Gem Garden Villa

pathubia

Has anyone been in both GV on the Gem? Is one "better" than the other?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

There is no difference but one is port side and one is starboard side so depends where you sailing if you have a preference of sides. For example when we sailed out of New York we were port side so didn't see the statue of liberty from our balcony but I guess starboard side got a great view.

There is no difference but one is port side and one is starboard side so depends where you sailing if you have a preference of sides. For example when we sailed out of New York we were port side so didn't see the statue of liberty from our balcony but I guess starboard side got a great view.
Thanks!! We were starboard on the Gem in April and got a great view of the Statue of Liberty. This cruise will be from Boston to Bermuda.

Thanks!! We were starboard on the Gem in April and got a great view of the Statue of Liberty. This cruise will be from Boston to Bermuda.

We just got back from Boston - Bermuda on the Dawn - had some great sunrises and sunsets on the port side of the gv and we docked port side in Bermuda if that is of any help ! Have a great trip:):)

We just got back from Boston - Bermuda on the Dawn - had some great sunrises and sunsets on the port side of the gv and we docked port side in Bermuda if that is of any help ! Have a great trip:):)
Thanks!! We were on the Dawn last week and wound up in Canada!! [emoji15]

How you end up in Bermuda will vary. Historically NCL docked port side 2/3-3/4 of the time. This year, as an example, Escape did the exact opposite for most of the season. Late season they went back to mostly port side.

Has anyone been in both GV on the Gem? Is one "better" than the other?

We have done the GV on the Gem a few times we favor 14000 although I’m not sure why. It is very different from the Dawn GV. I believe it’s also bigger We love it

We have done the GV on the Gem a few times we favor 14000 although I’m not sure why. It is very different from the Dawn GV. I believe it’s also bigger We love it

The square footage of the interior of the Gem and Dawn are about the same but overall the Dawn is about 1500 - 2000 square feet larger than the Gem.

The square footage of the interior of the Gem and Dawn are about the same but overall the Dawn is about 1500 - 2000 square feet larger than the Gem.

We've sailed in 14500 on the Jewel, Pearl and Star. The GV on the Jewel-class ships has a bit more interior space than on the Star, also distributed differently. The most noticeable differences are that the living room in the Jewel-class GV is significantly larger than in the Star GV, whereas the Star has two master bedroom suites compared to the Jewel-class's one.

The outdoor deck of the Jewel's GV was much larger than the Pearl's because the Pearl had the two DOS on 15 taking up the forward upstairs deck. However, I understand that they will be replacing the Concierge Lounge on the Jewel with two DOS when it goes into drydock next month this difference will be eliminated. Even before the reduction, though, the outdoor space of the Jewel's GV was nowhere near as large as the Star's.

I’ve cruised on the Star and Jewel in the Garden Villa. I feel there is no comparison from the Dawn/Star GVs and the Jewel class GVs. The living room may be slightly larger in the Jewel class, but if it is, it is not noticeable. What is noticeable are the bedrooms. The Dawn class has 2 large masters and a penthouse size middle bedroom. They all have floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom. The Jewel class has one master, which is in my opinion not as nice as either of the Dawn masters, mostly because of the bathrooms. What is also noticeable is the ginormous outdoor area on the Dawn class versus the Jewel class. There really is no comparison. Although, one thing I do like better on the Jewel GV is the location of the hot tub, as it is next to the window so you can see the ocean easily from it. On the Dawn class it is in the middle of the downstairs courtyard so you can’t see the ocean as well.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents. 😀.