9-13-18 Thursday weigh-in

mdaviswv

Morning all. Hope I didnt miss Belle’s post somewhere. Started this just in case shes MIA.

Im down couple lbs but considering where I was last week its not much of a victory. Ill keep trucking though.

Have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mike, congrats on your loss. A couple of pounds is great.

pacruise, congrats on your loss. I hope that you enjoy your cruise.

I am down 6.2 lbs. Before we do a happy dance, I will explain why such a large loss in two weeks. Last week, I was in the hospital. I had an abnormal EKG at my routine check up with my cardiologist last month. He had me do several tests that came out fine. Despite that, he had a feeling all was not right and had me go into the hospital for a cardiac catherization.

They found a small blockage and had to put in two stents. I am feeling well and I owe a great deal to the persistence of my cardiologist.

I am now below my final goal weight, but I have a feeling when I see my doctor for my follow-up, he is going to want me to lose even more.

Rose

Wow Rose, Im glad you are getting along well. Take care of yourself! You know what you’re doing if he wants you to lose more. Keep us posted.

Bon voyage pacruise and Diana! I hope you have a great time. Be safe and check in from time to time. Don’t worry about the food, you can take care of that later. [emoji6]

Hello,

Mike, thanks for starting the thread and great you lost.

Wonder where Belle is...........

I lost 1 lb. this week, that's 12 lbs. total and loose clothing! Goal will be not to gain on our cruise.

Pacruise, have a great time.

Rose, wow, I'm glad you are ok. Things like that are scary. Sounds like you have a good doctor and I'm happy they were proactive. Glad you're feeling better and congrats on the loss but wish it were under other circumstances.

We leave Monday so I'll check in over the weekend then we're gone until Oct. 27th. I'll try to check in here and there during our trip.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Diana - have a great trip. Congrats on the loss and I think we have the same goal of maintaining:)

Rose - so glad your cardiologist persisted:eek: Glad you are feeling better:)

Mike - thanks for starting the thread. Keep up the hard work - it is rarely easy but it is worth it. Celebrate the small wins:cool:

Hoping everyone else is well. Back to finishing packing:D

Congrats to all of the "losers".

Happy cruising to those heading out!

Rose...so glad you are feeling better and thankful that your cardiologist was persistent. Take that weight loss and be happy! When I had surgery 7 years ago I was looking forward to the weight loss results. Nope. I am the only person I know that can spend 21 days in hospital and GAIN 19 lbs. I had complications and wasn't eating so they kept me loaded with "sugary fluids" which caused the weight gain! It was crazy!

LOL...almost forgot to report my results....UP 0.6. I knew I would be up but am very thankful it is less than a pound. Trying hard to get it (plus more) off during the next week.

Sorry "gals and guys". didn't have a great night, so didn't write.

But first let me say wow Rose. So glad your doctor said..somethings wrong! I'm glad your

feeling better. Weren't you sick a few years back with your heart? So glad everything worked

out for you. Bless your doctor. Nice weight lost but you didn't want to lose that way.

pscruiser Bon Voyage and you lost this week. Great job. Check in Sat. if you can to say bye.

Diana Bon Voyage and you lost too. Great job. Enjoy your long cruise. Hope you can check in

during your trip. You better check in this weekend so we can say good bye.

Ski the gain just a small bump in the road. Could just be water weight.

Mike thank you so much for starting the thread. Just couldn't do it. Will explain. You lost that's

the main thing. Doesn't matter if from a gain or a pure loss. You got it off.

Now my Wed. started off fine. With friends played Bunco. Some went to lunch. Then we

played cards. Left close to 11 pm. A man hit my new car in a stupid way. He stop to get his cup that

fell on the ground. Thought car was on park had put in reverse, saw car moving, tried to put break on,

put on gas, back right into front of my car. Wouldn't be to bad except..had like a cage, 2 triangles at bottom

of heavy metal, big piece of wood standing up, like 2x4 (whatever big heavy wood standing up) and

other stuff. All this connected to the back of his van. So my grill broken, fender big cuts, hood bent down,

dent over tire well. My new car that just bought in June. He took the blame, told me and young man who came

and helped me and my daughter when she came. What happen and was his fault. But you know have

a day to think..will he try to change story. So tired and stress last night. Today with insurance, now wait

for claims adjuster and so on and so on. Everything might take longer have the 7 day cruise, then home three weeks then gone 45 days. You know how things take so long to go from one person to do this then other to this. Then go here,

check this ect. Sorry I'm venting. I know everyone is like me and say "Why me"? What makes me "mad" is

I usually go home a different way home from her house. Didn't this time. Thanks for listening.

Did go out with my "kids" for dinner tonight, met my daughters new boyfriend. So had a few hours to try

not to think about it!:p (but I did)

Didn't weigh, will tomorrow. Everyone have a good Friday and weekend.

Sorry "gals and guys". didn't have a great night, so didn't write.

But first let me say wow Rose. So glad your doctor said..somethings wrong! I'm glad your

feeling better. Weren't you sick a few years back with your heart? So glad everything worked

out for you. Bless your doctor. Nice weight lost but you didn't want to lose that way.

pscruiser Bon Voyage and you lost this week. Great job. Check in Sat. if you can to say bye.

Diana Bon Voyage and you lost too. Great job. Enjoy your long cruise. Hope you can check in

during your trip. You better check in this weekend so we can say good bye.

Ski the gain just a small bump in the road. Could just be water weight.

Mike thank you so much for starting the thread. Just couldn't do it. Will explain. You lost that's

the main thing. Doesn't matter if from a gain or a pure loss. You got it off.

Now my Wed. started off fine. With friends played Bunco. Some went to lunch. Then we

played cards. Left close to 11 pm. A man hit my new car in a stupid way. He stop to get his cup that

fell on the ground. Thought car was on park had put in reverse, saw car moving, tried to put break on,

put on gas, back right into front of my car. Wouldn't be to bad except..had like a cage, 2 triangles at bottom

of heavy metal, big piece of wood standing up, like 2x4 (whatever big heavy wood standing up) and

other stuff. All this connected to the back of his van. So my grill broken, fender big cuts, hood bent down,

dent over tire well. My new car that just bought in June. He took the blame, told me and young man who came

and helped me and my daughter when she came. What happen and was his fault. But you know have

a day to think..will he try to change story. So tired and stress last night. Today with insurance, now wait

for claims adjuster and so on and so on. Everything might take longer have the 7 day cruise, then home three weeks then gone 45 days. You know how things take so long to go from one person to do this then other to this. Then go here,

check this ect. Sorry I'm venting. I know everyone is like me and say "Why me"? What makes me "mad" is

I usually go home a different way home from her house. Didn't this time. Thanks for listening.

Did go out with my "kids" for dinner tonight, met my daughters new boyfriend. So had a few hours to try

not to think about it!:p (but I did)

Didn't weigh, will tomorrow. Everyone have a good Friday and weekend.

Wow Belle! So sorry to hear this news! I know it is disappointing....but....I am thankful that you didn't mention any injuries! I am hopeful that you (and no one else) was hurt. Dealing with the insurance, etc is a pain....but better than dealing with injuries that might have caused your trip to cancel/postpone. Vent away! I get it! Just remember to not stress out too much and think on the positives....no injuries and fun travels coming up soon!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I am feeling better every day.

Belle, I am so sorry about your new car. What a headache for you and it wasn't even your fault! I hope that everything gets settled quickly so that you can enjoy looking forward to your upcoming trips.

Diana, have an awesome cruise.

Rose

Thanks you all. No injuries , I know that's the main thing. But my car!:evilsmile:

I do have stress try not to but with the two different trips coming up and

the one being so long. It's just when is everything is going to happen. Plus I

had things to do and I'm not driving the car. Don't how bad it got damage

under hood, the wheel. Don't want to make it worse by driving. Just don't

want to in case.

Never want this to happen any time but the timing on this is the worse.

Thanks again for listening. Your all the best.

Take care Rose, glad your feeling better day by day.

Argh, so sorry to here of your debacle Belle - I think it's darn near impossible to keep a vehicle pristine for a year or two anymore - lazy shopping cart users, distracted drivers, and rampant "me first" mentality...

Sounds like everyone is doing well - thank goodness for diligent Dr's, auto insurance, and vacations!

Down 2 more lbs to 213. Might just be something to this KETO deal...

This past week I had things like a bacon pizza (woven bacon for the crust, light sauce, and mozzarella cheese), parmesan cheese crisps (pile of shredded cheese melted under the broiler) lots of salads, omelettes, grilled chicken and pork chops. Still meticulous with calorie counting and didn't break 1600 any given day. Rarely broke 10gr of carbs per day as well. Maintained ketosis all week, though the past few days the ketone level has dropped some.

