Copenhagen Hotel Recommendations

jajsmom

I know that I've seen recommended hotels in Copenhagen, but can't find those posts now. We usually stay in Hilton brands hotels, but they recently closed their last hotel in the area.

We are flying in one day before our cruise, and then will be staying 2 nights at the end of our cruise. For our pre-cruise stay, we will probably be jet-lagged and just do some wandering around. We will do our sightseeing in Copenhagen in the two days after our cruise. It will just be my husband and myself.

Based on what we plan to do, what areas would you recommend for each of our two stays? Any specific hotel recommendations? We prefer a room with a king or queen bed, and included breakfast is a plus. We plan to use public transportation from the airport to the hotel, then to the cruise port, and again returning from the cruise port to the hotel and then back to the airport. The two hotel stays do not need to be the same.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Lauri

Or the Wonderful Copenhagen Thread :D

But a hotel in the area around Kongens Nytorv/Nyhavn would be a good place to start if you want to explore the city by foot.

Kongens Nytorv has a metro station and line M2 goes directly from the airport.

When you are heading to the cruiseport you can do 2 things.

Take the metro to Nørreport and catch the 25 from from there.

Or take bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv or Odd Fellow Palæet (yes its a funny name) to Østerport st and change to bus 25 or 27.from there.

Best Western Hotel City

Hotel Maritime

Copenhagen Strand

Hotel Bethel

71 Nyhavn Hotel

Hotel Sankt Annæ

Scandic Front

Admiral Hotel

Phoenix Copenhagen

Wake Up Borgergade

Hotel Christian IV

Hotel D´Angleterre

Lauri:

I highly recommend the Wonderful Copenhagen thread for learning about this great city.

Here are a couple of other threads I found on a search:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2469344

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494141

We really like the Scandic Palace, located on the City Hall Square. We have stayed there twice.

Best of luck on your stay in Copenhagen.

Mike

We like the Scandic Palace. It has a great breakfast, is a short walk from the main train station (hint- go left out the main door) and is at the foot of the main pedestrian zone. The free walking tour leaves from the square in front of the hotel.

Lauri,

I would stay quite close to the Main Train Station for 3 reasons, location, location, location. TripAdvisor will be your 'best friend' Website for Copenhagen Hotel ideas. Start with Radisson Blu, Scandic Copenhagen, Scandic Palace. psst... enjoy a traditional lunch at The Nytorv.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions. I was able to book the Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn both before and after our cruise. That hotel was previously sold out for our dates, and was again sold out after I booked, so I'm glad I was able to get them.

Danish Viking--thanks so much for all of your help! My daughter spent her birthday weekend in Copenhagen last year, and loved the Nyhavn area. She especially loved the trampolines built into the streets, and recommended we stay in this area for its beauty and convenience.

Our family of 5 was in Copenhagen pre and post cruise in May last year. We stayed at the Imperial before the cruise. Very nice hotel and a great location. There is a restaurant in the hotel but it is not included in the stay price. We stayed at The Square three nights post cruise. Also, a great location! I think we liked The Square slightly better, but both were conveniently located. The Square also has bikes you can rent right from the check in desk.

Adina apartment hotel

nearer port/little mermaid than city centre so good pre cruise

good public transport links to port or take taxi

self catering facilities but studio apartments only have microwave

Netto supermarket round corner but very little in way of stuff to microwave so recommend upgrade to 1 bed apartments with full kitchen

I've spent hours it seems looking at Copenhagen hotels! We are doing one night pre cruise at the Scandic Front and the post cruise night at the Comfort Hotel. I was trying to hit two areas - and get A/C and find free breakfast and rooms for the 4 of us. I do think I ended up getting 2 rooms at the Comfort. I think after the 4 of us share a room on the cruise I may take the room to myself at the hotel!

Wow, over 100 views, and no one has any hotel recommendations? It seems like we should hopefully get answers, as many people have this same question.

Please let us know where you have stayed in Copenhagen!

We are staying at the Ibsen Hotel pre and post-cruise. It gets good reviews from Trip Advisor and Rick Steves and is centrally located in a good area, not far from public transportation.

We recently stayed at the Comfort Hotel Vesterbro. It is a 5 minute walk from the train station and about 10 minutes from Tivoli Gardens. Great room and breakfast. Also the bar had a wonderful live band and had us dancing one evening until late, late, late!

Most recently, we've stayed at the Radisson Blu and the Scandic Palace. Both had A/C.

We stayed at the Radisson Blu in 1984 (when it was the SAS Royal). So was looking at staying there again but also was very interested in the Scandic Palace ( yes we need location and A/C too!!). Of the two which did you like better?

Pooh

We have stayed at the Marriott Hotel and enjoyed the hotel and its location which is near Tivoli.

Keith

We stayed here as well in August 2017 and loved it. Easy walk to anywhere. Personally I would avoid Nyhavn as it is touristy and expensive. Nice place to walk through but you can walk there from the Marriott.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We recently stayed at the Comfort Hotel Vesterbro. It is a 5 minute walk from the train station and about 10 minutes from Tivoli Gardens. Great room and breakfast. Also the bar had a wonderful live band and had us dancing one evening until late, late, late!

After much research, we are booked at the Comfort Hotel this Fall.

Previously, I was able to book the Hilton by the airport with points, but now that that is no longer an option, we decided to stay near center city.

The only thing I have to figure out now is how to get from the hotel to the ship on cruise day??

May 18-19 pre-cruise, we are at Raddison Blu, it appears to be the best choice. however, I lost the fight between Airbnb vs standard hotel in Copenhagen for our one night back after 7 days. My husband booked us in the Clarion Dan to be very close to airport for 6 am flight back to states. taxi will be needed at 3 am. anyone else take this choice and cab to apt?

thank you