Great Stirrup Cay Cabana

BandM

Getting ready for our 10th overall cruise and 4th on NCL, cruising with friends that have never cruised before. Took advantage of the 10% off we receive on excursions and booked the large cabana for our beach day. It’s definently a splurge but it can get hot on the beach after a few hours and figured it would be special to do. Anyone have any cabana experience????

Booked one for a group of friends over New Year 2017 and honestly it was amazing! Just having a space where you can sit in the shade, chat drink and relax together made our day magical. I have nothing but fond memories, our food was great and the bar service excellent. I say get it booked, sure you won’t regret it!

We booked today, super excited!! What is the food voucher for? We already have the beverage package, is there food other than the bbq? It says it comes with a $50 food/beverage voucher.

We just had a large cabana booked this past week that we didn't get to use, since we skipped the port. HOWEVER, I did get to fill out the order form for the cabana. The $50 credit comes with a list of different food and beverages that will be brought directly to the cabana around 11:45. My memory of the food platters was charcuterie ($24), shrimp (2#, $19), sushi ($19) and fruit ($19). You could also order bottles of liquor to be delivered, as well as single bottles of wine or bottles of beer by the dozen.

We just had a large cabana booked this past week that we didn't get to use, since we skipped the port. HOWEVER, I did get to fill out the order form for the cabana. The $50 credit comes with a list of different food and beverages that will be brought directly to the cabana around 11:45. My memory of the food platters was charcuterie ($24), shrimp (2#, $19), sushi ($19) and fruit ($19). You could also order bottles of liquor to be delivered, as well as single bottles of wine or bottles of beer by the dozen.

Well this sound pretty great! Sorry you missed it :( I assume there was no issue regarding your refund?

Getting ready for our 10th overall cruise and 4th on NCL, cruising with friends that have never cruised before. Took advantage of the 10% off we receive on excursions and booked the large cabana for our beach day. It’s definently a splurge but it can get hot on the beach after a few hours and figured it would be special to do. Anyone have any cabana experience????

Can I ask how/why you received the 10% off? Do you know if you can use the $50 port credit towards the cost of the cabana? Would this be in addition to the $50 food credit.

I'm toying with booking a small cabana for myself and my two adult kids, as we do not like to bake in the sun, but we also like to sometimes be "part of the party"... how far away are the cabanas from the action?

I've also heard some mention of a "special" area for Haven guests. Does anyone have any details? I wonder if this would negate the need for a cabana?

Thanks for any help!

Can I ask how/why you received the 10% off? Do you know if you can use the $50 port credit towards the cost of the cabana? Would this be in addition to the $50 food credit.

I'm toying with booking a small cabana for myself and my two adult kids, as we do not like to bake in the sun, but we also like to sometimes be "part of the party"... how far away are the cabanas from the action?

I've also heard some mention of a "special" area for Haven guests. Does anyone have any details? I wonder if this would negate the need for a cabana?

Thanks for any help!

Although we have not been yet, I can answer some of your questions.

The Haven area is not open yet. I have heard conflicting reports -- anywhere from March to a year or more.

The 10% discount is a status discount.

And the $50 shore excursion credit can be used. We booked ours over the phone and were told that we would receive $50 refundable on board credit on our account. This is in addition to the food and beverage credit.

Thanks for the pictures.

In the picture of the large cabana, there are only 2 loungers shown. Do you remember if there were others that aren't captured in the picture? If so, how many loungers in total?

Large

5697f3347da88ce5da0cfc29b48642e6.jpg

Small

a997423842a192485dcb994b98ac62ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. I booked a large cabana with the $50 excursion credit. You must call the excursions line to book and use credit (can’t book online). One interesting point is the credit is applied on ship so there is no prepayment for excursions when using the credit and calling...or at least that’s how it worked for all of my ports. Nice flexibility and delayed payment As for availability, I heard the same but large are still an option on our escape cruise 6 weeks out. Never saw the small cabanas offered on line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Although we have not been yet, I can answer some of your questions.

The Haven area is not open yet. I have heard conflicting reports -- anywhere from March to a year or more.

The 10% discount is a status discount.

And the $50 shore excursion credit can be used. We booked ours over the phone and were told that we would receive $50 refundable on board credit on our account. This is in addition to the food and beverage credit.

