Mosquitoes

Watching the World Cup there seems to be a lot of mosquitoes where England were playing. Is this something that we need to take into consideration in St Petersburg?

Personally, I've never encountered mosquitoes within the city of St. Petersburg. I have encountered them in the countryside.

BUT ...

According to my Russian friends, the number of mosquitoes in St. Pete can be quite high during the summer months (especially around bodies of water which is practically everywhere in the city). These mosquitoes are malaria free.

Just carry some repellent and you will be fine (those wipes look like they would do the trick).

Are any immunizations needed prior to Baltic cruise? I mean any shots other than those we get done regularly?

If travelling in tick season and you like to be really cautious you could get Tick Borne Encephalitis. There are some ticks even in city parks but the risks seem very low for such a short city based visit. All vaccines have some risk themselves after all.

Mosquitos really depend on the weather of course but certainly can be an issue especially at the palaces.