Oman Day tours

anita75

We just returned from Muscat, Oman (Celebrity Constellation - November 2017) where we used Sunshine Tours. Mohammed organized the half day tour and Ibrahim was our guide and driver. It was an excellent tour and we highly recommend them. Ibrahim was flexible, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and provided a great experience. It was obvious he loved his country and city. We always try to use local tour companies and have visited over 130 countries and this was one of the best tours we've experienced.

• 5 weeks later...

We are also using Sunshine for our visit in April. They get very nice reviews and I appreciated the personalized informative responses I have received from them. I had also communicated with Oman Day Tours. Both companies have great reviews.

• 2 months later...
I have been dealing with Oman Day Tours for our upcoming Nautica cruise. We wanted to get out of Muscat and it is hard to know what is possible when you don't know the area. Oman Day Tours were excellent to deal with initially on the web. Their live chat was very helpful. Lobna and Sarah did a great job of guiding me through my choices and answering my myriad of questions. We finally settled for the half day tour of Nakhl Rustaq and then we have been able to add in two hour tour of Muscat. We were sad we didn't have time to go on a full day tour to Nizwa (the ships are not always in the ports long enough!) but what Oman Day Tours has put together looks to be an interesting tour giving us a real sense of Oman rather than just looking at Muscat. Their prices are good and their communication by email was answered promptly. The only criticism is that I sometimes had to ask more than once to get the full details of the information I was needing in order to make a decision. Overall I would rate them very highly for their patience and their emphasis on working through the choices with me, and then delivering the best option possible that met what I wanted to see, within the timeframe we will have in Muscat. Well done.

Graeme and Querida

Hi from the UK! we are planning to spend 6 hours, 1000 - 1600 hrs, in Muscat on Friday 23 Novemeber whiclst cruising with Celebrity and I am much encouraged by your comments on Oman Day Tours. Did it all work out as well as you hoped? We are planning to get out of Muyscat for that time and to attempt to get to Nizwa if at all possible! My home email address is revnickbell@gmail.com and my Criuse Critic name is NickoB. Manmy thanks and all good wishes, Nick Bell

Graeme and Querida

Hi from the UK! we are planning to spend 6 hours, 1000 - 1600 hrs, in Muscat on Friday 23 Novemeber whiclst cruising with Celebrity and I am much encouraged by your comments on Oman Day Tours. Did it all work out as well as you hoped? We are planning to get out of Muyscat for that time and to attempt to get to Nizwa if at all possible! My home email address is revnickbell@gmail.com and my Criuse Critic name is NickoB. Manmy thanks and all good wishes, Nick Bell

Unless a trip to Nizwa (really nice fort!) is offered as a ships tour, forget it. Nizwa as 170 km from the port. It takes AT LEAST 1.5 hrs in good traffic each way. Too much can go pear shaped on the road. As good as the roads are, traffic can be horrendous, especially the first 20 km around the port.

We just returned from Muscat, Oman (Celebrity Constellation - November 2017) where we used Sunshine Tours. Mohammed organized the half day tour and Ibrahim was our guide and driver. It was an excellent tour and we highly recommend them. Ibrahim was flexible, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and provided a great experience. It was obvious he loved his country and city. We always try to use local tour companies and have visited over 130 countries and this was one of the best tours we've experienced.

Hi! Greetings from U.K. We are doing the same trip this coming November. Your trip sounds good. Where did Ibrahim take you in the 6 hours that we have on shore? Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi ,

We are on the Celebrity Constellation sailing from Abu Dhabi on January 5, 2019 .

We are interested in the Wadi Shab day tour through Oman Tours on January 8th . We are looking for 2 or 4 people to join us .

http://www.omandaytours.com/detail.php?t=MjEtV2FkaS1TaGFiLSg0V0QpLUNvYXN0YWwtVHJlay06TXVzY2F0LVRvdXJzLmh0bWw=

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We are Hilde and Colin Alter.  We are travelling on the Azamara Quest from October 31-December 10, 2019.  We are planning to book excursions with Oman Day Tours.

On the cruise from November 12-November 29,  We will book Wahabi Sands and Wadi Bani Khalid Desert Safari, on the cruise from November 29-December 10, we will book Jabi Shams with Nizwa for tours and sightseeing for the December 1 full day and Muscat City Tour-Half Day-Mystic Muscat for December 2.  We are looking for another couple to join us on all or any of these adventures.  If you are interested you can contact me at hildealter at gmail dot com.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:56 AM, Herb44 said:

We are Hilde and Colin Alter.  We are travelling on the Azamara Quest from October 31-December 10, 2019.  We are planning to book excursions with Oman Day Tours.

On the cruise from November 12-November 29,  We will book Wahabi Sands and Wadi Bani Khalid Desert Safari, on the cruise from November 29-December 10, we will book Jabi Shams with Nizwa for tours and sightseeing for the December 1 full day and Muscat City Tour-Half Day-Mystic Muscat for December 2.  We are looking for another couple to join us on all or any of these adventures.  If you are interested you can contact me at hildealter at gmail dot com.

Hilde, you might want to re-post this on the roll call for your specific cruise.

We used Oman Day Tours on our recent Nautica cruise and were happy.

14 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Hilde, you might want to re-post this on the roll call for your specific cruise.

We used Oman Day Tours on our recent Nautica cruise and were happy.

That is the plan.  We will be in Oman (Muscat) on two consecutive cruises and I will post on both of them.  thank you

• 3 weeks later...

We had a very good experience with Oman tours until it took longer than they thought to return to the ship and we almost missed it. We were the last ones to board, and were late. Thank goodness the ship was still there. Needless to say, we were quite anxious as did not want to be stuck in Oman!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you book the tours because of the guides knowledge?I was looking for things to do in muscat and were told that we can have a taxi for 3/4 hours taking us to where we want to go for less than we pay using tours.Are the main diference the guide knowledge? if yes i don't mind to pay more  than we will pay to a taxi driver.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We used Oman Day Tours out of Salalah Oman this past March.  Just want to give everyone a heads up that the city not walking distance from the port and the local taxi drivers charge a lot to get to town.  We had a tour booked but we heard from several folks that the only way into town from the port was a cab and they were charging USD$40 one way into town.  We were able to book a tour that lasted 5 hours for UD$60 a person for 3 people in a private vehicle. We found Oman Day Tours to be excellent during our planning process with prompt responses to email inquiries. The only glitch was that our tour guide was supposed to meet us at the ship but he did not have the correct paperwork. Several representatives of the company did meet the ship and quickly made arrangements for us to get a ride to the port gate to meet our guide Alli. Alli spoke excellent English and gave us a wonderful tour of the area providing plenty of time for us to take photos at each stop. He was very personable and we spent the time riding in the car discussing many issues and laughing at his jokes. He made every effort to position our vehicle for the best photo shot if we were unable to get out of the vehicle. Would definitely tour with them again.

• 4 weeks later...

We are cruising on the Oceania Nautica this December and are looking for people who are interested in this excursion. 

Jebel Shams (Day trip) 4 WD The Grand Canyon of Oman :Muscat Tours: .
Itinerary can be viewed on their website and price will depend on numbers, but is $165 USD for just the 2 of us.