I am picturing a modern age Titanic

Casper259

My husband and I booked a cruise in the Seaside for later this year. But after reading the reviews, I am horrified. We have cruised a few times before and always there were life jackets in your room. I hear the lifejackets are several floors away. Is that even legal??? So is it a BYOLJ cruise? That is disaster waiting to happen. Ship is on fire and ok scramble to to where you heard there may be some life jackets? I am so sorry we didn't get cancellation insurance because I would cancel this horrible booking.

Nothing like being overly dramatic due to here say... Sorry but I'm tired of all of these EXTREMELY negative people who only seem happy when they'e complaining. This isn't only intended for the OP but more for EVERYONE who has been complaining so much! Go on your cruise and enjoy it like I plan to do next month.

My husband and I booked a cruise in the Seaside for later this year. But after reading the reviews, I am horrified. We have cruised a few times before and always there were life jackets in your room. I hear the lifejackets are several floors away. Is that even legal??? So is it a BYOLJ cruise? That is disaster waiting to happen. Ship is on fire and ok scramble to to where you heard there may be some life jackets? I am so sorry we didn't get cancellation insurance because I would cancel this horrible booking.

Another 1 post wonder.

Nothing like being overly dramatic due to here say... Sorry but I'm tired of all of these EXTREMELY negative people who only seem happy when they'e complaining. This isn't only intended for the OP but more for EVERYONE who has been complaining so much! Go on your cruise and enjoy it like I plan to do next month.

Very well said !!!

Same on Oasis class of RCCL and not only. On large ships like this in case of emergency people won’t have a time to reach their stateroom and then go to muster station.

On Norwegian, there are life jackets in the room, but you’re told at muster that you can go to your muster station without a life jacket in an emergency (if you’re not in your room) and they will have extras there. I’ve never understood why they have 2x the life jackets. Keeping them where the staff could hand them out at the muster station seems more reasonable - especially since you never try them on at muster drill.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey ! Let's be nice ! ! Please stop bashing the new comers.

So what if they only have one post. They apparently had a concern ( which , to be honest, was expressed a bit dramatically )

But a concern nonetheless .

I thought we were here to be helpful . Could we not just explain the life jacket procedure on the Seaside in a kind and helpful way ?

Everyone here started with a first post . I know I have been helped by many kind and knowledgeable folks on Cruise Critic . There are too many mean people in this world , don't be one of them .

Sorry ! Stepping off my soap box now !

On Norwegian, there are life jackets in the room, but you’re told at muster that you can go to your muster station without a life jacket in an emergency (if you’re not in your room) and they will have extras there. I’ve never understood why they have 2x the life jackets. Keeping them where the staff could hand them out at the muster station seems more reasonable - especially since you never try them on at muster drill.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not on Escape there isn’t... at least not in the Haven.

So what if they only have one post. They apparently had a concern ( which , to be honest, was expressed a bit dramatically )

I thought we were here to be helpful . Could we not just explain the life jacket procedure on the Seaside in a kind and helpful way ?

Everyone here started with a first post . I know I have been helped by many kind and knowledgeable folks on Cruise Critic . There are too many mean people in this world , don't be one of them .

Well written post above. I’m sure there are some with the wooden spoon but also some genuine concerns.

As someone who works on an oil rig I can tell you there are life jackets at the lifeboat muster points. Loads of people out working who could not get back to their room to pick up a life jacket dependant on where the incident is occurring. Would you really want to go back through a fire to your room to get a life jacket or would you rather them placed around the ship where you could access them ? ( we do have both options on the rig mind you)

Because first impressions matter, that’s why. When a person decides that his first post on CC is going to be a melodramatic whingefest and is threatening to cancel, it immediately gives a bad impression of said poster. That’s why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because first impressions matter, that’s why. When a person decides that his first post on CC is going to be a melodramatic whingefest and is threatening to cancel, it immediately gives a bad impression of said poster. That’s why.

Does she know to bring her own butter, as well has her own life jacket?

Dear Casper,

Please excuse the terse posts but please understand when you mention the T word here on CC it tends to put the posters on edge. The point has been well made that you will want to find an ample supply of LJ’s at the lifeboat...along with fresh water and medical kits. Kudos to djv for reminding us of the historical aspect.

Traveling by passenger ship is the safest mode of transport I can think of.

Dear Casper,

Traveling by passenger ship is the safest mode of transport I can think of.

Actually traveling by air is the safest mode of transport.

deaths1-5555f72a411b2.jpg

A spate of high-profile plane crashes have occurred in recent months and may have been playing on the minds of anyone who is scared of flying.

There was the tragic loss of the Germanwings Flight 4U9525 in March after it was deliberately downed by co-pilot Andreas Lubitz. In December, an AirAsia plane, flight QZ8501, went missing en-route from Indonesia to Singapore with 162 passengers.

However, people are seemingly right when they say flying is by far safer than travelling by car or taking a train - things that most of us will do without even thinking about it.

Ian Savage who is a professor in the department of economics at Northwestern University crunched data on the number of deaths of US residents between 2000 and 2009 to express different transportation methods in terms of deaths per billion passenger miles travelled.

Savage found that flying was the safest mode of transport with just 0.07 deaths per one billion passenger miles. Conversely, travelling by motorcycle is by far the most dangerous way of getting from A to B, with 212.57 deaths per billion passenger miles travelled.

courtesy of Cityam.com

As long as it's salted of course, the butter....since the life jacket will become salted as soon as you hit the water. ;)

Just for clarification purposes, I did not write that sentence. That was added to a post I did write but it implies that I wrote the comment about butter, which I did not. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk