statement closing date and they said to call about 3 days prior to that. For me that is this friday. So I will be calling on friday if I don't see anything by then.

Thanks Tonyhb12

Does typing your onboard expense to this offer work? I’ve gotten the offer but sail the 29th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume you mean charging your Onboard expense and yes it should work since it charges as Carnival

Does typing your onboard expense to this offer work? I’ve gotten the offer but sail the 29th

No, onboard S&S charges show up differently from payments for reservations. I didn't get the offer so don't have the full terms and conditions, but the excerpts at the beginning of the thread say the offer is for "qualifying reservations". When I was able to add the prior WLCL offers to my AmEx, they had similar verbiage. Only payments for new or existing reservations billed by Carnival Reservations qualified. Pre-cruise Fun Shop and excursion purchases and onboard S&S charges all show up differently from reservation payments and will not trigger the offer.

My cruise is fully paid, can I use this offer to prepay my gratuities? Will that work ? It's an 8 day Horizon cruise for 4 people, it comes out to a little over $400.

Yes it would cover the Gratuities.

New offer on both my cards this morning. Woohoo! Time to pay down 2019 cruise a little bit and reap the savings. Check your Amex account and add the offer.

Thanks for sharing! I had not used my AMEX for years and thanks to two threads on here, I have saved $175 on my upcoming cruise. This time my cruise was fully paid, but I pre-paid gratuities and received the offer.

I thought I'd update this thread. It doesn't appear to work if you are only paying for Cheers ($418). I added to AMEX OFFER list weeks ago and paid at Carnival.com. I read the language carefully and it was very unclear from this attorney's perspective for pre-cruise payments but my cruise is coming up in 3 weeks so I gave it a try. No longer a pending charge at AMEX so I did a CHAT with AMEX representative today to see if I got the credit and they say its not covered.

Edited by Stallion

I thought I'd update this thread. It doesn't appear to work if you are only paying for Cheers ($418). I added to AMEX OFFER list weeks ago and paid at Carnival.com. I read the language carefully and it was very unclear from this attorney's perspective for pre-cruise payments but my cruise is coming up in 3 weeks so I gave it a try. No longer a pending charge at AMEX so I did a CHAT with AMEX representative today to see if I got the credit and they say its not covered.

I believe this is because Cheers is charged through the Fun Shops and the Fun Shops' charges show up differently than regular Carnival reservation charges.

What about buying a gift card online? I bought one and it just says carnival.com....how can they tell it was a gift card?

The charge for the reservation show up as Carnival RSRV or something similar like that. Based on what I have heard, gift card will not work.

What about buying a gift card online? I bought one and it just says carnival.com....how can they tell it was a gift card?

As mentioned, if the charge does not come through to Amex from "Carnival Cruise Line RSVR", it won't be recognized by Amex as valid for the offer.

I still have yet to see my credit (got the email, had the offer added). It's been 1 month. Technically, they have 90 days. It has never taken this long. Luckily for me, AMEX gave me a separate statement credit due to loyalty and is letting me keep the credit (if and when if comes through).

I'd like to use this on my other AMEX card soon as the offer expires on 7/31, but this has left me a little hesitant. Has anybody else had this issue?? Like I said, it has never taken more than 2-3 days max. I did add the offer and I did get the confirmation email immediately.

Just used the offer to prepaid my gratuities on my 8 day Horizon cruise. Got the email from AMEX right away that said Congrats on using the offer. Wished there was a way I could use it on my other two AMEX cards. My cruise is fully paid and I have a few hundred in OBC already.

What would happen if I’ve already paid prepaid gratuity on my 3 rooms..if I take it off will it credit my card and then I can use a different card to pay for them and redeem the offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...