Thanks so much for the information!

I called to reserve a small cabana but was concerned about the weather. I was told I could cancel 48 hours prior to arriving at GSC and not be charged. The cabanas do sell out.

What happens if the ship cannot tender to GSC and you have already booked a cabana? Do you get a reimbursement on your credit card?

The cabanas are great! Yes, book early, as they definitely sell out. Not sure how reimbursement works if you skip GSC, but I'd assume it's OBC (I paid for the cirque show ahead of time with credit card, but when it was cancelled, they gave me OBC instead of reimbursing my credit card).

The large cabanas include:

-big sectional sofa

-two loungers

-two club chairs

-a hammock outside

-a shower in the back (great for washing post-beach sand off your feet)

-four floating mats

-food credit (we got charcuterie and shrimp - so good)

-mini fridge (we kept it stocked up with beer that we requested when we got there, as we all had the UBP)

-towels (no need to lug any off the ship)

-ceiling fan, which helped with the heat

Also worth mentioning that it's considered an excursion, so you get priority tender. This is a fantastic way to make the most of your day.

With the UBP, we had the waiter bringing us an endless stream of drinks for our group. They also offered to bring us food from the buffet, but we opted to get our own so we could wander and check out the rest of the island.

If you like music and are planning on bringing a speaker on the ship, bring it to the island for your cabana. This is the one thing we regretted leaving behind, and will remember for next time. There are several outlets in the cabana, so you can charge your cameras/phones if need be.

Ultimately, GSC was our favourite of the six ports we visited. The cabana played a huge part in this!

Best purchase ever!! We have done a Small Cabana and it was a lifesaver. you are close to the bar, and bathroom, and of course the BEACH! Enjoy every minute!

Best purchase ever!! We have done a Small Cabana and it was a lifesaver. you are close to the bar, and bathroom, and of course the BEACH! Enjoy every minute!

Well now I need one.. .lol! I'll call to reserve one, particularly knowing that it can be cancelled should we not make it to the port or if the weather is iffy. Thanks everyone for the great info!

We’re really looking forward to it, this will be our 3rd trip to GSC and it can get hot on the beach! It’s nice to do something special and 2017 was a crappy year, gotta live alittle;p

The cabanas are great! Yes, book early, as they definitely sell out. Not sure how reimbursement works if you skip GSC, but I'd assume it's OBC (I paid for the cirque show ahead of time with credit card, but when it was cancelled, they gave me OBC instead of reimbursing my credit card).

The large cabanas include:

-big sectional sofa

-two loungers

-two club chairs

-a hammock outside

-a shower in the back (great for washing post-beach sand off your feet)

-four floating mats

-food credit (we got charcuterie and shrimp - so good)

-mini fridge (we kept it stocked up with beer that we requested when we got there, as we all had the UBP)

-towels (no need to lug any off the ship)

-ceiling fan, which helped with the heat

Also worth mentioning that it's considered an excursion, so you get priority tender. This is a fantastic way to make the most of your day.

With the UBP, we had the waiter bringing us an endless stream of drinks for our group. They also offered to bring us food from the buffet, but we opted to get our own so we could wander and check out the rest of the island.

If you like music and are planning on bringing a speaker on the ship, bring it to the island for your cabana. This is the one thing we regretted leaving behind, and will remember for next time. There are several outlets in the cabana, so you can charge your cameras/phones if need be.

Ultimately, GSC was our favourite of the six ports we visited. The cabana played a huge part in this!

So, it’s a priority tender??? I can bring the other 4 with us that are sharing even though I paid for it?

We loved the small cabana for our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 college-age kids). It was nice having waiter service for the bars, particularly because they were pretty crowded with 2 ships that day. The $50 food credit was a good bonus; it was nice to have something to nibble on during the day without a trip to the restaurant. The floats were right there, which was nice, and there were extra beach towels already in the cabana. Definitely worth it to us.

What happens if the ship cannot tender to GSC and you have already booked a cabana? Do you get a reimbursement on your credit card?

This happened to me the last time I had GSC as a port stop - the cost of the pre-booked cabana was credited to my on board account instead of the credit card used to book it. That being said, I’ve had both a small and a large cabana there previously and won’t do GSC any other way! :D

• 6 months later...