Coaches from Birmingham area

amajaa

Has anyone traveled on the Cruise Connect coaches that pick up from the Crown Plaza near the NEC? Cruise Connect told me they depart between 11 and 12 noon. That seems a bit late to me.

Plus if you chose the coach will you get to depart from near the NEC or if they haven’t got enough pick ups from there will they make you go to Warwick Services or right up north of Birmingham. ( we live about 5 miles from NEC)

Also, sorry for questions, do you go straight to check out when you get there. I am still worried about the late pick up so thinking we will be late arriving.

Thanks for any info.

We occasionally take the coach from Keele and on 3 occasions it has picked up at the Crowne Plaza, our experience has been earliest 11:15 and latest 12:30 for arrival at the Crowne Plaza. It depends on the traffic on the M6 and M42, they do use the toll road so cut out some of the hold ups on the M6.

They aim to get to Southampton around 2:30 but it does depend on the traffic, they usually have a break at Warwick services.

Has anyone traveled on the Cruise Connect coaches that pick up from the Crown Plaza near the NEC? Cruise Connect told me they depart between 11 and 12 noon. That seems a bit late to me.

Plus if you chose the coach will you get to depart from near the NEC or if they haven’t got enough pick ups from there will they make you go to Warwick Services or right up north of Birmingham. ( we live about 5 miles from NEC)

Also, sorry for questions, do you go straight to check out when you get there. I am still worried about the late pick up so thinking we will be late arriving.

Thanks for any info.

I travel on the coach that comes from Glasgow Edinburgh. I get on just south of the border.

Usually hit NEC at about 12.30, it is usually the last pick up and very rarely stop after that. Scheduled arrival at Southampton is 14.00 to 14.30, usually with 15 minutes of that.

You get given the next embarkation slot upon arrival, either on the coach on the bigger ships, or have walked straight on for smaller ships.

Don't worry, especially if you are with Intercruise (P&Os official partner) you will get there in time. They do it several times a week (if not every day) they know the timings work.

Look at Eavesway Coaches they usually arrive earlier than Intercruises.

They pick up at Crown Plaza usually by 10:30.

If you are looking at the free P&O transfer,weigh up the cost of Eavesway versus taking the OBC.

Some times it's better taking the OBC and booking Eavesway separately.

Look at Eavesway Coaches they usually arrive earlier than Intercruises.

They pick up at Crown Plaza usually by 10:30.

If you are looking at the free P&O transfer,weigh up the cost of Eavesway versus taking the OBC.

Some times it's better taking the OBC and booking Eavesway separately.

I usually take a reduced OBC (about £60 down) plus free coach. Booking the coach separately costs nearly double that. Plus you do have more protection with Intercruise being the official partner.

A few years ago, a couple who had travelled on Eavesway, had one of their suitcases unloaded at the wrong ship. P&O could do very little to help as they had travelled independently. They were told if they had travelled with Intercruise they would have been given several hundred pounds worth of credit for the on board shops. And more effort would have been made to get their luggage to them. As it was their case was unloaded at Gibraltar and kept there until we visited there, on the way home.

I usually take a reduced OBC (about £60 down) plus free coach. Booking the coach separately costs nearly double that. Plus you do have more protection with Intercruise being the official partner.

A few years ago, a couple who had travelled on Eavesway, had one of their suitcases unloaded at the wrong ship. P&O could do very little to help as they had travelled independently. They were told if they had travelled with Intercruise they would have been given several hundred pounds worth of credit for the on board shops. And more effort would have been made to get their luggage to them. As it was their case was unloaded at Gibraltar and kept there until we visited there, on the way home.

Fair enough.

Travelling from just south of the border the OBC may not be the best option.

With a cheaper price closer to Southampton the difference is often,not always,in favour of Eavesway and taking the full OBC.

It has worked for me in the past boarding at Warrington,,and I know others it has worked for from Chester.

Problems also happen on Intercruises coaches,personally I have never had problems with either.

Every time I use the coach Eavesway picks me up at 07:45,,,Intercruises always picks up at 09:15,with Intercruises you will be boarding the ship last,,,P&O times it that way for the Intercruises coaches to arrive after most passengers have boarded.

JC

Fair enough.

Travelling from just south of the border the OBC may not be the best option.

With a cheaper price closer to Southampton the difference is often,not always,in favour of Eavesway and taking the full OBC.

It has worked for me in the past boarding at Warrington,,and I know others it has worked for from Chester.

Problems also happen on Intercruises coaches,personally I have never had problems with either.