Mrs. is off to Spain to visit grandkids and sightsee (took her mom and adult kids - I'm not a fan of trying to relax with them so I stayed behind - it's for the best for all involved!) so it's just me and the dog for two weeks. The good thing is I'm finding it easy to stay the course - the bad news is I'm doing a cigar darn near every night - shhhhhh, don't tell on me)...but it's still 105+degrees and the pool begs for me to enjoy it in the manner I'm accustomed to - less the beer and Snickers bar...

Have a good weekend all!

Thanks shootr. I know why can't people drive right. Had old car for years and years.

Drove all the time. New car haven't driven much...and Bam!

shooyr can see you now..siting in pool. cigar in hand and pretending there's

a beer and snicker's bar on the table waiting for you and then...it disappears in smoke!

All a dream!:(

Thanks shootr. I know why can't people drive right. Had old car for years and years.

Drove all the time. New car haven't driven much...and Bam!

shooyr can see you now..siting in pool. cigar in hand and pretending there's

a beer and snicker's bar on the table waiting for you and then...it disappears in smoke!

All a dream!:(

Pretty much... [emoji16]

d948240cfdcd7ca318a757c43cf33805.jpg

shootr least you have the pool and cigar. Are you enjoying your time alone? If not, sorry.

Diana Are you already and packed? How good is it to know you have a long cruise ahead.

Can't wait for mine except the flying. They don't make it fun any more.

pacruise Are you ready? You leave the day before Diana. Know you'll have fun.

Thank you all again for listening in my time of stress. Just began. Phone call 8:30 claim adjuster would

would try to come by today. No one came, no phone call. Wait all day!

Like Ski and Mike said a pain with insurance but I wasn't hurt.

shootr least you have the pool and cigar. Are you enjoying your time alone? If not, sorry.

As they say, absense makes the heart grow fonder.

We both think a little time apart isn't a bad thing. She's doing something she really enjoys and my heart just wasn't in it this time around (overseas travel with her mom is "challenging", personality-wise. She's a sweetheart, just a bit disorganized and that conflicts with my OCD)

The dogs doing her best to keep me company though!

We hiked this morning, then she watched me trim the trees and made a dump run with me. Now it's the cigar bar (just iced tea) to watch some football and a friendly card game.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Belle, yes, we're packed and ready to go. Hubby is a procrastinator so I had to prod him today to pack. All done.

Gorgie, good loss. Little vistories add up and I know keep me motivated.

I may not be back on after this. Busy getting ready. Transfer company picks us up Monday at 4am (yikes).

Everyone be well and happy losing. I will try to check-in here and there.

Diana

Hi Everyone-

Sorry I’ve been MIA. The last few weeks have not gone according to plan. Our trip to Virginia went well. My son graduated from AIT with honors but was sick again starting the weekend after graduation. Luckily, it didn’t turn into a full blown case of pneumonia again. He deployed last Monday afternoon.

My car was in for service that day and was supposed to be ready by 5 but they were running late so the dealer said just keep the loaner and pick up your car tomorrow since I had my first class of fall semester Monday night. I get home from class and realize I gave them my main set of keys and not the 2nd set. Emergency key is missing, sunroom door is locked. Older son doesn’t have a bus card to come let me in. Dogs are whining because they know it’s me. I get the ladder out of the garage, climb on the room of the sunroom to go in through the French door which is always open....only it’s jammed and won’t open. I’ve always gone up that way but never had to get down. I get my left leg on the ladder ok but my right leg is too far of a stretch and I fall. I broke both bones in my right lower leg all the way across horizontally plus multiple fractures that extend up into the knee joint itself. I had my first surgery Tuesday afternoon for temporary pins and an external fixation device. I will need a 2nd surgery either later this week or next week to get the permanent plates and screws.

On the upside, my appetite is down so I’m optimistic I’ll meet my goal in no time.

Oh Katmu I'm so sorry. I hope someone found you right away. Also hope your

not in to much pain. Right now just get well as soon as you can , part of that is

eating healthy foods. Don't worry about weight gain or loss right now.

Congrats to son for graduating. Glad he wasn't as sick as he could of been.

Very sorry that happened Katmu. I guess you’ll have to focus on diet rather than exercise for a while, but thats not a bad thing. And theres definitely nothing wrong with looking at the bright side! Glad your son’s graduation went well. Take care of yourself.