SINGLEs Over 55

bobbi3

• 3 weeks later...

I have read all this thread (which it appears dates back many years now) with lots of interest and humour. I am about to embark on my first cruise in Sept from Singapore and although I have convinced a married work colleague (whom I barely know) to share my cabin for cost reasons (lucky her hubby doesn't mind me stealing her!!) i am still hoping that there will be some singles meet & greet sessions.

I am 50+ and have wanted to cruise for many years and now the kids are (almost) grown and stretching their wings i am ready and plan to do more but will need to find the ships that dont charge a fortune for solo's!!

The advice given thru this thread has been marvellous and much appreciated.

Shame almost all of you are in US and too far for me to join you on cruises....maybe one day i will 'cross the oceans'.:)

cheers Deb

• 2 months later...
Well I'm single, male and 55 and cruising on March 12th 2016 a 21 day Panama Canal on the Westerdam. Looks like a great cruise with a lot of stops.

I never cruises on HAL, I definitely want to try it. I am in my late 30s, but Carnival and NCL just does not do it for me, I prefer to be around much older crowd, that are more quitter and calmer.

I never cruises on HAL, I definitely want to try it. I am in my late 30s, but Carnival and NCL just does not do it for me, I prefer to be around much older crowd, that are more quitter and calmer.

I myself broke my neck when I was 15 years old a sophomore in high school other than that issue I'm a good guy. I'll take 2 caregivers with me and am thinking of asking my mother again. I took her last year on her first/only cruise and she loved it. This looks to be a great cruise.

Have some great cruises, email if you wish. Thank you, Randy

I myself broke my neck when I was 15 years old a sophomore in high school other than that issue I'm a good guy. I'll take 2 caregivers with me and am thinking of asking my mother again. I took her last year on her first/only cruise and she loved it. This looks to be a great cruise.

Have some great cruises, email if you wish. Thank you, Randy

Enjoy your cruise Randy

• 4 weeks later...
Why doesn't someone take the reigns find something interesting and let's all go on a cruise maybe 1st week in Nov or 2nd week? or 1st week in Dec?

well, its a little late now...but I'm going on a singles hosted cruise the dec. 5th!

• 2 months later...

Went solo on getaway dec 2015 had s great time now looking for another in April or May? Any good deals? May other solos on getaway never ate dinner alone! I'm already booked getaway dec 2016 but want something in between suggestions appreciated

Went solo on getaway dec 2015 had s great time now looking for another in April or May? Any good deals? May other solos on getaway never ate dinner alone! I'm already booked getaway dec 2016 but want something in between suggestions appreciated

did you do one of their solo cabins?

I am over 55...don't know your Dads age... but there are several companies that have mixed ages groups as well as trips focusing on solo travelers in their 40-50--60's. VTG...Best single travel and others. When travelling with family, I've met a wonderful people through the Meet & Greet too.

But, you can only give your dad the info and then he'll decide. The hosted single trips are fun as they get everyone involved and introduce you...they are wonderful motivators for socializing. If you don't want to get involved..then you don't, there is no pressure. So I recommend that you do the research and give the results to your dad.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is full of encouraging information. My husband moved to heaven in August. I did not want to be alone Valentine's Day. So I booked a cruise out of Galveston that day. It is not a single cruise, but the people who joined the online meet and mingle thread have been welcoming. I love just meeting people and learning about them. I think I will be just fine on board and on excursions. It is just a matter of stepping out and doing something new.

This thread is full of encouraging information. My husband moved to heaven in August. I did not want to be alone Valentine's Day. So I booked a cruise out of Galveston that day. It is not a single cruise, but the people who joined the online meet and mingle thread have been welcoming. I love just meeting people and learning about them. I think I will be just fine on board and on excursions. It is just a matter of stepping out and doing something new.

Yep,

I have sailed on Royal Viking back in the day, once on NCL, once on Carnival, and 12 time son Crystal. Needless to say Crystal is my favorite even though their fares are a quite high. However their single supplement fares start at only 30% more than double stateroom and is all inclusive so by the time you tack on the 175-200% ss rate on economy-premium cruise lines, one really an afford to sail on Crystal if you just plan a bit.

I have just broken up with someone I had been seeing for 5 years(never lived together) and am personally very lonely and am not afraid to admit that here. I would love to get to know some fellow single CC members who are interested in sailing on Crystal. I try to attend the Meet and Mingle party on board.

My interests on Crystal include paddle tennis, internet, Jacuzzi, and Team Trivia. I would like to learn how to play bridge(enrichment program). I frequent the Avenue Saloon every night when Mark Farris is on board. I spend a lot of time in the spa(massages and facials)Afternoon tea in the Palm court-sometimes.

At any rate if anyone here would like to learn more about Crystal or just talk about future cruises, I am up for it :)

• 1 month later...
I know there are 55+ cruises and there are single cruises, but are there any single over 55 cruises? I want to get my dad on one.

the average age on the 40+ singles hosted cruises is the high 50s - people close to 60 yrs old......give him a cruise for a birthday present.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am alone and this is the first time I have booked this type of thing on my own. I have only just booked a river cruise to Provence with Viking River Cruises. Viking Heimdel on 11th. May. Got a fantastic deal for a cabin on my own. Admittedly it does not have a balcony! It mean going into Marseille airport and returning from Lyon airport.

Regards Lesley

• 1 month later...

I am single and will be taking solo cruises on Sept. 1, 2016 Canada/New England and Jan. 14, 2017, Southeastern Coast and Bahamas on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore, MD.

Would there be any single/solo travelers on either of these cruises? If so, please let me know.

Thank you.

Reeve

• 2 weeks later...
I am single and will be taking solo cruises on Sept. 1, 2016 Canada/New England and Jan. 14, 2017, Southeastern Coast and Bahamas on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore, MD.

Would there be any single/solo travelers on either of these cruises? If so, please let me know.

Thank you.

Reeve

If you go to the solo cruiser board, there is a solo cruiser roll call. You can post your question there.