Tight Connection - Where to Sit?

Suzanne123

I am returning from a cruise on a Delta 767 (Seattle to Detroit). I have only a 45 minute connection in DTW, and I am flying FC. There are lots of empty seats, and I am currently in 2A. I can’t determine from the Delta site where on the plane I should sit to be one of the first off. I’m only taking a purse, no carry-on. Can anyone offer advice? Thanks.

767s are always going to board/disembark from door 1L (front door, left hand side) because of the position of door 2L relative to the engines/wing. Sitting in the first seat on the "A" side is going to put you in primo position.

I am returning from a cruise on a Delta 767 (Seattle to Detroit). I have only a 45 minute connection in DTW, and I am flying FC. There are lots of empty seats, and I am currently in 2A. I can’t determine from the Delta site where on the plane I should sit to be one of the first off. I’m only taking a purse, no carry-on. Can anyone offer advice? Thanks.

Go to website seatguru there you can look up the seating configuration for your flight

DTW is a pretty decent airport for connections since there is only one terminal building (which is about 1 mile long).

Not quite. Actually, almost not at all.

The McNamara Terminal, which is the one Delta uses, actually has two parallel concourses. The A concourse is the primary one you are referring to, but there is the B/C concourse which is accessed through an underground tunnel.

In addition, there is also the north terminal which services the non-Sky Team airlines. It has several concourses.

You are right about the 1 mile part.

Not quite. Actually, almost not at all.

The McNamara Terminal, which is the one Delta uses, actually has two parallel concourses. The A concourse is the primary one you are referring to, but there is the B/C concourse which is accessed through an underground tunnel.

In addition, there is also the north terminal which services the non-Sky Team airlines. It has several concourses.

You are right about the 1 mile part.

Not quite. We recently flew into DTW from Narita (on Delta) and were taken to a Terminal A. Our connecting flight was also from Terminal A...but a the opposite end...so we used the Express train. The previous time we flew Delta through DTW (from MDR to PVR) we also flew into A and departed from A. So I guess it depends on which flights :). I agree that Delta talks a lot about the "B, C Terminal but it has never happened for us. I did look and saw that most of the Delta flight from Seattle do arrive at "A" Gates. If the OP is connecting to a MDT flight the terminal does seem to vary depending on the flight.

Hank

I’ve always had to run through that psychedelic tunnel from A to B coming in on long distance flights and then connecting to Harrisburg, but maybe this time I’ll get lucky. :)

Is there any way to know the gates involved before the actual date of departure?