Every time I use the coach Eavesway picks me up at 07:45,,,Intercruises always picks up at 09:15,with Intercruises you will be boarding the ship last,,,P&O times it that way for the Intercruises coaches to arrive after most passengers have boarded.

JC

I get picked up at 5.30am. Some on the coach have already been on board for several hours! I wouldn't want to be any earlier!

I have travelled twice with Eavesway. Once we had a 90 min detour to pick up two passengers, from a location well served with public transport and could have easily reached the next pickup point. The other time the bus broke down. Never had any trouble on Intercruise that wasn't caused by passengers or traffic, both outside the company's power to do anything about.

Thanks everyone. We normally take the car parking but thought we might try the coach. Taking the OBC isn’t an option really now especially as they have removed the tips, we used to use it for that. We struggle to use the OBC as don’t drink plus we get Forces credit which we use for odds and ends.

I have to admit I am a bit concerned about the coach now as it seems we might be standing in a car park for an hour or more if coach is delayed. Anyone know if there is anywhere to wait at the Crowne Plaza or would we just be standing in the car park may be in rain or whatever?

We travelled with Cruise Connect for the first time this year as Eavesway(our favourite) do not serve Cunard. The set off time from Hilton Park was 10.45 compared with 9.15 with Eavesway. The later start, combined with traffic hold ups, meant that we were very late, the embarkation hall was empty, we flew through the security check and were only just in time for the safety drill at 4.30.We have decided to revert back to the train and travelling down the day before, night at hotel and a relaxed start to the holiday next year.

Thanks everyone. We normally take the car parking but thought we might try the coach. Taking the OBC isn’t an option really now especially as they have removed the tips, we used to use it for that. We struggle to use the OBC as don’t drink plus we get Forces credit which we use for odds and ends.

I have to admit I am a bit concerned about the coach now as it seems we might be standing in a car park for an hour or more if coach is delayed. Anyone know if there is anywhere to wait at the Crowne Plaza or would we just be standing in the car park may be in rain or whatever?

You can wait in reception at Crown Plaza and there is a coffee-shop there should you arrive early or the coach is delayed - no problem either way. You usually have one stop at Warwick Services and do indeed arrive fairly late into Southampton. However, this usually means that most passengers have already boarded and so you proceed pretty quickly.

When we have been on coaches picking up at Crowne Plaza the waiting pasdepasse have always been inside.

I get picked up at 5.30am. Some on the coach have already been on board for several hours! I wouldn't want to be any earlier!

I have travelled twice with Eavesway. Once we had a 90 min detour to pick up two passengers, from a location well served with public transport and could have easily reached the next pickup point. The other time the bus broke down. Never had any trouble on Intercruise that wasn't caused by passengers or traffic, both outside the company's power to do anything about.

Surely if it was an official pick up point they wouldn’t have known they were going to be the only ones there. Also they probably wouldn’t have known the route the coach was taking before it got to them so wouldn’t have known the coach had to divert. So why would they volunteer to go to another pick up point.

Surely if it was an official pick up point they wouldn’t have known they were going to be the only ones there. Also they probably wouldn’t have known the route the coach was taking before it got to them so wouldn’t have known the coach had to divert. So why would they volunteer to go to another pick up point.

Of course the driver knows where they are going. Eavesway know how many passengers they are picking up. Passengers don't volunteer, they get told where the pick up is.

I've had a pick up point changed at short notice.

It is Eavesway doing, nothing to do with the passengers.

Edited by FangedRose

Of course the driver knows where they are going. Eavesway know how many passengers they are picking up. Passengers don't volunteer, they get told where the pick up is.

I've had a pick up point changed at short notice.

It is Eavesway doing, nothing to do with the passengers.

Sorry you misunderstood I was saying it wasn’t the passengers fault that you had to divert. I do realise and hope that the coach driver knows exactly where he is going.

I thought you were blaming the 2 passengers you see.

Sorry you misunderstood I was saying it wasn’t the passengers fault that you had to divert. I do realise and hope that the coach driver knows exactly where he is going.

I thought you were blaming the 2 passengers you see.

The most important thing is that the driver knows where s/he is going :D

• 2 weeks later...

When you disembark do you have to collect your luggage and take to your coach? Also do you get labels for where you will get off the coach as surely the driver has to put the luggage in some sort of order depending who is getting off first? TIA

When you disembark do you have to collect your luggage and take to your coach? Also do you get labels for where you will get off the coach as surely the driver has to put the luggage in some sort of order depending who is getting off first? TIA

Hi

You pick up your luggage in the baggage hall,,,,see the lady outside with the clipboard,,,,,tell her name and destination.

She will direct you to the correct coach,,,,,driver will put cases on by your drop off point.